Katherine93

I-130 case status went back to Initial Review one month after approval and receiving green card?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

I just received an email update from the USCIS online case status stating:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On Jan 4th, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

This is a bit odd as my case has already been approved a month ago (both I-130 and I-485). I also have received my green card. What could this be for? I wonder if this could be for an approval notice? I thought I had already received the approval notice a month ago, but maybe that was for I-485 only? I'm currently traveling overseas therefore I am not able to check. Has anyone encountered this? I'm not sure what that notice was for....

08/13/2013 Came to the US on F1 visa

09/26/2013 Met my husband

11/03/2013 Started dating

03/11/2015 Got married at the court house

10/23/2015 Medical exam done

11/04/2015 AOS package mailed out by USPS priority (I130 & I145 concurrent filing)

11/06/2015 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox

11/13/2015 Both checks cashed by USCIS

11/15/2015 Received text msg notification of receipts of I765, I131, I130 and I485

11/19/2015 Received NOA in mail

11/20/2015 Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

12/04/2015 Biometrics appointment completed

12/09/2015 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

01/25/2016 Submitted online service request for EAD

01/27/2016 I765 case status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

01/28/2016 EAD officially approved and card has been mailed

02/03/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in the mail. YAY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/27/2016 EAD/AP renewal application mailed USPS priority

10/29/2016 EAD/AP renewal package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Saturday)

11/02/2016 Online case status updated to interview scheduled for December 8th

11/12/2016 New medical exam done due to one year validity

12/08/2016 AOS interview and case was APPROVED, new card is being produced

12/12/2016 Received Approval/welcome notice in the mail

12/16/2016 Received conditional green card in the mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01/31/2017 Filed for divorce (long story)

07/26/2017 Final divorce decree granted 

08/21/2017 i-751 with divorce waiver package mailed USPS priority 

08/28/2017 NOA/Extension letter received in mail 

11/01/2018 New card is being produced

11/02/2018 Case approved 

11/06/2018 Card has been mailed to me

11/08/2018 Received 10 year green card in mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/21/2022 Applied for N-400 Naturalization online. Bio-reuse. 

8/16/2022 Interview scheduled for 9/19

9/19/2022 Interview. Recommended for Approval 

10/12/2022 Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Its scary but at the same time could be one of USCIS numerous glitiches. I would suggest calling the USCIS numbers. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 1/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, Katherine93 said:

Hi guys,

I just received an email update from the USCIS online case status stating:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On Jan 4th, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

This is a bit odd as my case has already been approved a month ago (both I-130 and I-485). I also have received my green card. What could this be for? I wonder if this could be for an approval notice? I thought I had already received the approval notice a month ago, but maybe that was for I-485 only? I'm currently traveling overseas therefore I am not able to check. Has anyone encountered this? I'm not sure what that notice was for....

What was the outcome. I receive the same thing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.