Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

i realized that all the transfers on may 1st, 3rd, 7th etc are happening to cases filed between august 2016 and march 2017, not new cases. So that means they are being worked on. Those who didn't file N400 will probably get a an approval within 45 days, those who did file n400 will have their Roc kicked away to some other officer to deal with, therefore n400 interview is going to be scheduled most likely withing 45 days also, but could be a bit longer depending on field offices.

40 minutes ago, Waiting4mygreenn said:

i realized that all the transfers on may 1st, 3rd, 7th etc are happening to cases filed between august 2016 and march 2017, not new cases. So that means they are being worked on. Those who didn't file N400 will probably get a an approval within 45 days, those who did file n400 will have their Roc kicked away to some other officer to deal with, therefore n400 interview is going to be scheduled most likely withing 45 days also, but could be a bit longer depending on field offices.

If thats the case it makes zero sense to ignore a transferred file just because N400 was filed. If a reasonable person looks at it, they should approve the i751 because filing for the N400 is another proof that the marriage is still on going and the person is ready for N400 interview. 

Considering how N400 interviewers are having a hard time approving I751 thats sitting on their desk because its not part of their daily job, I imagine they are trying to avoid combo interviews because thats an invitation to administrative mistakes. 

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Lordofemrys said:

Heaven knows I can’t wait to get done with uscis. This is just too much since December 2016 nothing yet and January fillers receiving updates and approval. This is very ridiculous. 😞 

Tell me about it. I've been married for 4 and a half years. I should have the citizenship by now but i don't even have the green card. I was called for an interview 6 months after filing along with my wife then I was asked whats my name in the interview and that was about it, which left us wondering why on earth would they waste our day and cost us almost a $100 for parking for that. 2months after the interview still nothing. Am watching almost every body who goes to interview for i 751 which are normally either divorce waivers or those with too little evidence filed, or i 485 filers get approved on the spot or within 2 to 3days but i see no light in the dark tunnel.Am joint filer with tons of evidence. No creminal or bad record or even speeding ticket.theres absolutely no logic or any order as to how these cases are processed . I see divorce waivers get approved without interview and no evidence of bona fide marriage yet some joint filers cases are being used in the uscis bathroom as toilet papers.some csc get approved once a while in 4 or 5 months, yet everybody else is waiting 18months. i should never even be in this whole process. They made me wait for a year after my i 485 interview then approved my case 2 weeks before the second year marriage anniversary. So crazy

1 hour ago, raflen said:

Hello guys, does anyone have an idea how to apply for naturalization ?

Download the form online it’s called N400 or you go to https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and apply online . Best of Luck

1 hour ago, raflen said:

Hello guys, does anyone have an idea how to apply for naturalization ?

While we do talk about the N400 application and its implications on the I751, how to apply for it is not permitted on here. 

Its not even the best place to ask anyway, you got some advice above but for more details head to the citizenship section. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 5/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Waiting4mygreenn said:

Tell me about it. I've been married for 4 and a half years. I should have the citizenship by now but i don't even have the green card. I was called for an interview 6 months after filing along with my wife then I was asked whats my name in the interview and that was about it, which left us wondering why on earth would they waste our day and cost us almost a $100 for parking for that. 2months after the interview still nothing. Am watching almost every body who goes to interview for i 751 which are normally either divorce waivers or those with too little evidence filed, or i 485 filers get approved on the spot or within 2 to 3days but i see no light in the dark tunnel.Am joint filer with tons of evidence. No creminal or bad record or even speeding ticket.theres absolutely no logic or any order as to how these cases are processed . I see divorce waivers get approved without interview and no evidence of bona fide marriage yet some joint filers cases are being used in the uscis bathroom as toilet papers.some csc get approved once a while in 4 or 5 months, yet everybody else is waiting 18months. i should never even be in this whole process. They made me wait for a year after my i 485 interview then approved my case 2 weeks before the second year marriage anniversary. So crazy

We're all with you! My timeline actually tracks pretty similarly... sadly, there's not a whole lot that we can do other than use these forums for support. At this point, trying to find patterns is meaningless and a waste of time. It seems like there are so many factors that could have the smallest change on how the applications are processed, and those changes lead down a whole different workflow for completion. 

Keep your head up and be thankful that you're in the US legally, able to work, and able to be with your spouse. The current administration's stance on a variety of issues (including immigration) has only seemed to heighten all of our anxieties... breathe in, breathe out. :-)

Spoiler

19 Jan 2014 Married

USCIS

11 Apr 2014 I-130 Sent

17 Apr 2014 NOA1

02 May 2014 NOA2

NVC

21 May 2014 NVC Received

06 June 2014 Case Number, INI, and BIN generated

06 June 2014 AOS bill / DS-261 generated

03 July 2014 Paid AOS bill

03 July 2014 DS-261 completed and sent electronically

07 Aug 2014 AOS package sent

12 Aug 2014 AOS Package received by NVC (scan)

20 Aug 2014 DS-261 accepted

20 Aug 2014 IV invoice generated

20 Aug 2014 IV invoice paid/printed cover sheet

21 Aug 2014 DS-260 completed and sent electronically

22 Aug 2014 IV package of supporting documents sent

27 Aug 2014 IV package received by NVC (scan)

07 Sep 2014 Realize error on AOS (AGI vs. Total Income)

09 Sep 2014 AOS I-864s (joint sponsors) resubmitted

11 Sep 2014 AOS Re-submit received by NVC (scan)

16 Sep 2014 60-day notice received (note: this is the first 60-day notice I have ever received)

20 Oct 2014 CASE COMPLETE! (AOS and IV)

Embassy

08 Dec 2014 Medical Appointment

22 Dec 2014 Interview and APPROVAL!

27 Dec 2014 Receive passport and paperwork from the embassy

POE/Post Entry

23 Feb 2015 POE at Houston - No problems on entry

01 Mar 2015 Received SSN via USPS

02 Apr 2015 Received physical green card

ROC

19 Dec 2016 Sent I-751 Packet

26 Dec 2016 NOA1 Received

12 Jan 2017 Biometrics Appointment

14 Feb 2018 Infopass Appointment (LA) for ADIT Stamp

15 May 2018 ROC APPROVED! (I-797 NOA received 5/21/18 - GC in production!)

1 hour ago, silverjetplane said:

We're all with you! My timeline actually tracks pretty similarly... sadly, there's not a whole lot that we can do other than use these forums for support. At this point, trying to find patterns is meaningless and a waste of time. It seems like there are so many factors that could have the smallest change on how the applications are processed, and those changes lead down a whole different workflow for completion. 

Keep your head up and be thankful that you're in the US legally, able to work, and able to be with your spouse. The current administration's stance on a variety of issues (including immigration) has only seemed to heighten all of our anxieties... breathe in, breathe out. :-)

Well said, i agree with everything and thanks for this post. Good luck to you😎

Well,  I received a letter from USCIS last week and they are requesting for more documentations from us. I just hate this right now because  we waited all this months and this is what they want from us. I mean i can provide more documentation, but the the whole thing is just adding more stress to me and my spouse. Has any of you heard anything about USCIS asking for more documentation? and did they get approved after that? My husband and I just want to move on from this stage and we can't right now.

4 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

RFE is very common.. Make sure that you respond with everything they ask and submit the documents before the final date to do so.. no one can tell you if you will be approved.. but we can say for certain that if you do not provide the additional information by the required date, you most certainly wont be approved.. 

This is frustrating and stressful , yes, so its important to keep your eyes on the bigger picture,  being together for life.. focus on your marraige..do things that strenghten it, have fun together, laugh, and celebrate each day... the day will come ! 

Thanks for responding. We are just really stressed out right now .We want to go on vacations but couldn't because I am too scared to travel without my greencard :(. I am just wondering if there are anyone here who is in similar situation as me and what is your update with your situation?

1 hour ago, Chingay said:

Well,  I received a letter from USCIS last week and they are requesting for more documentations from us. I just hate this right now because  we waited all this months and this is what they want from us. I mean i can provide more documentation, but the the whole thing is just adding more stress to me and my spouse. Has any of you heard anything about USCIS asking for more documentation? and did they get approved after that? My husband and I just want to move on from this stage and we can't right now.

What is your NOA date? 

What have you sent originally in your ROC package and what’s specifically they asking? 

If you filled in December 2016 then RFE indicates a movement for you which is great, majority of us haven’t heard anything yet as they still processing November cases. 

http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article211107574.html

FYI for people who received their green cards with the wrong "resident since" date. USCIS recalls about 8000 cards that should be returned upon receiving a notice. Those should receive a new card within a couple of weeks. 

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chingay said:

Thanks for responding. We are just really stressed out right now .We want to go on vacations but couldn't because I am too scared to travel without my greencard :(. I am just wondering if there are anyone here who is in similar situation as me and what is your update with your situation?

Can you get a I551?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.