Jenn!

LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR RED FLAGS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Again, have you been posting solid advice to help people, and I just don't see it? Or is it the drama you are after?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
oooh, gotta love the 'why is she in mena anyway?' quezzie. But to answer your quezzie, W...the answer is 'because I felt like it'.

Visa in Hand....first of all, check any drama thread and you will see it grabs people's attn. This is why flame threads and drama threads have zillions of hits, and the others don't. To assume that they are all created equal is ignoring the basic facts of any message board.

I was just pointing out to you a flaw in your logic....while you're ironically judging ppl for their judging people...you also then go on to judge the situation as abnormal....while you're telling everyone how pointless and unsupportive it is to judge.

??? Confusing, isn't it!

Furthermore....let's all be honest...we judge things/people all the time. It's a judgement...an opinion...surely we're not sitting here having no opinion whatsoever. While it's great to say 'don't judge'...at the end of the day, everyone does.

Just like you've judged me...or not, right? ;)

I am totally not judging you....Why exactly are you in Mena ?Is your husband a mena brit?

I don't think it's a stretch that the drama threads invite further scrutiny by members of the board. However, I can understand regular members defensiveness in situations in which they perceive someone stirring the pot.

Let's move on, and not bait each other. Thanks.

:ot2:

• 4 weeks later...

They say hindsight is 20/20. Looking back, we had flags #1, 2, 8 & 9. (ya have to go back to page one & two to recap this thread).

#1 I knew Mohammed 3 days when he typed 'Will you marry me?'

#2 I was in Jordan 2 days, and we married.

#8 No documentation of a relationship other than IM's and phone records.

#9 Gap in seeing each other

I see now many other waving, red flags that I should have picked up on over the years. I wanted to see all the rosy stuff and not what was really going on. I gave up so much of myself, that when he left me, I almost didn't recognize myself.

Jackie (F)

#1 I knew Mohammed 3 days when he typed 'Will you marry me?'

Not meaning to be snarky or anything -- but what went through your mind when this happened?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Hmmmmmmmmm what went thru my mind...........

I had accepted Islam in May 2002, met Mohammed in July 2002, and he was handsome, funny, and muslim. I had been divorced for 5 years and tired of living my life single. I thought I had met Mr. Right. Did I ask was he marrying me for a greencard? Sure I did. Was I told 'No........ we are different'.?....many times. Did I cook with his family and hold their babies? Yep. Did we take touristy pics all over his county? Yep. What went thru my mind? I thought my husband loved me unconditionally.

(should have gotten a lobotomy instead of married)

Jackie :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had accepted Islam in May 2002, met Mohammed in July 2002, and he was handsome, funny, and muslim. I had been divorced for 5 years and tired of living my life single. I thought I had met Mr. Right. Did I ask was he marrying me for a greencard? Sure I did. Was I told 'No........ we are different'.?....many times. Did I cook with his family and hold their babies? Yep. Did we take touristy pics all over his county? Yep. What went thru my mind? I thought my husband loved me unconditionally.

(should have gotten a lobotomy kitten instead of married)

:thumbs::luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

(should have gotten a lobotomy kitten instead of married)

:thumbs::luv:

Amazing how many of the same lines I see/hear from others who have brought over fiances/spouses. :unsure:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Red Flags, not sure where to even start with that one. :jest: I am sure we have a ton, we have 5 kids, both have ex-s, second marriage for both. He makes way more money than I do, so I always think they are saying to themselves oh yea a little gold digger, when I think to my self DID YOU SEE 5 KIDS, one at college who now is talking graduate school. :bonk: In my favor his oldest daughter is an American citizen, because he was here before. He was just here on 2006. But I am sure that won't do a bit of good, if someone is having a bad day. I hate this, it would be great to go where ever you want without having tons of paper work. His visa didn't run out, but since he had to go back to Kuwait for a family emergency it ran out. So now here we go, but now we will marry and make it legal, so he can come and go. This whole process sucks balls, sorry for the language but it really sucks. :wacko: They better hurry, cause since aug 06, I am getting real tired, oh well sorry for my little pity party. :dead:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just curious....

I wonder what is considered a "large" age gap, really?

Is 8 years a big deal. We're both still in our twenties... although mine are almost over lol

Thanks

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just curious....

Is 8 years a big deal. We're both still in our twenties... although mine are almost over lol

Thanks

Lisa

Ours is 8 years (although he is the older one), and we just had one of the fastest AP in Cairo I have ever heard of.... don't worry about it. I think its when it's a combination of several that the antenas go up for the USCIS, NVC, DOS, Consulate, ect....

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just curious....

Thanks

Lisa

i wouldnt worry about it---it's not that large of a difference. the red flags on age gaps are when the woman would be 40 and the man 20.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.