Canadiangal123

When can I go back to my country to visit?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I have tried finding this information online but am having some trouble. Any guidance would be much appreciated! :)

My question is, I just recently moved to the US from Canada on my K1 visa and my mother is constantly pestering me about when I can come back to visit and if I can make it for Christmas. I wanted to know, at what point can I just go back and forth across the border without any special paperwork? I read online there's a form that can be filled out but if you do not have the form, they may make you reapply for the K1 visa all over again and not let you come back.

Can I go visit whenever I want once my adjustment of status is processed?

Thanks! <3

Unless you filed for your AOS with the advanced parole in August or September, you will most likely not be able to go to Canada for Xmas. Let your mom know ahe can visit you instead.

Please read the AOS guide! :)

Also please finish up your timeline! Thanks!

~~moved to working and travelling during immigration from K1 process and procedures. OP states they already entered on a K1 visa.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am also confused about this topic. My fiancee and I are awaiting our interview in Mexico the first week of February. We own a casita in Mexico which we planned on visiting often after we are married. I read on a Nolo site that Mexicans and Canadians can re-enter Mexico and Canada for short trips on an "automatic revalidation" . His father is very ill and he has children in Mexico we wanted to visit often. What do we need to do?

I am also confused about this topic. My fiancee and I are awaiting our interview in Mexico the first week of February. We own a casita in Mexico which we planned on visiting often after we are married. I read on a Nolo site that Mexicans and Canadians can re-enter Mexico and Canada for short trips on an "automatic revalidation" . His father is very ill and he has children in Mexico we wanted to visit often. What do we need to do?

No this is only if you haven't gotten married yet so the K1 visa may be revalidated by the CBP if there is an emergency.

Otherwise you are looking at 90 days unless there is an emergency.

Family is the EXACT reason we chose the CR1 process. I wanted ZERO issues crossing the border immediately if necessary.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you wanted to be able to travel right away you should have gone with the spousal visa. Now you have to get married and make sure to send in your Adjustment of status application as soon as possible together with the travel authorization. The authorization will take around 90 days normally. You can also go to your local office and request emergency travel that you, if granted, will receive on the spot right there and then. If you do that you will need proof of the emergency for example a letter from his father's doctor about his illness, 2 passport photos, Adjustment of status case number and if you do it very close to sending in your documents you might have to pay for the application fee if they can't see in their system that you already paid for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.