dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Scan date Nov 14 th... Sup review Dec 27th... I had called in the morning today and spoke to a supervisor. ( finally was able to get a hold of one and begged him & he said he will give me a call either today or tomorrow). Prior to this I had been calling NVC and wanted to speak to a supervisor but every single time there was none available so i kept on telling them to give me a call back for numerous days. maybe 4 days in a row). This evening supervisor had actually called me. Can you believe that ? they actually called. It was a different supervisor. I explained my situation and started question what was the reason for delay since people that are behind me already got their cases approved and she kept apologizing. 

Later, I told the lady that I have not seen my wife in over 8 months and in 5 months I was thinking about joining the United States air force but after all this I was beginning to change my mind. So I asked her a question and i said "I am a US citizen going through this and how am i suppose to feel as a US citizen ? 

Since I saw the N/A and i was typing this up i was on hold with NVC and had gotten another call coming in with 603 number and I thought who can it be so i picked up the phone and it was the supervisor that i spoke to this evening. She was calling me to let me know that my case was approved and is in line for the interview. WOW how nice can she be ??? What made her move my case ? I have no clue but i am very grateful 

I am very happy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

That's awesome.  Congrats!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?  Some friends here are waiting for a case complete.

Congratulations. Where did you check for the 3 N/A. Is that on the site you fild your D260? Or what 3 NA am I looking for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, celticfc25 said:

Scan date Nov 14 th... Sup review Dec 27th... I had called in the morning today and spoke to a supervisor. ( finally was able to get a hold of one and begged him & he said he will give me a call either today or tomorrow). Prior to this I had been calling NVC and wanted to speak to a supervisor but every single time there was none available so i kept on telling them to give me a call back for numerous days. maybe 4 days in a row). This evening supervisor had actually called me. Can you believe that ? they actually called. It was a different supervisor. I explained my situation and started question what was the reason for delay since people that are behind me already got their cases approved and she kept apologizing. 

Later, I told the lady that I have not seen my wife in over 8 months and in 5 months I was thinking about joining the United States air force but after all this I was beginning to change my mind. So I asked her a question and i said "I am a US citizen going through this and how am i suppose to feel as a US citizen ? 

Since I saw the N/A and i was typing this up i was on hold with NVC and had gotten another call coming in with 603 number and I thought who can it be so i picked up the phone and it was the supervisor that i spoke to this evening. She was calling me to let me know that my case was approved and is in line for the interview. WOW how nice can she be ??? What made her move my case ? I have no clue but i am very grateful 

I am very happy. 

That's great!  It's after 8 PM on the East Coast, and a supervisor called you so looks like they're working OT

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 minutes ago, celticfc25 said:

I am very happy. 

Thats amazing I pray for good news with my case soon as well as everyone else.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cbsjjg said:

Congratulations. Where did you check for the 3 N/A. Is that on the site you fild your D260? Or what 3 NA am I looking for?

Google "NVC login" and it should be the first site that comes up.  Once you're in, scroll down and you should see at least 2 N/A.  Once your case is complete, the field under "Affidavit of Support Fee" will change from "PAID" to "N/A", giving you 3 N/A's

yes i saw  3 N/A's on website.  They work until 12... 7 am to 12pm... I was actually very surprised that she called to let me know that it was approved while i was already calling on the other line. WOW speechless.. Guys I have seen an AD that NVC is hiring couple of weeks ago. Maybe they got more staff ? I am not sure but today there was a lot of N/A's.. 

I do realize how frustrated it can be. Keep calling them and keep bugging them or else it will be sitting at a desk. I spoke to her at about 5 pm this evening and got 3 N/A's by 7:30 so i think she did something or told someone to do something. Thats the only thing i can think of. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, carlamariec said:

I got 3 N/As just now. (3rd one was under AOS)

My husband is calling NVC to confirm.

Scan date: Nov14

Supervisor review: Dec. 27

Congratulations!  

Congratulations to all those with CC's! I know its a massive weight off your shoulders!

And... After getting off the phone with the NVC just now,  I can add myself to that list of CC's!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, J&EWoo said:

Congratulations to all those with CC's! I know its a massive weight off your shoulders!

And... After getting off the phone with the NVC just now,  I can add myself to that list of CC's!!

Congratulations to you!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?  

Just now, Duncan21 said:

Congratulations to you!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?  

Scan date 11/15

Supervisor review 12/27

Sorry I was too excited and forgot that

Timeline
1 minute ago, J&EWoo said:

Scan date 11/15

Supervisor review 12/27

Sorry I was too excited and forgot that

Totally understand :D

This is insane! Like ten CC's in a row yesterday and today!! Wahoo, this is really getting exciting :) Hoping hoping hoping that the rest of ours come soon, too!

Congratulations, everyone!!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.