akdiver

Scammed by my wife!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, much to my surprise, we got a notice via e-mail that "production of card has been ordered" for my wife's 10-year (unconditional) permanent resident card (we were not expecting such a notice until maybe June or so). It should be here in a week or so.

So far, there has been no discussion of divorce or dissatisfaction - and no sign of having been scammed by my wife. Just so you know (:

For us, this card really is not any big deal - it doesn't really DO anything for us, except mean that we do not have to deal with or concern ourselves with waiting on USCIS for a while. However, my wife relates that, on HER forum, the receipt of this card tends to be a big deal because it's what a lot of the women are waiting for, so they can divorce their husbands. It seems the gals are very well schooled on this point - when one of them starts to complain about something, the rest tell her to be quiet until she gets her 10 year PR card, and then get divorced.

The nice thing is that once we get this card in the mail, I can put all of our immigration papers and notebooks in the safe and we will not have to worry about any of this stuff for quite a while. That's nice because I can use the space on my bookshelf for something else (:

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, much to my surprise, we got a notice via e-mail that "production of card has been ordered" for my wife's 10-year (unconditional) permanent resident card (we were not expecting such a notice until maybe June or so). It should be here in a week or so.

Great news! Hopefully we have some coming, our new interview is April 11th. I'm optimistic that it will be better than the last time around. This is truly the month of Galina (April), as she is getting her driver's license, taking the GRE, and finally getting a green card.

Similar to Sat's debate, we have finally agreed to our travel plans this summer. I guess I won, we are spending the summer in Russia. (Galina wanted to stay here an work, what a party pooper).

So, I should be well prepared for Russian class in the fall. Starting in the fall, no English allowed in class....

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Great news! Hopefully we have some coming, our new interview is April 11th. I'm optimistic that it will be better than the last time around.
For AOS I assume. Good luck! (:
This is truly the month of Galina (April), as she is getting her driver's license, taking the GRE, and finally getting a green card.
That's a lot! (:

We just finished the second class in our grad program. We were conditionally admitted, with the GMAT waived, provided we got at least a B in the first two classes (12 credits). I'm happy to report we succeeded. Which is good, because I recently learned the GMAT costs $250 to take, so that saved us 500 smackers, not to mention the time, hassle, and stress of preparing for and taking the GMAT. Ugh. Glad we avoided that.

Similar to Sat's debate, we have finally agreed to our travel plans this summer. I guess I won, we are spending the summer in Russia. (Galina wanted to stay here an work, what a party pooper).
Not much of a debate here - more like a discussion. We were going to go to Honduras for two weeks, then we were going to buy a pop-up camper and drive around for two weeks, then we were going to just drive around for two weeks without a camper, and then we were not going to go anywhere and instead spend that time and money working on the house in between classes. Well, turns out there really isn't a "in between" classes, so now I dunno what we are going to do (:
So, I should be well prepared for Russian class in the fall. Starting in the fall, no English allowed in class....
I've pretty much given up on Russian classes after two semesters. I got As, but just don't have the time for it along with everything else. ):

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
We just finished the second class in our grad program. We were conditionally admitted, with the GMAT waived, provided we got at least a B in the first two classes (12 credits). I'm happy to report we succeeded. Which is good, because I recently learned the GMAT costs $250 to take, so that saved us 500 smackers, not to mention the time, hassle, and stress of preparing for and taking the GMAT. Ugh. Glad we avoided that.

GRE is a bargain at $130 then!

Man, I clicked on this forum expecting an international crime saga ala the bank-job-jump of '05, and all I got was this lousy "we're getting our 10 year card."

Well wouptidy-freakin-doo.

WHERE'S MY STORY???

Congrats, akdiver. Have fun in your travels. And if you don't know what to do for those two "off-weeks", may I suggest hanging out at the house, and doing the laundry.

Have fun, russ. I would assume after a summer in Russia, you'll be able to TEACH the Russian class!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Have fun, russ. I would assume after a summer in Russia, you'll be able to TEACH the Russian class!

My goals are a bit more humble, being prepared for conversational Russian class in the fall will be enough for me.

AK, it is time consuming and frustration (I only managed a B+), but I also skipped the first year of classes. I'm young and have my whole life to learn, so I might as well make time to do it now.

Man, I clicked on this forum expecting an international crime saga ala the bank-job-jump of '05, and all I got was this lousy "we're getting our 10 year card."

WHERE'S MY STORY???

LOL, so was I.

Congrats, akdiver!

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

As for scammers - you truly never know why someone divorces right away after getting their unconditional GC. I wouldn't say ALL of them are scammers. Alot of women end up coming here only to suffer abuse. I myself am a witness to that. By the time we are abused, some of us end up with children by the abuser. That child is a US citizen and in order for that child to return with us to our home country, our abusers need to sign permission for us to take our children. Any mother in her right mind will not abandon her child. So what will a loving mother do in order to preserve the bond that her and her child have formed? She will get her unconditional GC and do what she can to stay.

Now i do believe there are some serious scammers though but I'm not one of them. My husband and I met in 2003 and have been together ever since. My intent was real - not fake. I left everything that I had in order to be with him. However, once he returned form Iraq he turned out to be a narcissistic freak and mentally tortures me to no end. I am NOT allowed to work. I am not allowed to do much of anything. He is a 100% different person. I want to badly leave but in order to do so, I have to leave my 4-month-old baby behind. I can't do it. If i leave, i will never be able to see my daughter again.

So far, there has been no discussion of divorce or dissatisfaction - and no sign of having been scammed by my wife. Just so you know (:

For us, this card really is not any big deal - it doesn't really DO anything for us, except mean that we do not have to deal with or concern ourselves with waiting on USCIS for a while. However, my wife relates that, on HER forum, the receipt of this card tends to be a big deal because it's what a lot of the women are waiting for, so they can divorce their husbands. It seems the gals are very well schooled on this point - when one of them starts to complain about something, the rest tell her to be quiet until she gets her 10 year PR card, and then get divorced.

The nice thing is that once we get this card in the mail, I can put all of our immigration papers and notebooks in the safe and we will not have to worry about any of this stuff for quite a while. That's nice because I can use the space on my bookshelf for something else (:

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WHERE'S MY STORY???

Congrats, akdiver. Have fun in your travels. And if you don't know what to do for those two "off-weeks", may I suggest hanging out at the house, and doing the laundry.

I'm sorely disappointed also. Not the usual drama I have come to expect and love here...

Congrats anyway though! =)

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
As for scammers - you truly never know why someone divorces right away after getting their unconditional GC. I wouldn't say ALL of them are scammers. Alot of women end up coming here only to suffer abuse. I myself am a witness to that. By the time we are abused, some of us end up with children by the abuser. That child is a US citizen and in order for that child to return with us to our home country, our abusers need to sign permission for us to take our children. Any mother in her right mind will not abandon her child. So what will a loving mother do in order to preserve the bond that her and her child have formed? She will get her unconditional GC and do what she can to stay.

Now i do believe there are some serious scammers though but I'm not one of them. My husband and I met in 2003 and have been together ever since. My intent was real - not fake. I left everything that I had in order to be with him. However, once he returned form Iraq he turned out to be a narcissistic freak and mentally tortures me to no end. I am NOT allowed to work. I am not allowed to do much of anything. He is a 100% different person. I want to badly leave but in order to do so, I have to leave my 4-month-old baby behind. I can't do it. If i leave, i will never be able to see my daughter again.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Magnolia. I hope that everything will work out for you in the best way possible.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

Your wife is waiting for your pension to kick in to pull off the scam. I read it on the Russian wife forums.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

However, once he returned form Iraq he turned out to be a narcissistic freak and mentally tortures me to no end. I am NOT allowed to work. I am not allowed to do much of anything. He is a 100% different person. I want to badly leave but in order to do so, I have to leave my 4-month-old baby behind. I can't do it. If i leave, i will never be able to see my daughter again.

That is all types of messed up. First of all, if you leave you will be able to see your daughter again and you will be able to take her with you. Your husband (military, I'm assuming?) has serious medical problems and needs help! It's imperative that you get him the help he needs. It's also completely possible that he's 100% at work and around co-workers, etc., and nobody can tell he has problems but once he's at home he flips the switch. You might be the only person that knows about his condition. That means you may be the only one that can help.

Iraq messed up a whole lot of people. But, there are things you can do about your situation. Start with a trip to the post's Family Support center or even the Mental Health clinic. (Mental health clinics in the miliatary aren't "crazy hospitals", they're a place where people can go with family problems and get good counseling and suport.) You should talk to the chaplain or someone religious, they're always good at getting folks the help they need. Another thing you may want to do is approach his First Sergeant and ask about counseling or support groups. Also, you can talk to other wives from his unit or at the PX, somehwere, to find out where there's a good support group for this sort of thing because chances are, your husband isn't the only one doing this.

Get help ASAP, for you and for him. Who knows, you just may save your marriage in the process!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.