jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

I encountered the same error, so I decided to just hand write all my answers, but I tried downloading and answering the form on the computer the next day and it worked. 

The Naturalization certificate copy is enough :) 

great thank you, i tihink if you type in directly doesn't have the restrictions vs saving to desktop! will mail it out today..

3 minutes ago, sassymama said:

great thank you, i tihink if you type in directly doesn't have the restrictions vs saving to desktop! will mail it out today..

Don't left any blank. Put N/A or None if not applicable to you. I have a friend during her Cr1 application, she left some blank and I forgot if she got RFe or it was returned to her.

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

4 minutes ago, amerisian said:

Don't left any blank. Put N/A or None if not applicable to you. I have a friend during her Cr1 application, she left some blank and I forgot if she got RFe or it was returned to her.

thanks for reminder. i have both hand written "N/A" and printed..no question has blanks now EXCEPT the last section, if someone filled it out for you..is that okay? or N/a to be sure..haha 

i had some stuff handwritten because i had to fill out the name and address in chinese.

Edited by sassymama

3 minutes ago, sassymama said:

thanks for reminder. i have both hand written "N/A" and printed..no question has blanks now EXCEPT the last section, if someone filled it out for you..is that okay? or N/a to be sure..haha 

i had some stuff handwritten because i had to fill out the name and address in chinese.

That's good. Let us all pray that we will get all approved the earliest.... visajourney site is banned on my work computer... ?

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

good luck everyone hope you get to see all your loved ones soon. My mom tried to apply for tourist visa to visit me but she got denied :( so this is the only option now...

so while we wait..does anyone know what page to go to to see the step by step process for green card process? i have seen one site with lots of details, can't remember if it was this one or another...thanks

On 1/12/2017 at 5:53 PM, sassymama said:

good luck everyone hope you get to see all your loved ones soon. My mom tried to apply for tourist visa to visit me but she got denied :( so this is the only option now...

so while we wait..does anyone know what page to go to to see the step by step process for green card process? i have seen one site with lots of details, can't remember if it was this one or another...thanks

try this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-immediate-relative-us-citizen#outside

On 1/12/2017 at 0:19 PM, sassymama said:

Great, thanks..my only concerns on the form is when i downloaded the newest form on their website,(i used adobe Dc to edit) it wouldn't let me enter N/A on some of the fields so not all the fields are filled out..and i noticed on the old samples, they left them in blank..for example, my mom was never married so under date and place of marriage i can't put N/A as its a date field. so i left them in blank. also, some parts i left them blank..such as '"if your filing for your spouse"..or "if i am applying for adjustment of status.

Also, since i am a citizen do you think the certificate of naturalization is enough? or do i also need passport? thanks !!

Hi All,

Hope you had a great weekend. Does anyone recieved  an update from USCIS? I just received a notice that my case was accepted and routed to Texas service center for processing. Hopefully, we have all a smooth journey in bringing our parent/s here.

God bless everyone.

4 hours ago, amerisian said:

Hi All,

Hope you had a great weekend. Does anyone recieved  an update from USCIS? I just received a notice that my case was accepted and routed to Texas service center for processing. Hopefully, we have all a smooth journey in bringing our parent/s here.

God bless everyone.

Wow! That's good news! When did you send yours again? Hope I hear from them this week too! 

43 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Wow! That's good news! When did you send yours again? Hope I hear from them this week too! 

Hi Sis,

Mailed it on January 6 and they received it on Jan.9.

8 hours ago, amerisian said:

Hi Sis,

Mailed it on January 6 and they received it on Jan.9.

Awesome! Mine got sent and received on the same date as yours, hopefully I hear from them today, if not, tomorrow! fingers crossed!

On 1/16/2017 at 10:42 AM, jennnnnnnnnna said:

so i submitted last Friday the next thing is the notice of receipt? and after that approval? someone here got approved in one week. thats quite fast!

2 minutes ago, sassymama said:

so i submitted last Friday the next thing is the notice of receipt? and after that approval? someone here got approved in one week. thats quite fast!

I guess amerisian was referring to the NOA1 or the Receipt notice

6 minutes ago, sassymama said:

thats real fast! basically approved in one week! 

Hi Sassymama,

I am not approved yet.. I wished :) I just received the NOA1 stating that my case was accepted. It is now routed to Texas Service Center, that's where the approval has to be made.

And if approved, they will send the NOA2 (Approval notice, hopefully and praying that there is no RFE), they will forward the case to NVC. NVC will issue the case number. Then, other steps to follow.

Edited by amerisian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.