db2016

K1 for Egyptian National

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All, 

My fiance is an Egyptian national and though Egypt is not on the list as one of the 7 countries, there are rumors that it will be added soon. Anyone else here apply or applying for a K1 visa and has had any movement in their application since the EO was signed last Friday (Jan 27th)? My fear is that even if Egypt is not added, that our application will take even longer because we are both Muslim and I am also originally from Egypt but am an American citizen now. So we will get "extra vetting"

Egyptian Muslim men or Muslim men from MENA (Middle Eastern North African) countries already get vetted  with long AP and security background checks). Some Egyptian men do not stay on AP very long, some have only taken days/weeks to receive their Visa after being approved at their interview, while other's have taken months. There isn't any way of truly knowing how long it takes, but usually from what I've seen K1-Visas take less time to process and as well as less time through AP.

I think that you should continue and go through the process. As of now it's only rumor, I have not read anything official that Egypt will be placed on the banned list. I'm currently going through the IR-1 process for my Egyptian husband (we're at the NVC stage), I too am worried, but their isn't much we can really do at this point except to proceed. I have family in the US that have been waiting for my return, so trust me when I say that I am very much concerned about the possibility of Egypt being placed on the banned list later.

I don't know why, but I still have the feeling it may not happen as Egypt and the US have worked for many years on counter-terrorism operations, work together on protecting the boarder with Israel, and every year have joint military training. President El-Sisi is a very big fan of President Trump, and from what the media here in Egypt says, their relationship is quite rock solid. So... with that being said... we still don't know, it's 50/50 at the moment.

Stay positive and keep going. :) I wish you luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I don't know why, but I still have the feeling it may not happen as Egypt and the US have worked for many years on counter-terrorism operations, work together on protecting the boarder with Israel, and every year have joint military training. President El-Sisi is a very big fan of President Trump, and from what the media here in Egypt says, their relationship is quite rock solid. So... with that being said... we still don't know, it's 50/50 at the moment.

I believe this to be true also....my fiance says jokingly that El-Sisi and Trump are so similar.  I agree, we just need to keep looking ahead, proceed with our petitions and think positive........try not to think about what negatives might happen.  :thumbs:

04/17/17.....sent I-129F

x/xx/17.......I-129F received

x/xx/17......NOA1 text/email....sent to CSC

x/xx/17......NOA1 hardcopy

x/xx/17......NOA2 text/email

x/xx/17......sent packet 3 to Cairo embassy

x/xx/17......medical

x/xx/17......interview in Cairo

x/xx/17......Visa in hand :star:

She's there for a reason - let's not give up! 

liberty.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, hy2016 said:

Hi All, 

My fiance is an Egyptian national and though Egypt is not on the list as one of the 7 countries, there are rumors that it will be added soon. Anyone else here apply or applying for a K1 visa and has had any movement in their application since the EO was signed last Friday (Jan 27th)? My fear is that even if Egypt is not added, that our application will take even longer because we are both Muslim and I am also originally from Egypt but am an American citizen now. So we will get "extra vetting"

I'm also Muslim with a Muslim first and last name, but I'm originally born in the USA.  I don't think you will get extra vetting, you are a USC now, so you are not adjusting status yourself anymore, and Egypt is not on the ban list.

I plan on sending in our application in April after I get back from visiting him during spring break.  Have you already sent in your application?  Maybe our timelines will be similar. :)   Stay positive :)

04/17/17.....sent I-129F

x/xx/17.......I-129F received

x/xx/17......NOA1 text/email....sent to CSC

x/xx/17......NOA1 hardcopy

x/xx/17......NOA2 text/email

x/xx/17......sent packet 3 to Cairo embassy

x/xx/17......medical

x/xx/17......interview in Cairo

x/xx/17......Visa in hand :star:

She's there for a reason - let's not give up! 

liberty.jpg

2 hours ago, m&zCAIRO said:

I believe this to be true also....my fiance says jokingly that El-Sisi and Trump are so similar.  I agree, we just need to keep looking ahead, proceed with our petitions and think positive........try not to think about what negatives might happen.  :thumbs:

I agree 100%, lets's stay positive. :star: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, m&zCAIRO said:

I'm also Muslim with a Muslim first and last name, but I'm originally born in the USA.  I don't think you will get extra vetting, you are a USC now, so you are not adjusting status yourself anymore, and Egypt is not on the ban list.

I plan on sending in our application in April after I get back from visiting him during spring break.  Have you already sent in your application?  Maybe our timelines will be similar. :)   Stay positive :)

I actually already filed for him in December, waiting for NOA2 now, should be coming any day if all goes well :)

Edited by hy2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.