2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Never_Give_Up said:

Hey all,

Today they updated the I-360 processing times for VSC. They are saying that: as of March 31, they were processing cases received as of May 20. This is only 11 days worth of progress from last month's figures where they said that: as of Feb 28, they were processing cases received as of May 9.

My question is, how can this be when forum members are stating approvals received this month (congrats btw) from cases filed in late July?!

I filed in Mid-August 2016 and am so fed up with waiting, I have taken to over analyzing the posted dates to try and coach myself through this process and keep my sanity. How much longer do you think those of us who filed in Mid August will have to wait?! Thank you in advance!! :)

I know how you feel, so helpless just waiting. 

It is obvious the reported dates are not 100% accurate. My packet was received by the VSC on July 22 2016, as I mentioned earlier, my case was approved on May 19 2017, which is 10 months. 

I have not received any notice for approval. I was checking the online case tracking daily and saw the Approved message last Friday. 

If you applied in Mid-August you should see an update within the next month pending no RFEs. 

2 minutes ago, mjm5244 said:

I know how you feel, so helpless just waiting. 

It is obvious the reported dates are not 100% accurate. My packet was received by the VSC on July 22 2016, as I mentioned earlier, my case was approved on May 19 2017, which is 10 months. 

I have not received any notice for approval. I was checking the online case tracking daily and saw the Approved message last Friday. 

If you applied in Mid-August you should see an update within the next month pending no RFEs. 

Thank you kindly for the response. Congratulations on your approval, you must feel so ecstatic and so relieved! Hopefully I will be in the same situation before long. 

I have a question regarding AP. If I get a job and let's say 6 months from now they ask me to go on business travel with them outside the country, is this adviced on AP or is this risky? Is business travel different than personal travel to USCIS or do they view it as the same?

Edited by iwillsurvive

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can write to VSC and explain that you need to see a doctor and you need to have Medicaid for this and until now theu did not send you the prime facie and ask them to  issue the prima facie for you.

Ok, thanks Sandra! I didn't know that could be done.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Yes,  you can apply for FAFSA,but you need to have a social security number to apply for FAFSA.

Thank you so much, i have a social security number

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Folks, one guy that I helped with his VAWA and AOS, he is a visa jurney member, he received his  green card  today without an interview and without submitting a waiver of inadmissibity. He needed an waiver to overcome some inadmissibility but USCIS did not ask him the waiver.He called me early morning today to tell me the good news.

Wow! You are the best Sandra. Congrats for the good work that you are doing. You shall be rewarded. You truly have the passion for helping people, the time you take to answer every question that we ask you on this forum is priceless. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

I've never heard of any vawa applicant that didn't have an interview. Probably possible but rare. 

We had last year 4 people from VJ that I  helped with their VAWA/AOS and they got their green card without an interview, they even posted here, but it's not common tho.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Never_Give_Up said:

Hey all,

Today they updated the I-360 processing times for VSC. They are saying that: as of March 31, they were processing cases received as of May 20. This is only 11 days worth of progress from last month's figures where they said that: as of Feb 28, they were processing cases received as of May 9.

My question is, how can this be when forum members are stating approvals received this month (congrats btw) from cases filed in late July?!

I filed in Mid-August 2016 and am so fed up with waiting, I have taken to over analyzing the posted dates to try and coach myself through this process and keep my sanity. How much longer do you think those of us who filed in Mid August will have to wait?! Thank you in advance!! :)

Because they just updated the page, not the  real timeline, that being said on March 31 they were  processing cases received on May 20, but we are in May already  then move ahead the timeline two months and you will see the the  petitions currently adjudicated are the VAWA cases filed in July, despite I had some August cases approved already.

Timeline
1 hour ago, #Godgotthis said:

Wow! You are the best Sandra. Congrats for the good work that you are doing. You shall be rewarded. You truly have the passion for helping people, the time you take to answer every question that we ask you on this forum is priceless. 

Thanks my dear.

30 minutes ago, sandranj said:

We had last year 4 people from VJ that I  helped with their VAWA/AOS and they got their green card without an interview, they even posted here, but it's not common tho.

That's good news! I pray for such luck. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, mjm5244 said:

Sandra, Can you share any details for timing with this case? 

I mentioned the possibility of no interview request for a 485 in an earlier post today. I know it is rare and unlikely however you have an instance of it happening. Great news for you and your client!!! 

I am in a similar situation with inadmissibility, however it is my understand that a VAWA approval will most likely wave any requirements for an inadmissibility waiver. 

If you can share his timeline that would be greatly appreciated! 

Bests!

The VAWA approval doesn't waive the inadmissibility at all. In 20 years working with VAWA he is the first person that needed a waiver and USCIS did not ask. Many Vawa petitioners had to submit a  waiver to overcome inadmissibility.

Who filed VAWA and entered without inspection doesn't need a waiver of inadmissibility.

Edited by sandranj

Hello everybody,

I've been suffering hard time that I never ever had before in my life.

I met my wife 2 years ago at her family's party. We keep contact via Facetime and Internet for nearly a year when I return to my country. March-2016 I go back to US on B2 visa and marry her 2 months after arrival.

Our marriage was very happy at the beginning with great support from her family and friends. We moved in from May-2016, she also file I-130 and I-485 for me in Jun-2016.

Things change since she quit her job, start isolating me with her family member, mental abuse, preventing me from seeking help from friends and her family member. Physical abuse me but I did not call the police since I did not want to see her in jail. She moved out after 6 months, she also closed our join bank account without letting me know, preventing me from deposing my paycheck.

She refused to cooperate with me on the AOS Internet that already scheduled on early April-2017.

I was very stress and have to go to see counseling professional to get treatment for my mental health.

I filed I-360 with my personal statement, her grand mother and some other family  member's statement to witness her abused me frequently. over 120 pages contain pictures, bank statements, good moral.

I-360 received on early April-2017 without any Prima Facie, just a single receipt notice.

To day, I went to AOS interview alone. IO asked "where is your wife", I said "she refused to go" and interview begins.

IO asked several questions relating to our marriage, look at my I-485 and my wife's I-130. I also told IO that I am abused by my wife and I am filed I-360 form 2 months ago and it's still pending at Vermont Service Center. (I also bring a copy of my I-360, but IO did not take a look at that). She tell me she only adjudicate based what's on her hand right now and for other things, "talk to your attorney" she said.

After continue asking about my current status (job, who I live with...) finally, she tell me she have to deny my current I-485, even she known I have a pending I-360 and any of my request to hold my current I-485 was rejected.

My concern:

- I will be out of status from today, I am going to file another I-485 based on VAWA to maintain my legal status, so where should I send my package to? Chicago Lockbox or Vermont Center?

- I've heard from other cases, IO approved the request to hold current I-485 in abeyance until I-360 is decided upon, but my case, IO refused, is it normal or IO did not know anything about VAWA?

- USCIS did not send the receipt notice of my I-360 to my current address, they sent both of notice to my attorney's office.

- My case status of I-360 changed to "Name was updated", they also change my name with a suffix after my full name on the receipt, is it normal? (Never ever heard about this on other cases before)

Thank you reading this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.