956 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 6:57 AM, Nyr said:

can anyone please help me with this thing

Paying the fees will not guarantee visa.  But, if you don't pay the fees Counselor Office may or may not consider the application.

2 of the nieces aged out and got the visa after paying the fees at the US embassy in Islamabad.  However, third niece didn't get the visa.  CSPA is automatically calculated by NVC and final decision is made by the Embassy issuing the visa.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Mutahir said:

Paying the fees will not guarantee visa.  But, if you don't pay the fees Counselor Office may or may not consider the application.

2 of the nieces aged out and got the visa after paying the fees at the US embassy in Islamabad.  However, third niece didn't get the visa.  CSPA is automatically calculated by NVC and final decision is made by the Embassy issuing the visa.

I hope this helps.

At first thankyou for responding. I know visa is not guaranteed but I had thought whether we both will be eligible to attend interview or not. It's good to hear that CSPA is automatically calculated and thankyou for making it clear :)

23 hours ago, Nyr said:

At first thankyou for responding. I know visa is not guaranteed but I had thought whether we both will be eligible to attend interview or not. It's good to hear that CSPA is automatically calculated and thankyou for making it clear :)

When you get an interview letter, please make sure to bring along CSPA eligible candidates, even if those candidates haven't filled out applications and/or paid fees.  At the embassy entrance, they will be allowed to filled out applications and pay fees if Embassy Staff determines the eligibility.  There are several cases mentioned in this forum with similar CSPA experiences including my neices/nephews.

Good Luck!

57 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

When you get an interview letter, please make sure to bring along CSPA eligible candidates, even if those candidates haven't filled out applications and/or paid fees.  At the embassy entrance, they will be allowed to filled out applications and pay fees if Embassy Staff determines the eligibility.  There are several cases mentioned in this forum with similar CSPA experiences including my neices/nephews.

Good Luck!

We have paid $325 for each of us and will fill DS260 as well. Thank you for responding :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My sister recently went through F4 visa interview. Her case was put on AP. CO asked for family pictures. She only had one at the time of interview. She is asked to courier more pictures. The case is showing under AP. So anyone going to F4 interview, bring family pictures with you. I thought it was asked more commonly during IR/CR1 or K1 cases.

I have a question though. My niece will be turning 21 in couple of months. What happens if she turns 21 and the visa is approved after that? I know she will qualify under CSPA since it took four years before F4 case was approved. But for CSPA calculation, do they have to schedule another interview or it's automatically calculated?

40 minutes ago, Luvs2Travel said:

My sister recently went through F4 visa interview. Her case was put on AP. CO asked for family pictures. She only had one at the time of interview. She is asked to courier more pictures. The case is showing under AP. So anyone going to F4 interview, bring family pictures with you. I thought it was asked more commonly during IR/CR1 or K1 cases.

I have a question though. My niece will be turning 21 in couple of months. What happens if she turns 21 and the visa is approved after that? I know she will qualify under CSPA since it took four years before F4 case was approved. But for CSPA calculation, do they have to schedule another interview or it's automatically calculated?

Assuming that your niece was interviewed along with your sister, there is no need to worry about it.  Her age is locked when the your sister's case became current/interviewed.

CSPA is automatically calculated first by NVC and then by the Embassy.  Final judgement is made by CO though.  Only my sister received interview letter from the Islamabad Embassy but we advised her to take all her kids (over 21 years of age) and get the CSPA calculations done at the Embassy.  3 of her kids were able to get visa while the oldest didn't get it as she didn't qualify for CSPA. 

Good Luck!

My younger sister is under CSPA since April 4th 2017.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mutahir said:

My younger sister is under CSPA since April 4th 2017.

Did you mean, your younger sister is under AP since April 4th 2017? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank God. My sister's Visa was issued after about a month in AP. Visa category - F4.

No questionnaire, no AP check on 221-g. CO gave 221g for additional documents and  asked for family pics and kids academic records. Case was in AP since interview 01/31. Case was updated on 02/07, 2/13, 02/20, 02/25. It went to ready for a few hours and went back to AP on 2/25. And on 02/26 the status is issued.

Thank you so much for all VJ members especially @paki-guy @PK-FB-4 and @Munazza.

I don't wish AP on even my worst enemy. It's very stressful. The only way to get over it is to just put this wait as back burner and live your daily routine. Easier said than done but it's possible. Keep on following up but don't obsesses yourself. One day this will be over and real journey will start for your loved ones. Wishing all the best to everyone!

Edited by Luvs2Travel

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luvs2Travel said:

Thank God. My sister's Visa was issued after about a month in AP. Visa category - F4.

No questionnaire, no AP check on 221-g. CO gave 221g for additional documents and  asked for family pics and kids academic records. Case was in AP since interview 01/31. Case was updated on 02/07, 2/13, 02/20, 02/25. It went to ready for a few hours and went back to AP on 2/25. And on 02/26 the status is issued.

Thank you so much for all VJ members especially @paki-guy @PK-FB-4 and @Munazza.

I don't wish AP on even my worst enemy. It's very stressful. The only way to get over it is to just put this wait as back burner and live your daily routine. Easier said than done but it's possible. Keep on following up but don't obsesses yourself. One day this will be over and real journey will start for your loved ones. Wishing all the best to everyone!

Congratulation!! So happy for you,  :) I wish we all get the visa soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.