unknownuser

USCIS Case Tracker for Windows 10

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I decided to contribute, and made a USCIS case tracker app for Windows 10. It is available for free!

If it prompts you to purchase, just select trial. The next submission will make a change in the price so it will be available for free. There are no watermarks, advertisements or limitations in available features. This app was made for you, my fellow U.S. immigrants, to make your life easier.

I am requesting also feedback on what you'd like to see in the app. Keep in mind when rating/reviewing the app that I just published this. It may still have some rough things. I have been working on it for 2 months now.

Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/uscis-case/9ppcl7m7srd7

Features:

- Background updates and notifications on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile (Windows Phone) and Xbox One

- No advertisements (This app was made for you).

- Unique design using the official flag colors.

- Lightweight: Improved battery life and less power consumption.

Requirements:

- Windows 10 with July 2016 update or later (build 14393 or later)

- Windows 10 Mobile

- Xbox One

Upcoming changes to be made:
- Ability to change background update interval.

- Being researched: Compare your case with previous 100 and next 100 cases to get prediction and deliver statistics. However, this feature may drain the battery as 200 web requests will need to be made.

Note: Do not forget to enable background updates in settings!

If you like the design, other platforms are being considered but not guaranteed because there are already several apps for iOS and Android available.

Thank you everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you..my LG V10  does not support it but will try on my PC.

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, jonashendrickx said:

A new update (1.0.4.0) is being published today. Will address some major problems and will have UI optimizations.

I'm not trying to be rude.. but at this point your app is useless.

The features you've listed are already available in FREE apps on Android and iOS.. Okay, your app is unique to Windows users, but again, at this point app should've been free not trial. Furthermore, iPhone free USCIS app gives you an option to generate 500 cases statuses at once.. This is very useful. You're app is only limited to 100 and you charge $1.99

Edited by vogann

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

13 minutes ago, vogann said:

I'm not trying to be rude.. but at this point your app is useless.

The features you've listed are already available in FREE apps on Android and iOS.. Okay, your app is unique to Windows users, but again, at this point app should've been free not trial. Furthermore, iPhone free USCIS app gives you an option to generate 500 cases statuses at once.. This is very useful. You're app is only limited to 100 and you charge $1.99

Useless?? Not useless to the Windows 10, Windows Phone, and XBox uses...

The app will be available for free soon. Even if that wasn't the case, he's free to profit from his hard work. As a developer myself, I'd feel awful if somebody told me that I shouldn't make money from my work.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Exactly, the app will be made free. You can download it for free as a trial version. Note that those free apps also have advertisements. Specially the USCIS Case Tracker app for iOS which occasionally presents you with an annoying full screen add where you have to wait 5 seconds before you can close it. I am currently working towards a free app which will have a donate button and have no advertisements no matter what.

Next update will allow you to configure the interval at which the automatic background synchronization is running. I hope to publish this tonight so you should see the free store price tomorrow evening.

My app will have all these features soon too and more. What is most important for me right now is to get the best user interface for what is already finished. I care a lot about efficiency and try not to affect battery life and performance of your laptop, console or mobile phone.

Just keep in mind that developing an app and testing it for various platforms takes time. Specially if you are using technologies, developer tools, etc you have never used before. I am developing this app to stay busy while I am waiting for my work permit.

In the meantime, keep the feedback coming and I will do my best to listen to everyone and implement your ideas.

Just now, jonashendrickx said:

Exactly, the app will be made free. You can download it for free as a trial version. Note that those free apps also have advertisements. Specially the USCIS Case Tracker app for iOS which occasionally presents you with an annoying full screen add where you have to wait 5 seconds before you can close it. I am currently working towards a free app which will have a donate button and have no advertisements no matter what.

This app isn't for me, but I 100% appreciate what you're doing!

That said, from an immigration standpoint, I would be careful if you don't have a work permit and are releasing apps (especially paid ones). That qualifies as self-employment.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Useless?? Not useless to the Windows 10, Windows Phone, and XBox uses...

The app will be available for free soon. Even if that wasn't the case, he's free to profit from his hard work. As a developer myself, I'd feel awful if somebody told me that I shouldn't make money from my work.

who the heck tracks cases via Xbox..

So, at this point this app is limits you to search only up to 100 cases is not smart just for the sake of battery(who cares?).. maybe it's just iPhones, but USCIS doesn't drains my battery that much even after I do 2000 searches per day. Plus if every time you open the app and it automatically checks 100 cases before/after your case #  than in 2 days you'll get 3 day IP ban (assuming you're checking cases from the same network)

You missed the point I was trying to make. At this point this app wouldn't be profitable. Of course you can charge $100 for this app and think your work is worth it, but no one will buy it.. and yes it's up to him what to charge people, i know.  I'm a developer too... To save his time (IMHO) - he should work on the features that other apps don't offer and charge for them. For example: built-in VPN for infinite # of searches on USCIS cases. This is something that would be a looot more scalable business model. + to profit even more have some adds running in the background 

At this point it's similar is just like the webpage in my signature.. yes it's convenient for Nov.14 Noa1 fillers, but this would be silly for me to charge to access it (and it was never meant to be for profit).

Finally.. Having this app on windows you do want it to have a lot more features than the phone app.. right? Like generating 1000 case status reports at once.

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”

Timeline

In addition, here is the link I found from the guys that made iPhone case tracking app: 

I haven't tested it, b/c I don't antivirus to check it.. but it seems like they abandoned this project (I wonder why..) 

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler

Timeline

Thank you for the support!

To give the readers an update of why there was no update pushed on Thursday/Friday as planned is that my development machine, my ThinkPad T560 is awaiting a repair. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to continue development at full speed.

Below a list of my priorities for this app:
1. Listed as free in the store: Requires a new package to be generated, certified and published. (instantly)

2. Customize background update interval 30 min - 1 h - 2 h - 3 h - 6 h - 12 h (1-3 days of development)

3. Added donate button in non-obtrusive way (1-2 days of development)

4. Live tiles: Pin to your start screen. (3-7 days of development including testing)

5. Search other cases. (Centered X cases, X/2 earlier & X/2 later; rather than incrementing from a certain case number).

6. Logging of used case numbers in the app: This is considered solely for development purposes. You will be able to disable this in settings. Using case numbers, I can optimize the app for everyone. Right now I have to use my own case number and hope it works well for everyone.

Timeline

Update being pushed today. As promised:
1. Listed as free in the store: Requires a new package to be generated, certified and published.

2. Customize background update interval.

Changes may take 1-3 days to take effect in the store.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.