1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/16/2017 at 8:25 PM, remyfk said:

@piff @Anna...hi there. I figured out a couple of things from my husband's interview. My actual PD is June 9th, 2016 & not 14th like we thought before. And our i-130s got approved on May 9,2017 after the interview. That's 11 months for i-130 approval alone. The officer said he will forward the application & we asked for Abu Dhabi. Are we going to get delayed further? Because some had their i-130s approved in 4-5months as opposed to 11 months. What happens next? And would there be any negative consequences on our i-130s if he applies for his citizenship? Or is that delayed too?

When you called USCIS to check reason for delay, what they replied?  I mean why your case took 11months for approval? 

Form I-130 sent ------------ 06/17/2016

NOA1 (Email) ------------ 06/23/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy Received ------------ 06/27/2016

:clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

Timeline
On 5/16/2017 at 8:25 PM, remyfk said:

@piff @Anna...hi there. I figured out a couple of things from my husband's interview. My actual PD is June 9th, 2016 & not 14th like we thought before. And our i-130s got approved on May 9,2017 after the interview. That's 11 months for i-130 approval alone. The officer said he will forward the application & we asked for Abu Dhabi. Are we going to get delayed further? Because some had their i-130s approved in 4-5months as opposed to 11 months. What happens next? And would there be any negative consequences on our i-130s if he applies for his citizenship? Or is that delayed too?

1) When you called USCIS to check reason for delay, what they replied?  I mean why your case took 11months for approval? 

2) what type of interview you are talking about?

3) there is no dely my priority date is 17june2016 and in visa bulletin table A) final action date is 15August 2015, and table B) to submit further documents is 8April2016, so after one or two months you ll get welcome letter and would be able to proceed further with NVC..! So nothing is wronge with your petition..! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bonbon786 said:

1) When you called USCIS to check reason for delay, what they replied?  I mean why your case took 11months for approval? 

2) what type of interview you are talking about?

3) there is no dely my priority date is 17june2016 and in visa bulletin table A) final action date is 15August 2015, and table B) to submit further documents is 8April2016, so after one or two months you ll get welcome letter and would be able to proceed further with NVC..! So nothing is wronge with your petition..! 

My PD is 24march 2016 and I'm still waiting for the welcome letter, why does it take so long? 

13 hours ago, Mariale256 said:

My PD is 24march 2016 and I'm still waiting for the welcome letter, why does it take so long? 

it depends on your PD, a lots of people w/ PD in Jan haven't gotten WL yet, so your WL are going to be longer to be sent. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/31/2017 at 11:07 AM, yukiruby said:

Hi, my sister PD is Jan 22,2016. Did you get your WL ?

hi, mine is Jan 1,2016  and not yet :( your and my hubby are very close on priority dates , I will keep you post it

55 minutes ago, Pamelav31 said:

hi, mine is Jan 1,2016  and not yet :( your and my hubby are very close on priority dates , I will keep you post it

Sounds good, thanks. Me too :)

@bonbon786...I'm really sorry for the late reply..They didn't give any explanation for the late approval...but I'm guessing it was because this is a 2nd marriage for the both of us..the questions that were asked to my husband were more about why I quit my 1st marriage...which I thought were a bit too personal to ask...but my husband told them anyways & provided them with the necessary documents as proof.

From what I understood, for F2A category...PD has to be current on the 2nd chart first...which btw is on 8 April 2016 for a second time...(my PD is 9 June 2016)...and then after that...I get to send in the other documents to NVC...The interview will be scheduled when PD becomes current on the 1st chart on VB..which is now at 15 Aug 2015...so I have to wait roughly 10 months for the interview (considering the 2nd chart moves every month by 1 month)...If my husband becomes a citizen, does that exclude me from waiting for PD to be current as per the 1st chart on VB? And if he applies for citizenship now, how long does the entire process take?

12 hours ago, Pamelav31 said:

January 4th here :dance:

You and I are both getting the WL on the same week!

Let me go back to the "F2A PD December 2015" posts to lurk some more :whistle:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
42 minutes ago, escalanterom said:

January 4th here :dance:

You and I are both getting the WL on the same week!

Let me go back to the "F2A PD December 2015" posts to lurk some more :whistle:

Let us know when you get yours WL please 

Timeline
7 hours ago, remyfk said:

@bonbon786...I'm really sorry for the late reply..They didn't give any explanation for the late approval...but I'm guessing it was because this is a 2nd marriage for the both of us..the questions that were asked to my husband were more about why I quit my 1st marriage...which I thought were a bit too personal to ask...but my husband told them anyways & provided them with the necessary documents as proof.

From what I understood, for F2A category...PD has to be current on the 2nd chart first...which btw is on 8 April 2016 for a second time...(my PD is 9 June 2016)...and then after that...I get to send in the other documents to NVC...The interview will be scheduled when PD becomes current on the 1st chart on VB..which is now at 15 Aug 2015...so I have to wait roughly 10 months for the interview (considering the 2nd chart moves every month by 1 month)...If my husband becomes a citizen, does that exclude me from waiting for PD to be current as per the 1st chart on VB? And if he applies for citizenship now, how long does the entire process take?

@remyfk thanks for reply, if your husband becomes citizen you can transfer your case to CR-1/IR-1 category which is very fast process to bring your spouse to US, and i have no idea how long citizenship will take. But you are right almost 10months more wait for interview. 

How your husband got an appointment for interview? Did he applied for  infoPASS the online appointment system? After the interview how many days further they took for approval? 

Best wishes for everyone and stay blessed.

@bonbon786....We read online that if the approval takes more than 6 months..we need to call USCIS and enquire about it. He called in Feb 2017 (8 months from PD) as we had no information at all. And that call got escalated up to an officer. Then they sent us an email & a letter saying he has to attend the interview on May 9th,2017. He attended the interview...submitted all the documents..answered all their questions...then he was asked which city would be appropriate for the interview & was told that I-130 is approved. We later received an email & letter saying the I-130s got approved...and that ithey are being forwarded to NVC...that we should wait 30 days before contacting NVC. So now it has been 25 days & we have no new information...as to whether it has been received by NVC or not.

This forum, FB group & WhatsApp group seem to be the only comforting thing now as there are many others waiting to be reunited with their spouses/family. Some say 2016 filers could be looking at 2.5 years before getting an interview..that's quite frustrating :-( 

@bonbon786...wouldn't transferring the cases from F2A to IR1/CR1 cause a delay again? I read somehwere that it takes 11 weeks for them to change the status and make it under the new category, especially if that change was applied for when the PD becomes current. He has already sent his citizenship application anyway & we got information that the package has been received....waiting for them to issue us a date so we know what to go by..are there no charts or bulletins to see the progress on the citizenship applications? If he gets citizenship earlier than our PD becoming current, then we thought we will upgrade the applications. If not, then maybe wait it out?? It's a very long wait!!!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, remyfk said:

@bonbon786....We read online that if the approval takes more than 6 months..we need to call USCIS and enquire about it. He called in Feb 2017 (8 months from PD) as we had no information at all. And that call got escalated up to an officer. Then they sent us an email & a letter saying he has to attend the interview on May 9th,2017. He attended the interview...submitted all the documents..answered all their questions...then he was asked which city would be appropriate for the interview & was told that I-130 is approved. We later received an email & letter saying the I-130s got approved...and that ithey are being forwarded to NVC...that we should wait 30 days before contacting NVC. So now it has been 25 days & we have no new information...as to whether it has been received by NVC or not.

This forum, FB group & WhatsApp group seem to be the only comforting thing now as there are many others waiting to be reunited with their spouses/family. Some say 2016 filers could be looking at 2.5 years before getting an interview..that's quite frustrating :-( 

Thanks for sharing this information, you don't worry according to my knowledge and surveys and information F2-A category takes 18months to 24months most of the people (40% applicants) got their visas in their hand in 20months and (40%) got visa in 22months, (10%) are very lucky got visa in 18months and (9.99%) people got their visa in 24months and (0.01%) who under special circumstances got visa in 30months(2.5y) so just keep your fingers cross 🙂 Your case is on right track and smooth process..! 

Other thing is that we just need prayers..! 

2bonbon786....Yes praying the entire process stays under 2 years..1 year is almost over...thanks a lot for replying :) Hope you get NOA2 soon.. may God bless you too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.