2,895 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Three days ago my i485 case status was updated to "your case has been transferred and new office now has jurisdiction over the case" 

i filed my i485 based on marriage and approved i130 prior to filing i360. Is there anyone in a similar circumstance or that went through same and has an idea whether it's Vermont they are talking about? Also any idea on what happens to pending EAD and ap... See My timeline is below 

Dec 12 2016 - AOS, AP & EAD application was received 
Jan 9 - biometrics 
Jan 23 - filed I-360
Jan 24th - I-360 received at VSC 
Feb 9- request for RFE about affidavit of support for I-485 sent by uscis 
Feb 14th - received receipt notice for i360
Feb 23 - responded to RFE and sent letter to uscis saying I cannot fulfil RFE about affidavit because I am no longer with my spouse and told them to put i485 on hold pending my vawa approval , I also attached vawa receipt 
March 02 - uscis site updated : i485 RFE received 
March 02 - received prima facie for i360 in mail 
March 20 - i485 transferred to new office , new office has jurisdiction over case

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Thank you Aquila. I read today that you got an RFE regarding your I-360, are they asking proof of the abuse and/or  bonafide marriage? .

They only asked for proof of bona-fide marriage

25 minutes ago, MsBoo said:

Do you have to ask for a prima facie determination when you send in your I-360?

You dont ask for it. They decide whether to issue it for you or not

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Aquila you  probably didn't do a good job when describing your  marriage.I would  say 60% of the  survivors  that I helped didn't have a single document together with their spouses.

You have to describe the courtship  in details, minimum  3 pages just about courtship,  gather affidavits  from your  family abroad and fiends here and abroad  as well.

Explain one by one of these documents why ypu don't  have:

Lease agreement, joint bank account,  tax returned filed  jointly, car/health insurance in name of both, credit  card etc...

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Aquila you  probably didn't do a good job when describing your  marriage.I would  say 60% of the  survivors  that I helped didn't have a single document together with their spouses.

You have to describe the courtship  in details, minimum  3 pages just about courtship,  gather affidavits  from your  family abroad and fiends here and abroad  as well.

Explain one by one of these documents why ypu don't  have:

Lease agreement, joint bank account,  tax returned filed  jointly, car/health insurance in name of both, credit  card etc...

Thanks @sandranjfor the update. Probably that's what I missed out when sending my i360, at the moment I've been able to get my affidavit written out. Plus two of the witnesses at our wedding are willing to provide theirs too. Do you think it might be okay with that please? 

5 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Three days ago my i485 case status was updated to "your case has been transferred and new office now has jurisdiction over the case" 

i filed my i485 based on marriage and approved i130 prior to filing i360. Is there anyone in a similar circumstance or that went through same and has an idea whether it's Vermont they are talking about? Also any idea on what happens to pending EAD and ap... See My timeline is below 

Dec 12 2016 - AOS, AP & EAD application was received 
Jan 9 - biometrics 
Jan 23 - filed I-360
Jan 24th - I-360 received at VSC 
Feb 9- request for RFE about affidavit of support for I-485 sent by uscis 
Feb 14th - received receipt notice for i360
Feb 23 - responded to RFE and sent letter to uscis saying I cannot fulfil RFE about affidavit because I am no longer with my spouse and told them to put i485 on hold pending my vawa approval , I also attached vawa receipt 
March 02 - uscis site updated : i485 RFE received 
March 02 - received prima facie for i360 in mail 
March 20 - i485 transferred to new office , new office has jurisdiction over case

My vawa approved, after 20 days my case was transferred to NBC for jurisdiction. Now last week I got interview latter.

13 minutes ago, rumzair09 said:

My vawa approved, after 20 days my case was transferred to NBC for jurisdiction. Now last week I got interview latter.

When was your vawa approved and how long did it take for approval? Also did you file i485 before i360

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How long it took you from nbc to local office? And whats your local office? Also, did you get 2 different notifications from both offices or only nbc then interview?

Edited by Lunalotto

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

please, did anybody who flied  i 360 in May 2016 Approved?  am just waiting since i filed they don't  ask  me to provide anything and i haven't heard anything just need am info . anything will help i also contacted my senator but haven't hared anything   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone especially Sandranj.

I just came across this forum, and I been reading tons of good information on VAWA. I have a question for Sandranj, my sister file under VAWA on June 2016. But let me start from the beginning of her story. She married back in 2006, they have 4 kids together, On 2007 she went out to Mexico thinking she was going to became legal and come with the surprise that she got 9C =( which means she can't enter the USA for 10 years) they move to a border town work things out, because she didn't want to get back to the states illegally. On 2010 he lost his job and he return to Florida and she went to her hometown. story short she cross the border again EWI and didn't get caught in 2011. She is been in Florida since then. Now ever since she return her husband started drinking a lot and abusing of her mentally. In 2015 he left her for another person, Anyway what are her chances to be able to adjust status if her VAWA gets approved. Again she has a 9C in juarez 

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!

@sandranjat the moment I've been able to get my write up done narrating everything that happened.

Also 2 of the witnesses on our wedding day are willing to provide me notarized copies of having knowledge of our dating up to marriage. In total 3 copies of affidavits, do you think that's going to be okay enough to send along with copies of utility, joint residence, joint bank, photos, marriage license? 

Please help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.