956 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, owaiskhan03322 said:

congratulations brother.

Can you tell me after how many months did you received the interview call after receiving the approval that all your documents are approved and you need to wait for the interview 

Thank you!

7 weeks after our priority date became current on NVC visa bulletin in final action category.

Edited by PK-FB-4

On 5/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, pink_niru said:

So basic path for file is File gets submitted at USICS -> File Approved by USICS -> After approval , file sent to NVC for processing -> PD becomes current in second chart in VB -> NVC Sends Welcome letter to start processing -> Petitioner / Applicant submits docs/ fill forms including Affidavit of support -> Case gets completed at NVC -> PD Becomes current in first chart -> Interview -> VISA

So currently you should have received confirmation/notice from USICS that your file is submitted. On it you will find the receipt number (The receipt number consists of three letters-for example, EAC, WAC, LIN, SRC, NBC, MSC or IOE-and 10 numbers. You can find it on notices of action USCIS has sent you) . You can check the status online / call the USICS to check whether it's approved or not. Normally after approval USICS sent the Approval notice too. 

Hi there-

sorry for still being very unclear about this topic.

My relatives have a PD of 11/27/2006 and a receipt number with WAC in the beginning as well. We paid the fees for $190.00 back then. The NVC#is HCM.....(Country of Vietnam).

My mom lost the welcome letter probably since we don't have records of it now, do you think I can retrieve that letter? I'm not sure if my Mom filled out the affidavit of support at all back then! I tried asking the NVC but didn't get a response from them via email.

I looked on the visa bulletin and for May 2019 the PD is October 2006.

For June 2019 the PD is December 2006.

I don't see anything for November and thus far we haven't received any letters from the NVC yet!

I emailed them, and this is their response:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to predict when this petition will be eligible for further processing. The petition is currently not eligible for further processing due to numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law.

The petition will be retained at the NVC until an immigrant visa becomes available. The petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record will be notified when this petition is eligible for further processing.  The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time.  For additional information, please review the explanation of numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance below."

Thanks

Michelle

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, mmichele said:

Hi there-

My relatives have a PD of 11/27/2006 and a receipt number with WAC in the beginning as well. We paid the fees for $190.00 back then. The NVC#is HCM.....(Country of Vietnam).

My mom lost the welcome letter probably since we don't have records of it now, do you think I can retrieve that letter? I'm not sure if my Mom filled out the affidavit of support at all back then! I tried asking the NVC but didn't get a response from them via email.

I don't see anything for November and thus far we haven't received any letters from the NVC yet!

"Unfortunately, we are unable to predict when this petition will be eligible for further processing. The petition is currently not eligible for further processing due to numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law.

The petition will be retained at the NVC until an immigrant visa becomes available. The petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record will be notified when this petition is eligible for further processing.  The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time.  For additional information, please review the explanation of numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance below."

Thanks

Michelle

You'll get the NVC invoice number soon, just need to wait until June. Might be a good idea if you just call NVC in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by vince88

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

To michele,

don't worry it's just a matter of time .my pd is aug 2006 I had a case number started with WAC......

But when my pd became current i received a new one start with  us consulate in my country. Just wait for your pd to be current and do not forget to update your email at (ask nvc)

good luck

Edited by guess2014

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, mmichele said:

Hi there-

Thanks

Michelle

You will receive Welcome letter from NVC after they start processing your file.

Is your date already crossed in Vb ? If yes which char 1st or 2nd ?

For welcome letter , it takes some time sometimes upto 2 months for NVC to send welcome letter. But I will suggest to call NvC and make sure your email id is updated in their system else physical leyter takes 6 months to reach home.

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

17 hours ago, pink_niru said:

You will receive Welcome letter from NVC after they start processing your file.

Is your date already crossed in Vb ? If yes which char 1st or 2nd ?

For welcome letter , it takes some time sometimes upto 2 months for NVC to send welcome letter. But I will suggest to call NvC and make sure your email id is updated in their system else physical leyter takes 6 months to reach home.

Hi Pink_niru

My date hasn't been called out on the Visa Bulletin (VB) yet. It's showing up as May on the bulletin board.

image.thumb.png.4ff32444d9c73ddbc19202a1e42e6dc1.png

I guess only thing to do now is for them to get to November 2006 files and then be contacted correct?

In the meantime, should i start on my Affidavit of Support (864 and 864A)?

So there's 4 files/families that my Mom's sponsoring, that means she has to fill out 4 i-864 forms for those 4 families, right? Same for my brother who's the joint sponsor.

Thank you so very much for the questions! I'm studying the forms as well and how to completely filled it out. If you have any sites to help fill the forms, please let me know.

Quynh

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mmichele said:

Hi Pink_niru

My date hasn't been called out on the Visa Bulletin (VB) yet. It's showing up as May on the bulletin board.

image.thumb.png.4ff32444d9c73ddbc19202a1e42e6dc1.png

I guess only thing to do now is for them to get to November 2006 files and then be contacted correct?

In the meantime, should i start on my Affidavit of Support (864 and 864A)?

So there's 4 files/families that my Mom's sponsoring, that means she has to fill out 4 i-864 forms for those 4 families, right? Same for my brother who's the joint sponsor.

Thank you so very much for the questions! I'm studying the forms as well and how to completely filled it out. If you have any sites to help fill the forms, please let me know.

Quynh

I guess your date is Nov 2006 ? If its not crossed , I am not sure why you are waiting for Welcome letter. ...... You need to wait , it's still long way to go..

On 5/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, Eliem said:

Hello and congrats for the wl my pd is 17 aug 2006  f4 rest of the world and i havnt receive any letter it depends on the country ur are from ? Or the center you choose when your petitioner applied ? do u have any info about that and thanks in advance 

hi there

Have you received any news re: your PD of August 2006? Mine is November 2006. While you're waiting, have you or will you be submitting any Affidavit of Support documents? Or should that be waited until they reach out to you?

Thanks

Michelle

On 5/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, Olive Garden said:

My PD is oct 2006 I called USIC they said ur case is  outside of normal processing time so we will mail u.... what does it mean??

Hi there

Have you received any news re: your case yet? My PD is November 2006 just wanted to see if you've received any news from the NVC or USIC at all.

Also have you filled out any affidavit of support forms?

Thanks

Michelle

2 hours ago, mmichele said:

hi there

Have you received any news re: your PD of August 2006? Mine is November 2006. While you're waiting, have you or will you be submitting any Affidavit of Support documents? Or should that be waited until they reach out to you?

Thanks

Michelle

No dear not yet, first I will receive welcome letter and invoice number... once I will make a payment they will open an online portal for documents submission including affidavit of support 

Edited by Olive Garden

29 minutes ago, Olive Garden said:

No dear not yet, first I will receive welcome letter and invoice number... once I will make a payment they will open an online portal for documents submission including affidavit of support 

So you have not received the welcome letter as well? Since they're processing cases for October 2006 now (June will be for December 2006) per the bulletin board! I'm preparing my affidavit of support at the moment but not sure if that should wait, now that i'm hearing from you perhaps i should wait to submit it as well!

6 hours ago, mmichele said:

So you have not received the welcome letter as well? Since they're processing cases for October 2006 now (June will be for December 2006) per the bulletin board! I'm preparing my affidavit of support at the moment but not sure if that should wait, now that i'm hearing from you perhaps i should wait to submit it as well!

I called them they said in May ppl whose pd is before 1oct only they will get a welcome letter..I will receive it next month 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:09 PM, guess2014 said:

To michele,

don't worry it's just a matter of time .my pd is aug 2006 I had a case number started with WAC......

But when my pd became current i received a new one start with  us consulate in my country. Just wait for your pd to be current and do not forget to update your email at (ask nvc)

good luck

Hi

Your PD is August 2006, are you using the visa bulletin board FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES to check the processing PD for your file? OR are you using the 2nd chart, DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS?

image.thumb.png.1d5c9f91c361140e627f63ba426c387a.png

In addition, have you received anything from the NVC yet?

Thank you

Michelle

Timeline
On 6/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, mmichele said:

Hi

Your PD is August 2006, are you using the visa bulletin board FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES to check the processing PD for your file? OR are you using the 2nd chart, DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS?

image.thumb.png.1d5c9f91c361140e627f63ba426c387a.png

In addition, have you received anything from the NVC yet?

Thank you

Michelle

Your process is yet not started. The second chart does not move every month. Sometimes it takes 4-6 months to move. So you need to wait. Do NOT need to prepare for any papers yet. Once they send the welcome letter than you need to fill form and start working on papers. 

Make sure your passports are ready and not getting expired in near time...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.