kmch

Green card holder, waiting N-400 interview letter, I am a citizen of one of the countries on travel ban

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexAlex82 said:

Don't worry bro, tell your wife to relax, if you have your application already in processing they will keep processing it, I got my interview on 31/1/2017 after the EO and i passed  and got the approval and the N-445 notice for the Oath.

it is really stressful but officer told me for the current application they will keep the processing, not sure about new N-400.

best of luck all

Congrats and that is good to hear. I was wondering what was going to happen with all the N400 applications in process for those countries that have been banned since this BS came into effect. Fingers crossed that nothing changes from today to your oath ceremony.

I was going to delay my own citizenship last year but am so glad that I did not. I had a feeling that if Trump got elected that he would start screwing around with immigration.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

• 3 months later...

I haven't heard from USCIS yet.  My case hasn't changed to in line from interview as well. A couple of weeks ago I spoke to a Tier 2 officer, she called me back after several hours, and told me your case still within processing time. However, she reviewed USCIS systems on my case, and sent an email to the officer in charge of my case. Then told me I should hear from them by May 1. I didn't get anything!! Not sure what to do. What you guys think?

Thank you for all the responses. 

I haven't talked to any government official, but just an immigration lawyer we know. I have also talked to my cousin in a different state, and his attorney told him the same thing. 

Thank you so much for the article. It's a great relief.

Thanks bob zerg for your feedback. I am gonna call USCIS tomorrow as well.

Sorry, but don't be so fast to trust an attorney's word on this. Check with the government. Furthermore, last I heard, the latest "travel ban" was blocked by a Federal Judge in Hawaii.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

There are still people who filed in August, September, October, November and December  last year who are still waiting inline for interview.  It's slow.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

be patient. i have seen people getting their citizenship after a year or even two years...
I know it is tempting to connect this with other dots you have in your mind....however, most of the time it is just a matter waiting. we know they are processing citizenship petitions, there is no such thing as not to process citizenship applications from certain countries. travel ban and citizenship petitions are two different things.

Relax, this is not a race.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.