kampy12

K1 Visa Evidence Question!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello! I'm in the process of putting together my I-129F fiance visa packet and have some questions about the evidence I need to provide for proof of having met in person and proof of ongoing relationship.  We have lots of pictures together; I dated and gave a description of each.  I have email confirmations of airline tickets I've bought and I plan to use those as well.  My fiance and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years and have visited each other about 15 times total, so we have plenty of evidence.

My questions are:

1.)  How much evidence should I provide?  How many pictures?  How many airline tickets?  Should I include the airline tickets of my fiance coming to visit me or just my airline tickets going to see her?  Should I include all of the airline tickets or is it too much?

2.)  As for proof of ongoing relationship, what type of conversations should I screenshot and print out?  Obviously nothing inappropriate, but are conversations of us just talking about our day proof or does there need to be more substance?  How many conversations should I include?  Should I include conversations from years ago or are recent ones good enough?  Is it better to include multiple platforms used for conversation like Viber, Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, etc. or does it not matter?

3.)  Are photos together, airline tickets, and conversation screenshots enough total evidence or is there something else I should include?

Sorry this is so long, I just want to be thorough to make sure everything is done correctly!  My fiance is my world and I don't want to mess this up!

Thank you so much if you take the time to reply!  It means a lot!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, kampy12 said:

Hello! I'm in the process of putting together my I-129F fiance visa packet and have some questions about the evidence I need to provide for proof of having met in person and proof of ongoing relationship.  We have lots of pictures together; I dated and gave a description of each.  I have email confirmations of airline tickets I've bought and I plan to use those as well.  My fiance and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years and have visited each other about 15 times total, so we have plenty of evidence.

My questions are:

1.)  How much evidence should I provide?  How many pictures?  How many airline tickets?  Should I include the airline tickets of my fiance coming to visit me or just my airline tickets going to see her?  Should I include all of the airline tickets or is it too much? Ticket stubs from the most recent trip and passport stamps(copies of the passport pages) is sufficient. You can supply more if you want but only need to show one trip within last two years to meet the requirement.

2.)  As for proof of ongoing relationship, what type of conversations should I screenshot and print out?  Obviously nothing inappropriate, but are conversations of us just talking about our day proof or does there need to be more substance?  How many conversations should I include?  Should I include conversations from years ago or are recent ones good enough?  Is it better to include multiple platforms used for conversation like Viber, Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, etc. or does it not matter? We used a screen shot of our Imessages, 1-2 for each month covering about 10 months, and a couple of the original emails we sent when we first started talking. Just to show a timeline. I also supplied a couple western union receipts for having sent him a couple small amounts of money(this sometimes is discouraged depending on the country of the beneficiary but for England it would be perfectly acceptable).

3.)  Are photos together, airline tickets, and conversation screenshots enough total evidence or is there something else I should include? 5-6 photos, airline tickets, again copies of the passport pages showing entry and exit stamps of the country visited, maybe some credit card statements/hotel bills from the stay there also could be added.

Sorry this is so long, I just want to be thorough to make sure everything is done correctly!  My fiance is my world and I don't want to mess this up!

Thank you so much if you take the time to reply!  It means a lot! 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

For the I129F you only need to prove that you've physically met in person in the past 2 years. Boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts, and photos are all useful here.

Since you are British (low fraud country) you don't really need to "front load" your petition with too much in the way of proof that you have a genuine ongoing relationship, unless there is something unusual about your relationship (eg large age gap).

At the interview its useful to have some proof of ongoing relationship but its rare for them to ask for it (I was never asked).

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.