1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I am from India but I chose Montreal consulate as I am on work permit in Canada. Does anyone know if consulate in India (New Delhi) is faster than Canada (Montreal)? I heard Montreal is pretty backlogged. I still have a chance to change it because my I-130 is not approved yet.

PD April-2017

CSC

Waiting for I-130 to be approved.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Ag010585 said:

Hi, I am from India but I chose Montreal consulate as I am on work permit in Canada. Does anyone know if consulate in India (New Delhi) is faster than Canada (Montreal)? I heard Montreal is pretty backlogged. I still have a chance to change it because my I-130 is not approved yet.

PD April-2017

CSC

Waiting for I-130 to be approved.

Thanks!

Hi

I am also from India living in Canada and i did same mistake of choosing Montreal consulate.

My pd is 24th May 2016 and still they haven't scheduled my interview. Indians with same pd as mine were scheduled for interview in May at New Delhi. I am not sure that they will schedule me for August or September or beyond.

here is bottom line

AVOID MONTREAL CONSULATE AT ANY COST.

Edited by ruban

42 minutes ago, tash1111 said:

@ruban hi ruban, why dont you think you will be scheduled for aug or sept? Do you know what pd was last scheduled for an interview in mtl? 

I know one person got scheduled for 21 August and he had approved expedite request. We don't know that how many ppl are waiting before us so we cannot be certain that we will get IL for August or September.

7 minutes ago, ruban said:

I know one person got scheduled for 21 August and he had approved expedite request. We don't know that how many ppl are waiting before us so we cannot be certain that we will get IL for August or September.

Hi Ruban, 

this person that got the expedite request - what was their PD? and when did they receive the Interview letter?

Does anyone know if the interviews for august were scheduled in Montreal yet?

37 minutes ago, L&G3112 said:

Hi Ruban, 

this person that got the expedite request - what was their PD? and when did they receive the Interview letter?

I don't know his PD. His visa category is EB2.

NVC told other person that they are going to schedule for August on this Friday.

9 hours ago, L&G3112 said:

Hi Ruban, 

Hi

Someone with EB2 category at Montral consulate got IL for August 16. His CC is March 23.

This is exciting for ppl waiting for Montreal Consulate. Hope everyone get IL soon.

1 hour ago, tfamily said:

hi, please help me... i filled online ds 260 but i make a mistake when  in surname write givename of my mother. can i fix it?? maybe calling to nvc?? im scared 

After DS-260 submitted, you and NVC cannot edit it. Only Consular Officer can fix it for you.

You can ask NVC about this via phone or email. But they will tell you that you can fix it at the interview.

Don't worry. At the interview, you should notify the Consular Officer about the wrong information and ask them to fix it for you.

Do not ignore the wrong information, if they found it, they will question you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I'm with Montreal too, PD July 19 2016, it just became current in Aug. So sad to see that someone with May PD in Montreal are still waiting for interview. 

Montreal used to be quick, since volume of application is lower comparing to other countries... Cannot believe they are backlogged. 

When can I start calling them for scheduling interview?

10 minutes ago, f2a_ca said:

Hi, I'm with Montreal too, PD July 19 2016, it just became current in Aug. So sad to see that someone with May PD in Montreal are still waiting for interview. 

Montreal used to be quick, since volume of application is lower comparing to other countries... Cannot believe they are backlogged. 

When can I start calling them for scheduling interview?

If your case was completed, you can call them now because NVC has sent IL for August. So if you have an interview in August, NVC can tell you.

Visa bulletin for AUGUST is out.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-august-2018.html

image.png.fec87867d5b25582b67c555987189ab2.png

BIG WARNING about RETROGRESSION in September

image.png.c8d137183334e81c0d292ffa2dfcea94.png

Edited by Triple28

Hi Folks,

Wanted to see if any of the 2016 Filers that fall into the Travel Ban 3.0 category have any experiences they can share:

1) Did your spouse have an interview in the last couple of weeks since the supreme court upheld the executive order? Was there an outcome?

2) Did you prepare the waiver packet? Was it useful?

According to this report, waiver's are not helpful apparently. See this report: https://www.aila.org/infonet/applying-for-a-waiver-pursuant-to-presidential

Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. If there is a dedicated page to this, I'd appreciate a pointer to it. 

9 hours ago, mfh said:

Hi Folks,

Wanted to see if any of the 2016 Filers that fall into the Travel Ban 3.0 category have any experiences they can share:

1) Did your spouse have an interview in the last couple of weeks since the supreme court upheld the executive order? Was there an outcome?

2) Did you prepare the waiver packet? Was it useful?

According to this report, waiver's are not helpful apparently. See this report: https://www.aila.org/infonet/applying-for-a-waiver-pursuant-to-presidential

Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. If there is a dedicated page to this, I'd appreciate a pointer to it. 

Its very difficult to get people to talk about waivers - I dont know why people who got it are not more forth coming to share information. There are folks on this site who did get it, and once they did they've stopped coming to this site unfortunately. 

What I have heard is after the interview they put you in AP. Some AP's clear in a few months, some take a few years. For example, one waiver I heard of was 22 months in AP and then 3 months for waiver. This was for a K1 visa

From what I have heard, consular officials are not taking waiver documentation.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/14/2018 at 1:24 AM, Behzod said:

Did you get interview letter from NVC?

Any updates?

Already did :) interview set aug 3rd.. what about you?

On 7/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, Janice_mickey said:

Already did :) interview set aug 3rd.. what about you?

Hello, 

Do they schedule interview date based on the Priority Date? Do you know which timetable should we follow in Visa bulletin?

Our PD is December 2016. We are planning to send all documents through CEAC by end of July. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.