jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this is a January 2017 filer, i supposed to send my mom's i-130 last week of january but i was too busy to do it. I have most possible requirements that needs to be pass. I wonder if anybody can help me with the cover letter of my mom's i-130? Any example? I would really appreciate it. I am as well confuse about the G-325A? And any pictures that needs to be send? I look forward to hear any replies soon :)

585nbjc5r.png

On 2/4/2017 at 11:39 AM, nate and riyn said:

I know this is a January 2017 filer, i supposed to send my mom's i-130 last week of january but i was too busy to do it. I have most possible requirements that needs to be pass. I wonder if anybody can help me with the cover letter of my mom's i-130? Any example? I would really appreciate it. I am as well confuse about the G-325A? And any pictures that needs to be send? I look forward to hear any replies soon :)

Hi Nate and Riyn,

You don't need to include to G-325A. That's for spousal petition. 

I will send you a  copy of the cover letter I sent with my mother's petition after work. (though I am yet approved).

I saved the file on my computer at home. 

I included 2 pictures of me and my mother. Some advised, that a copy of remittance would help as well .

Edited by amerisian

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Timeline
4 hours ago, amerisian said:

Hi Nate and Riyn,

You don't need to include to G-325A. That's for spousal petition. 

I will send you a  copy of the cover letter I sent with my mother's petition after work. (though I am yet approved).

I saved the file on my computer at home. 

I included 2 pictures of me and my mother. Some advised, that a copy of remittance would help as well .

Thank u! Would really appreciate it :)

585nbjc5r.png

On 2/4/2017 at 2:39 PM, nate and riyn said:

Hi Nate and Riyn!

I didn't include a cover letter or photos for my mom's petition. What I sent was the $535 check, G-325, I-130, photocopies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and naturalization certificate. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Hi Nate and Riyn!

I didn't include a cover letter or photos for my mom's petition. What I sent was the $535 check, G-325, I-130, photocopies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and naturalization certificate. 

I learned that G-325 is only for spouce. But i did sent G325 when i petition my son, i didnt have any problem with it :) When did you sent it? Mine will arrive at the chicago lockbox today by 3pm :) 

585nbjc5r.png

22 minutes ago, nate and riyn said:

I learned that G-325 is only for spouce. But i did sent G325 when i petition my son, i didnt have any problem with it :) When did you sent it? Mine will arrive at the chicago lockbox today by 3pm :) 

My bad. It was G-1145 I included for my mom's petition. My priority date is January 9th and the petition was forwarded to the Potomac Service Center.

Edited by jennnnnnnnnna

The bill, "Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment Act" (RAISE Act), would limit the number of family-based visas so that only spouses and unmarried minor children of citizens and permanent residents can get green cards. Currently the law also allows for parents of citizens, as well as siblings, both married and unmarried children over 21, along with their spouses and minor children.

One exception would be allowed. Elderly parents in need of caretaking would be able to get renewable temporary visas, but the parents would not be allowed to work, receive public benefits, and they would have to show guaranteed support of health insurance by the sponsoring children.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/cotton-perdue-immigration-bill/index.html

1 minute ago, sassymama said:

what do you guys think of the new proposal of cutbacks on legal immigration? would it affect the petitions already submitted? :o

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/cotton-perdue-immigration-bill/

I don't think submitted applications will be affected by this. There are thousands of people who already paid for these petitions and I don't think they will just put all those to the trash. 

Timeline

Sent my mom's i130 last feb 4, got my noa1 online yesterday feb 9 and my priority date base on my receipt is feb 7 :) they havent cash the check yet.. mine was rerouted to Potomac service center. I hope this goes fast since this center have only few list of visa reviewing :) 

585nbjc5r.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone! I filled I-130 & I-485 for my mom on January 12. Going for biometrics on February 17th. Anyone knows what's the next step after biometrics?

AOS from B1/B2:

January 12 - I-130 & I-485 Delivered

January 24 - Both checks cashed

January 26 - Both NoAs received

February 9 - Biometrics letter received

February 17 - Biometrics appointment

January 18 - Green Card Ordered (No Interview)

January 22 - Green Card Mailed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What is the document list for applying for Mother and Father?

I130 file separately. 

my narturalization cert or US passport copy

My birth certificate showing my father and mother's name

Parent's marriage certificate

what other documents are needed?

Sent AOS package to Chicago locker box 12/28/2012 (Day 0)
AOS package received by USCIS 12/30/2012 (Day 2)
I-130 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Both check cashed 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Got 4 NOAs mail on Saturday 01/12/2013 (Day 15)
Got Bio Appointment for 02-08-2012 on Saturday for Pico/Fairfax Los Angeles USCIS Office 01/18/2013 (Day 21)
Early Walk-In Biometrics appointment done on Fairfax/Pico Los Angeles ASC Office 01/22/2013 (Day 25)
Changed status for Interview Date notice on 02/13/2013 -- Interview Date 03/19/2013 (Day 47)
Interview Notice Received on 02/15/2013 for 03/19/2013 Office - 300 N Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Day 49)
I-765 and I-131 Status changed online to Approval and Card/Document Production respectively 03/01/2013 (Day 63)
EAD Card Received (Still no I-131 approval yet) 03/08/2013 (Day 70)
Approved on the spot 03/19/2013 (Day 81)
Received Green card in mail 03/27/2013 (Day 89)

Sent I-751 Packet to California (To remove condition on Green Card) 12/23/2014 (Day 636)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

I called NV to confirm my interview date and they says currently we do not have visa no available for this category for Pakistan. we will call you when there is any availability for F1 category. Please tell me if there is anybody from pakistan having same catefory.

Regards

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.