Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Hello Denver filers. I filed for removal

of conditions through marriage November of 2016. November 7th 2017 I applied online for citizenship and my field office is Denver. I haven’t heard anything since November 20th and the update I got was about receiving my biometrics. In May, I got a letter of case transfer for removal of conditions but that’s after almost two years of nothing. My uscis online account shows completion date as January 2019. I have been seeing some approvals here, but the question is, Am I alone? Is there anyone in the same situation as me? I’m hoping to get a realistic idea of what the current processing time is? I don’t know if I should start panicking yet. This whole process is tedious and super frustrating. Any information will be greatly appreciated! TIA

5 hours ago, Immi33 said:

Hello Denver filers. I filed for removal

of conditions through marriage November of 2016. November 7th 2017 I applied online for citizenship and my field office is Denver. I haven’t heard anything since November 20th and the update I got was about receiving my biometrics. In May, I got a letter of case transfer for removal of conditions but that’s after almost two years of nothing. My uscis online account shows completion date as January 2019. I have been seeing some approvals here, but the question is, Am I alone? Is there anyone in the same situation as me? I’m hoping to get a realistic idea of what the current processing time is? I don’t know if I should start panicking yet. This whole process is tedious and super frustrating. Any information will be greatly appreciated! TIA

My timeline is pretty similar to yours. I think you will be hearing back from them very soon. I filed for removal of conditions  November 2016 (transferred in May 2018) and for my  N-400  December 2017 online and I had my interview on August 15th and my oath is September 5th. Did you file for N400 online? 

11 hours ago, Beedenver said:

My timeline is pretty similar to yours. I think you will be hearing back from them very soon. I filed for removal of conditions  November 2016 (transferred in May 2018) and for my  N-400  December 2017 online and I had my interview on August 15th and my oath is September 5th. Did you file for N400 online? 

Thanks for the information. Yes I filed my N-400 online November 7th 2017. I don’t understand why there’s a lot of inconsistencies with the processing timeline.. if they follow order of application I should have heard from them by now.. it’s just really stressing me out. I live 6 hours away from Denver and if not I’d go for an info pass. Can’t wait for it to be over.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 9:49 PM, Immi33 said:

Thanks for the information. Yes I filed my N-400 online November 7th 2017. I don’t understand why there’s a lot of inconsistencies with the processing timeline.. if they follow order of application I should have heard from them by now.. it’s just really stressing me out. I live 6 hours away from Denver and if not I’d go for an info pass. Can’t wait for it to be over.. 

I actually filed earlier than you for both (June 2016/August 2017 (paper), and will have my interview this Thursday. So no reason to panic. Long story short, I don't think your case has gotten lost or anything unusual is going on with it. They are just very slow, and processing times are all over the place (and yes, often out of order). At least you filed online, that should speed it up. Infopass is useless, they just tell you it is still in line for interview/within regular processing times, they can't speed it up. I had to go to get the second i751 stamp in June and hence asked about my case then, and that's what I got told. So I certainly would not drive 6h to get that answer unless you need a i751 stamp or other paperwork from them (I needed a second i751 stamp to travel internationally, as I'm now over 2 years past when my initial greencard expired and the letter they send with i751 filing only extends it by 1-yr, after that you can get a i751 stamp in your passport so you can still travel internationally, but that is also for 1 year each time, so I now have two of those.).

My timeline: I filed for removal of conditions in June 2016, for N400 August 2017 (paper). i751 is way beyond processing times, but when I filed a ticket about that last fall I got the answer that it was combined with my N400, which is within normal processing times. In May 2018 I got a letter that my i751 was transferred to another office to "speed up processing" (seems like a lot of us got that same letter?). No idea how that fits with it being combined with N400. I got the interview letter 3 weeks ago, for this week Thursday. I really hope they'll do the i751 interview/decision then as well, and that file isn't actually at a different office. By the way, my i751 case has never been updated online, all it says there is that they received it, even though I did biometrics, and even this transfer letter does not show up online as an action on my case. So same as for you, complete silence except the transfer letter. It also was not mentioned in the interview letter, that is only for N400, but I'm bringing my spouse just in case.

Edited by thunder11

1 hour ago, thunder11 said:

I actually filed earlier than you for both (June 2016/August 2017 (paper), and will have my interview this Thursday. So no reason to panic. Long story short, I don't think your case has gotten lost or anything unusual is going on with it. They are just very slow, and processing times are all over the place (and yes, often out of order). At least you filed online, that should speed it up. Infopass is useless, they just tell you it is still in line for interview/within regular processing times, they can't speed it up. I had to go to get the second i751 stamp in June and hence asked about my case then, and that's what I got told. So I certainly would not drive 6h to get that answer unless you need a i751 stamp or other paperwork from them (I needed a second i751 stamp to travel internationally, as I'm now over 2 years past when my initial greencard expired and the letter they send with i751 filing only extends it by 1-yr, after that you can get a i751 stamp in your passport so you can still travel internationally, but that is also for 1 year each time, so I now have two of those.).

My timeline: I filed for removal of conditions in June 2016, for N400 August 2017 (paper). i751 is way beyond processing times, but when I filed a ticket about that last fall I got the answer that it was combined with my N400, which is within normal processing times. In May 2018 I got a letter that my i751 was transferred to another office to "speed up processing" (seems like a lot of us got that same letter?). No idea how that fits with it being combined with N400. I got the interview letter 3 weeks ago, for this week Thursday. I really hope they'll do the i751 interview/decision then as well, and that file isn't actually at a different office. By the way, my i751 case has never been updated online, all it says there is that they received it, even though I did biometrics, and even this transfer letter does not show up online as an action on my case. So same as for you, complete silence except the transfer letter. It also was not mentioned in the interview letter, that is only for N400, but I'm bringing my spouse just in case.

Thank you for taking out time to share your timeline. I truly appreciate it. It makes me feel a lot better. Wish you all the best with your interview. Good luck! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
On 8/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, BigEZ said:

Do you have to send your original naturalization certificate in for the passport? 

If you go to the post office to apply for your passport, they will make a copy of your original nat. certificate, keep the original and give you the copy. After they mail you your passport, then few days later you will get back your original nat. certificate by mail 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 9:49 PM, Immi33 said:

That's pretty normal now. Same thing happened to me. Once your I-751 is transferred, you should soon see an interview letter.

For others wondering, my oath ceremony is this Thursday. Safe to say I am very excited to be done with this process!!

Timeline

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I will ask....I just got an email update from USCIS saying the my oath ceremony has been scheduled and a notice has been mailed. The email also says that I should contact them if I do not receive notice by October 6. Does this mean that my oath ceremony is likely to be after the 6th of October? Denver folks who have recently gone through the process, can you share your experience re how much time between notice and oath ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hi guys!

I'm almost ready to send N-400 but site said I have to add  ALL my children's birth certificates, without this my application can be reject it says.. My step daughter is 36, my birth daughter  is 26 , no one of them applying for any immigration visas  or benefits. And both of them was moving no too long ago  and still have some their staff in different houses, so it's going to take time to find birth certificates (they already looking for it about 2 weeks , when they can of couse). I'm applying for citizenship on 3 years  rule.  Anybody had same requirement for children's birth certificates? Or I did something wrong in the application?

event.png

Timeline
On 9/6/2018 at 8:16 PM, yrc said:

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I will ask....I just got an email update from USCIS saying the my oath ceremony has been scheduled and a notice has been mailed. The email also says that I should contact them if I do not receive notice by October 6. Does this mean that my oath ceremony is likely to be after the 6th of October? Denver folks who have recently gone through the process, can you share your experience re how much time between notice and oath ceremony. 

Nope, that is the just standard deadline for all notices anytime your status changes online. For example, if your status for interview changed today to say, "Interview was scheduled", it would say to contact them if you don't receive your notice by Oct 7th.

My oath ceremony was scheduled on August 28th, received the mail on August 31st and took my oath on September 6th. So it was about a week. That's also the norm I've heard from other people, i.e. within a couple of weeks from notice date.

Good luck!

Timeline

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post and update and say that I am now a US Citizen!! 

The oath ceremony was great. There were 48 applicants from 23 countries and it was a really great day for everyone. I went and applied for the passport today!

Thank you to everyone on here who has been so helpful during this journey. It's a long one and it's nice to know that you're not alone. I will definitely be sticking around to help answer questions for other people currently in the process or future applicants. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, BigEZ said:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post and update and say that I am now a US Citizen!! 

The oath ceremony was great. There were 48 applicants from 23 countries and it was a really great day for everyone. I went and applied for the passport today!

Thank you to everyone on here who has been so helpful during this journey. It's a long one and it's nice to know that you're not alone. I will definitely be sticking around to help answer questions for other people currently in the process or future applicants. 

Congratulations! I am sure you are more than relieved.

Timeline

Another update : I did have an info pass on wednesday - 5th to get a certified copy of my naturalization certificate. The officer did not know about this and had to consult with his senior to get this done. They took a copy of naturalization cert and attached a certified form on top of it to say , this is a true certified copy. This was needed for applying formy OCI to india.

Timeline
4 hours ago, vvg said:

Another update : I did have an info pass on wednesday - 5th to get a certified copy of my naturalization certificate. The officer did not know about this and had to consult with his senior to get this done. They took a copy of naturalization cert and attached a certified form on top of it to say , this is a true certified copy. This was needed for applying formy OCI to india.

Don’t mean to digress from the main purpose of this thread, but vvg, did you call the OCI customer helpline?  When I called they said a certified copy is not required.  Have they changed the requirements now?

Edited by yrc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.