mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, thmohds said:

That's what I was thinking about, I saw they have available all the time there, it's about three hours away from me, but I think it's worth it at this point.  Thanks buddy.

I am surprised why no one is  using Dover, DE INFOPASS...there is absolutely no info about this office. do they even process the I-551 stamp?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations to all VSC applicants who got their cards. We CSC folks cannot help but envy you a little :)

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

18 minutes ago, babu_dandewala said:

I am surprised why no one is  using Dover, DE INFOPASS...there is absolutely no info about this office. do they even process the I-551 stamp?

Well, according to the website they suggest it. But I am not sure if we can use a different State office field. And I feel worried to take a day off from the work and drive 3 hours then find they won't do that for me. Btw, when I looked it up on google map, i found they have on it "Application support center", but in Philly they told me the stamp is from different office not "Application support center" so I am not sure whats going on

Edited by thmohds

3 minutes ago, thmohds said:

Well, according to the website they suggest it. But I am not sure if we can use a different State office field. And I feel worried to take a day off from the work and drive 3 hours then find they won't do that for me. Btw, when I looked it up on google map, i found they have on it "Application support center", but in Philly they told me the stamp is from different office not "Application support center" so I am not sure whats going on

yes, it is quite confusing. basically, philly is my county/state jurisdiction office. but there are no appt at philly. my lawyer said i can go to any office. now on further reading i am finding they ask for proof of address that you are in their jurisdiction...

Permanent residents with expiring or lost green cards must file an I-90 application for replacement. According to the USCIS, the current processing time for I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, is approximately 6 months.  However, it has been reported that some I-90 applications  are pending well beyond the 6 months.  The USCIS Field Operations Office attributes the delay to the fact that the National Benefits Center is understaffed and unable to handle the volume of I-90 applications. In an effort to resolve this issue, the USCIS has been forwarding applications to various local offices.

In the meantime, individuals with a pending I-90 application who are in need of evidence of their permanent resident status should obtain a temporary I-551 stamp in their passport.  The stamp is obtained at a local USCIS office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment and may be valid for up to one year.

To apply for an I-551 stamp, the following documentation is needed:

§  Valid passport;

§  InfoPass appointment notice (if applicable);

§  Form I-90 receipt notice;

§  Proof of residence within the jurisdiction of the USCIS office;

§  Copy of expired/lost green card (if available);

§  Documents evidencing the need for the I-551 stamp, if request is based on an emergency walk-in (i.e. flight itinerary, doctor’s letter or death certificate, along with evidence of the relationship to an ill or deceased relative; company letter if emergency travel is work-related, etc.);

§  Copy of date-stamped ASC appointment notice evidencing biometrics capture (if applicable).

The USCIS will typically issue the I-551 stamp with a validity period of 6 to 12 months. However, if the applicant’s passport expires prior to that time, the stamp will likely reflect the expiration date of the passport. Additionally, if biometrics have not yet been captured for the pending I-90, the office might further limit the validity period of the stamp to a period of 30 to 60 days.

Evidence of permanent resident status is essential for work, travel, or to obtain a state issued driver’s license. Therefore, if you have an I-90 application pending, you should obtain an I-551 stamp to avoid issues related to the above mentioned matters.

2 minutes ago, babu_dandewala said:

yes, it is quite confusing. basically, philly is my county/state jurisdiction office. but there are no appt at philly. my lawyer said i can go to any office. now on further reading i am finding they ask for proof of address that you are in their jurisdiction...

yeah, I see sometimes Pittsburgh has open appointments, but that's really far. Btw, someone told me that they have a machine in the center in Philly where you can try to make an appointment. You can check that.. it's just again I can't just drive there , it's far and need a day off

1 minute ago, thmohds said:

yeah, I see sometimes Pittsburgh has open appointments, but that's really far. Btw, someone told me that they have a machine in the center in Philly where you can try to make an appointment. You can check that.. it's just again I can't just drive there , it's far and need a day off

i saw at 8:45 am today appointments for 9:30 am and 10:00 am today at philly office. i am not sure who can go and drive up that quickly....

As far as I understand the appointments are added every midnight. For Dallas TX it happen to be at midnight CT. I didn't have too much luck with looking for appointment in the morning. So i checked right after midnight as one of the filers suggested and there it was the whole day of appointments waiting to be chosen. My appointment went fairly easy. I told her I'm looking for employment since i graduated recently and asked if it would be possible to get a whole year. She asked me to wait in the lobby and when I was called back one year stamp was on my passport. They didn't take my GC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is probably a stupid theory, but could it be that California is so ridiculously delayed because of politics? IYKWIM.

Hi everyone,

one stupid question: status changed from case was received straight to New card is being produced!!! While I am very happy with this, I am also surprised:

Does that mean the case was approved ?

Shouldnt I first get an approval notice ? 

How long would it normally take for the card to be produced ? How long for the mailing ?

thanks for any help !!!!

5 hours ago, lovethemidwest said:

Hi everyone,

one stupid question: status changed from case was received straight to New card is being produced!!! While I am very happy with this, I am also surprised:

Does that mean the case was approved ?

Shouldnt I first get an approval notice ? 

How long would it normally take for the card to be produced ? How long for the mailing ?

thanks for any help !!!!

As my favourite teacher used to say: "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask."

1. Yes, it means your case has been approved
  2. Your approval notice is probably in the mail, which takes time. The online update is immediate.
    1. Yes, obviously the system is set up to give updates throughout the process through USCIS
    2. However, the USCIS internal systems don't generate any automatic updates.
    3. Somehow, the card manufacturing internal systems DO generate automatic updates.
  3. Usually, the card production takes a few days to a week, at which point you will get another update saying "My Card has been mailed to me"
    1. The cards are mailed USPS Priority Post.
    2. There is a tracking number, but you won't get it automatically
    3. You can call USCIS and a tier 2 officer should be able to give you the tracking number (but they may not)
    4. It usually takes 1-2 weeks for the card to arrive after you get the "card has been mailed" update

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.