AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
41 minutes ago, mahasib said:

The USCIS website just updated today and it saying I-130 is processing on October 4th, 2016 at TSC :o ...what is this about? super confused !! 

The info on that website is just ludicrous!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Mini said:

I know! I dont understand too 😩

Its simple.... USCIS doesnt give a about the accuracy of information they are providing you ... it took them 2-3 to correct the may 31st date which was a simple typo ... funny thing is they took service requests from people who called LOL !!!

that simple page is providing information to tens of thousands of people and USCIS managed to fuckk it up ... if such a mistake was made by a private corporation it would been probably corrected in few hours and that person who made the mistake would been fired

even though we see approvals from January 2017 on VJ,  USCIS is saying they are processing applications up to October 2016 is because they might have handful of applications from oct 2016 still unprocessed or in background checks or who knows. Last thing USCIS wants is bunch of people sending service requests adding to their work loads

bottom line is, USCIS is probably the worst American government organization you will deal with. everything is paperbased and takes MONTHS to process a simple application. Its a joke

Stay strong .. hope everyone gets their approval soon ...

/rant

4 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

Its simple.... USCIS doesnt give a about the accuracy of information they are providing you ... it took them 2-3 to correct the may 31st date which was a simple typo ... funny thing is they took service requests from people who called LOL !!!

that simple page is providing information to tens of thousands of people and USCIS managed to fuckk it up ... if such a mistake was made by a private corporation it would been probably corrected in few hours and that person who made the mistake would been fired

even though we see approvals from January 2017 on VJ,  USCIS is saying they are processing applications up to October 2016 is because they might have handful of applications from oct 2016 still unprocessed or in background checks or who knows. Last thing USCIS wants is bunch of people sending service requests adding to their work loads

bottom line is, USCIS is probably the worst American government organization you will deal with. everything is paperbased and takes MONTHS to process a simple application. Its a joke

Stay strong .. hope everyone gets their approval soon ...

/rant

*drops mic" now come the heck on with these approvals USCIS! 🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dan Jr said:

Sweeet! I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy. My case is at the Texas Service Center, with PD Feb 10. Hopefully, I'll hear something soon too. 

Btw, what bona fide marriage evidence did you guys submit? I'm in a same-sex relationship and don't have much evidence. We only sent a copy of marriage certificate, vacation itineraries (flights, hotel reservations), and some pictures. Do you think this will be enough? Thanks (: 

Our PD was 01/31 and we were approved 6 days ago, notified yesterday. So I'd say you're pretty close!

We sent :

- our wedding certificate and photos of the ceremony ;

- a pretty significant series of photos of the various places we have been together to, airlines tickets and various bookings ;

- 5 affidavits letters from our respective families + friends ;

- ichat logs and a pretty large sample of back and forth texting ;

- our Facebook history after we changed our status to "married" (FB pulls out a really nice biography and relationship timeline) ;

- the purchase receipts of our wedding rings and wedding apparels ;

- a couple congratulation cards...

So, it was pretty front loaded you could say.

Being a same sex couple has no influence whatsoever!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Our PD was 01/31 and we were approved 6 days ago, notified yesterday. So I'd say you're pretty close!

We sent :

- our wedding certificate and photos of the ceremony ;

- a pretty significant series of photos of the various places we have been together to, airlines tickets and various bookings ;

- 5 affidavits letters from our respective families + friends ;

- ichat logs and a pretty large sample of back and forth texting ;

- our Facebook history after we changed our status to "married" (FB pulls out a really nice biography and relationship timeline) ;

- the purchase receipts of our wedding rings and wedding apparels ;

- a couple congratulation cards...

So, it was pretty front loaded you could say.

Being a same sex couple has no influence whatsoever!

Thanks for sharing this info! I really appreciate ;) 

Timeline

Update!!

Hello everyone, i just received an email from National VIsa center, i have been assigned NVC Case number and invoice ID number. 

the next step is to select an agent.

my question is Does it make a difference if i select my self as an agent?

also on the nvc website when selecting agent,  what should i pick from the drop down menu?

Petitioner or Applicant?

thanks

20 minutes ago, Zain said:

Update!!

Hello everyone, i just received an email from National VIsa center, i have been assigned NVC Case number and invoice ID number. 

the next step is to select an agent.

my question is Does it make a difference if i select my self as an agent?

also on the nvc website when selecting agent,  what should i pick from the drop down menu?

Petitioner or Applicant?

thanks

Well, are you the petitioner (US citizen / resident) or are you the applicant (person recieving visa)? 

As far as I know you can set yourself as the agent. I set mine as my spouse who is my petitioner. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Well, are you the petitioner (US citizen / resident) or are you the applicant (person recieving visa)? 

As far as I know you can set yourself as the agent. I set mine as my spouse who is my petitioner. 

i am the petitioner, i was alittle confused in both words.

thanks

1 hour ago, Zain said:

i am the petitioner, i was alittle confused in both words.

thanks

If you are the petitioner, set yourself as the agent. That way, you both will receive all communication. 

Edited by AnIJrny

12 hours ago, Diana&Ricardo said:

Our PD is January 27th and still nothing :( This waiting is driving me crazy.

By the way, our case is in Nebraska.

We have the exact same noa1 date at Nebraska. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!!!

Filed our Petition in January. Went through a couple snags:

• Filed mid-Jan
  • Wife didn't attach the G-325a - got notice in March that this was missing, along with affidavits
  • Sent end of March
  • Received notice in mid-May that they were missing a post-code on one of the addresses in the form
  • Mid-July: received notice that they've finally received the completed petition in all its parts - now waiting on approval process

Losing my mind. Thought we'd be dealing with the NVC by now. Looking at other people's timelines, we should've been at that stage ages ago.

33 minutes ago, tenure said:

Filed our Petition in January. Went through a couple snags:

• Filed mid-Jan
  • Wife didn't attach the G-325a - got notice in March that this was missing, along with affidavits
  • Sent end of March
  • Received notice in mid-May that they were missing a post-code on one of the addresses in the form
  • Mid-July: received notice that they've finally received the completed petition in all its parts - now waiting on approval process

Losing my mind. Thought we'd be dealing with the NVC by now. Looking at other people's timelines, we should've been at that stage ages ago. 

Can you please create a factual timeline, might be very helpful for others. unfortunately forgetting to submit information ultimately leads to setbacks. that's why it's recommended to absolutely read the guidelines on the USCIS website and pick a day to complete and use a checklist, on that day don't do anything else that's time consuming. Same goes for the NVC stage, at all times avoid an RFE out of inefficiency. Good luck

25 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

Can you please create a factual timeline, might be very helpful for others. unfortunately forgetting to submit information ultimately leads to setbacks. that's why it's recommended to absolutely read the guidelines on the USCIS website and pick a day to complete and use a checklist, on that day don't do anything else that's time consuming. Same goes for the NVC stage, at all times avoid an RFE out of inefficiency. Good luck

I don't have the exact dates but:

Mid-Jan: Filed I-130

Early March: Received notice that G-325a and Affidavit of support missing

End of March: Submitted those

Early June: Received notice that they needed more specific info for some of the addresses

Mid-July: Received I-797C informing us that petition is "received" and "in process" over at the Texas centre (Priority and Receipt date both listed as June 23rd)

Yeah I know, really should've been more careful in submitting original petition. I kinda just trusted it to my wife to take care of, to just tell me to fill in whatever I need to fill in and file whatever cheques, and somehow she missed that G-325a is submitted along with the I-130. :/

4 minutes ago, tenure said:

I don't have the exact dates but:

Mid-Jan: Filed I-130

Early March: Received notice that G-325a and Affidavit of support missing

End of March: Submitted those

Early June: Received notice that they needed more specific info for some of the addresses

Mid-July: Received I-797C informing us that petition is "received" and "in process" over at the Texas centre (Priority and Receipt date both listed as June 23rd)

Yeah I know, really should've been more careful in submitting original petition. I kinda just trusted it to my wife to take care of, to just tell me to fill in whatever I need to fill in and file whatever cheques, and somehow she missed that G-325a is submitted along with the I-130. :/

in the end it sucks having to wait this long for USCIS to inform you about anything, hopefully they get to approve your petition soon.

I found a nice checklist for the NVC stage on a lawyers website , see attached just one more tool to have.

NVC-Checklist.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.