1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, f2a_ca said:

Hi Michael, are you saying that ALL embassy send IL only between 28th and 8th? or most of them? or there are exceptions? Thanks.

NVC sends IL and they send it for all embassies between this period. But, some embassies have backlogs and there could be delay. This is rare but it happens that there is backlog.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

NVC sends IL and they send it for all embassies between this period. But, some embassies have backlogs and there could be delay. This is rare but it happens that there is backlog.

Thanks Michael, so embassies collect IL from NVC. Do embassies send out IL every week? I mean if embassies have backlog, they must have accumulated many IL on hand, do they send out IL every day/week? Or they also follow NVC's schedule? (I'm with an embassy that seems having backlog). Thanks.

Timeline
23 hours ago, tash1111 said:

@ormont @michael2017

Hi I just wanted to let you know that i am in somewhat the same situation as for Backlog while waiting for my Interview. 

My PD is May 2016 and my date has been CURRENT since May 2018 and case is COMPLETE as of Dec 2017. i still have not received an interview letter and i was told that Montreal ( where the interview will be help) in backlogged. 

Just wanted you to know you are not alone. 

good luck and i hope you get it soon. 

Hi Tash, I'm with Montreal as well and behind you. Looks like they haven't done May yet, such a backlog. In your (or someone else) another post, you mentioned that March PD was fine in Montreal. So from Mach to August, they haven't finished PD that between March and May??

Montreal ever ranked the most corrupt city in Canada, there is atmosphere that agents don't do what they should do...

I don't see calling NVC is useful in this case, NVC may already sent IL to Montreal, but it maybe stuck in Montreal. Should we contact Montreal embassy directly?

22 minutes ago, f2a_ca said:

Hi Tash, I'm with Montreal as well and behind you. Looks like they haven't done May yet, such a backlog. In your (or someone else) another post, you mentioned that March PD was fine in Montreal. So from Mach to August, they haven't finished PD that between March and May??

Montreal ever ranked the most corrupt city in Canada, there is atmosphere that agents don't do what they should do...

I don't see calling NVC is useful in this case, NVC may already sent IL to Montreal, but it maybe stuck in Montreal. Should we contact Montreal embassy directly?

Hi f2a_ca,

I am also waiting for the interview letter in Montreal. My PD is May 25, 2016. 

I have contacted the consulate directly through email (montreal-iv-dv@state.gov), and it wasn’t useful - they answered saying that they send the NVC the dates/times slots available for appointments and the NVC is responsible for managing the waiting line and scheduling the interviews. If the NVC has not scheduled your interview yet, then the consulate does not have your case yet. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, L&G3112 said:

Hi f2a_ca,

I am also waiting for the interview letter in Montreal. My PD is May 25, 2016. 

I have contacted the consulate directly through email (montreal-iv-dv@state.gov), and it wasn’t useful - they answered saying that they send the NVC the dates/times slots available for appointments and the NVC is responsible for managing the waiting line and scheduling the interviews. If the NVC has not scheduled your interview yet, then the consulate does not have your case yet. 

Thanks L&G, so NVC assigns time slot for each case right (I thought embassy assigned it to each one)? Looks like NVC hasn't scheduled interview for PD of May. 

I called NVC recently, they say every one whose PD is current are in line, and will be assigned IL in sequence, which is not an useful information.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, f2a_ca said:

Thanks Michael, so embassies collect IL from NVC. Do embassies send out IL every week? I mean if embassies have backlog, they must have accumulated many IL on hand, do they send out IL every day/week? Or they also follow NVC's schedule? (I'm with an embassy that seems having backlog). Thanks.

Embassies do not collect IL from NVC. NVC schedules the interview after discussing the dates with the embassy. IL is send by NVC after they coordinated with the embassy.

2 hours ago, f2a_ca said:

Thanks L&G, so NVC assigns time slot for each case right (I thought embassy assigned it to each one)? Looks like NVC hasn't scheduled interview for PD of May. 

I called NVC recently, they say every one whose PD is current are in line, and will be assigned IL in sequence, which is not an useful information.

Hi f2a_ca

I am also waiting for my F2A interview to be scheduled at Montreal.

My pd is 24th May 2016. CC 27th December.

NVC has sent out Montreal IL for IR1/CR1 yesterday for whose case was completed in June.  I think they are still working on July CC for IR1/CR1.

They do have interview spots available but they are not assigning us any for some reason.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Embassies do not collect IL from NVC. NVC schedules the interview after discussing the dates with the embassy. IL is send by NVC after they coordinated with the embassy.

Thanks Michael for the explanation. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ruban said:

Hi f2a_ca

I am also waiting for my F2A interview to be scheduled at Montreal.

My pd is 24th May 2016. CC 27th December.

NVC has sent out Montreal IL for IR1/CR1 yesterday for whose case was completed in June.  I think they are still working on July CC for IR1/CR1.

They do have interview spots available but they are not assigning us any for some reason.

Thanks Ruban for the information. Looks like the only thing we can do is to push NVC harder. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 3:49 AM, Michael2017 said:

Nice to hear from you again. We have very similar PD. I think chances are 40% for December  and 60% for January 2019.

Thanks mate for reply. I hope we have our interview on Nov. Best whishes for you pal...

Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 9:58 AM, f2a_ca said:

@f2a_ca From what i understood the person i spoke to became current when the April Visa bulletin came out. So from that information that means that it started to backlog once May bulletin came out ( which is when i became current) I wonder how long this backlog will last...do you know of anyone that has experienced this and how much longer it took to get Interview date?

50 minutes ago, tash1111 said:

@f2a_ca From what i understood the person i spoke to became current when the April Visa bulletin came out. So from that information that means that it started to backlog once May bulletin came out ( which is when i became current) I wonder how long this backlog will last..

You can check the statistic of number of visa issued everymonth by Embassy in each country here.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

I just checked the May report and there was no F2A case got visa in May 2018 in Canada, which mean Canada did not interview any F2A in May 2018.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.