My wife my hope

Best way to mail paperwork to the embassy in Cairo

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We were told to mail a notarized letter from my petitioner in the states to the US embassy in Cairo before the interview. We want to this letter to reach the Immigrant visa unit in the embassy in Cairo ASAP. 

What's the best way to mail that to them ? And what's their exact address ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

fedEx or UPS...

And a 2 sec. google from the embassies webpage.

https://eg.usembassy.gov

U.S. Embassy Cairo
5 Tawfik Diab Street
Garden City, Cairo
Egypt
Telephone: (20-2) 2797 3300
Fax: (20-2) 2797 3200

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I suppose that it could be aramex as they do have such agreement or something with embassy and also when I've submitted my documents " packet 3 " I did it with aramex as they do have dedicated section/employees for the American embassy in Cairo.

so you can check with them first...best of luck

Timeline
4 hours ago, eslamhassan said:

I suppose that it could be aramex as they do have such agreement or something with embassy and also when I've submitted my documents " packet 3 " I did it with aramex as they do have dedicated section/employees for the American embassy in Cairo.

so you can check with them first...best of luck

Thanks 

can you please advise if should add any details to their regular adress at Garden city ? Ex: consular section and/or Immigrant visa unit ? Just tell me exactly the address you wrote 

Mail it to the address above and make sure you send it with a copy of the letter of request for this notarized document. I would write under US Embassy of Cairo, Attn: Immigrant Visa Section. I also would have a copy of the document you had notarized with you to have at the interview just in case. (Always better to have extra copies of all important documents.. better to safe than sorry.)

Timeline
7 hours ago, freelife2010md said:

Thanks 

can you please advise if should add any details to their regular adress at Garden city ? Ex: consular section and/or Immigrant visa unit ? Just tell me exactly the address you wrote 

I just went to Aramex head office in mosadaq street,mohandsien and picked up a ticket for the American embassy then told the guy there that I need to send few documents to the embassy he asked me is it for immigration purpose I said yes then he took the envelope from me and wrote down my passport number,case number and send it to the visa section in the embassy..and it's free :)

1 minute ago, eslamhassan said:

I just went to Aramex head office in mosadaq street,mohandsien and picked up a ticket for the American embassy then told the guy there that I need to send few documents to the embassy he asked me is it for immigration purpose I said yes then he took the envelope from me and wrote down my passport number,case number and send it to the visa section in the embassy..and it's free :)

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't the document he's needing to send to the US Embassy Cairo coming from the US and not Egypt? So this would not apply to him if so... ??? I agree it would still all in all be best to ship through Aramex regardless of whether it's being shipped from the US or Egy.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't the document he's needing to send to the US Embassy Cairo coming from the US and not Egypt? So this would not apply to him if so... ??? I agree it would still all in all be best to ship through Aramex regardless of whether it's being shipped from the US or Egy.

Yeah you do have a point here but I assumed that he already got the letter and if I'm not mistaken I guess that Aramex located in the us also so it's easily could be sent from aramex us to aramex Egypt then forwarded to the embassy tho.

1 hour ago, eslamhassan said:

Yeah you do have a point here but I assumed that he already got the letter and if I'm not mistaken I guess that Aramex located in the us also so it's easily could be sent from aramex us to aramex Egypt then forwarded to the embassy tho.

True, true. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Middle East/North Africa regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
9 hours ago, eslamhassan said:

No.  From a previous experience with Aramex.  Never deal with Aramex for international dealings.  It's horrible.  I did it before and they drove me insane then when I read the reviews on their page.  The rating is so low.  If I knew that I wouldn't have dealt with them.  So if your spouse is going to mail it from the US . The best ways are UPS.  FEDEX and DHL. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.