mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Calikitkat said:

Happy it worked for you. I had the same experience. I got to keep my green card. Too bad we have to give it up at the naturalization ceremony. But looking forward to that day.

Yes! ASAP, please!!! :D 

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

23 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

@Calikitkat,

It worked!

Also, there were plenty of people being turned down because they didn't have an appointment. The receptionist told the same thing to all of them: "check between 7 and 8.30am".

I now have an extension stamp on my passport (and she didn't take my resident card nor my extension letter). Very pleasant experience overall. Let's hope we don't need to get another stamp!

I've been checking for a month all day and night and from 6am to 9am, never saw one open in Philadelphia PA, it's insane... I see other offices having ones but they are 4 -6 hours away from me.

Anyway, have you had the chance to ask them about your case? and how long the stamp for?

thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, thmohds said:

I've been checking for a month all day and night and from 6am to 9am, never saw one open in Philadelphia PA, it's insane... I see other offices having ones but they are 4 -6 hours away from me.

Anyway, have you had the chance to ask them about your case? and how long the stamp for?

thanks

The stamp is good for a year.

I didn't ask much; she just said that they've been hiring people, and so it should pick up some speed and that I may be pleasantly surprised (I wish!), but that yes, we need to be patient and wait. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the appointments today! And I also did check for the longest time, but mainly at night.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Mu husbands 10-yr Green Card arrived today. Best wishes to all those outstanding.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Latest from the August Filers on 11/27

CSC 20% approved

VSC 91%

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

The stamp is good for a year.

I didn't ask much; she just said that they've been hiring people, and so it should pick up some speed and that I may be pleasantly surprised (I wish!), but that yes, we need to be patient and wait. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the appointments today! And I also did check for the longest time, but mainly at night.

How long did it take? say if you had appoint time of 9:00 when were you out? was the stamp put right there or do you have to give passport, documents, etc. Thanks in advance. I got my GC but they messed up DOB on my card, so need the I-551 for travel and later file I-90. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, babu_dandewala said:

How long did it take? say if you had appoint time of 9:00 when were you out? was the stamp put right there or do you have to give passport, documents, etc. Thanks in advance. I got my GC but they messed up DOB on my card, so need the I-551 for travel and later file I-90. 

It took about 40 minutes overall.

I was called up to a window almost straight away. I explained what I needed and why. She was very informed, and so am I, but I told her I travel internationally quite frequently, and that I didn't feel comfortable having to explain to airline employees that I do in fact still have a valid green card, despite the wording on the extension letter not being entirely clear.

She sent me to the check in desk to get "cleared" (right+left index finger print and picture), and then she told me to have a seat near her window, and that she would have called me again to get my passport (I left with her my GC, extension letter, and passport; everything was returned to me at the end). Sure enough, she called me up to the window, apologized for the delay, and showed me the stamp, valid for a year.

Best of luck, sorry they messed up your DOB, that's very annoying!

2 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

It took about 40 minutes overall.

I was called up to a window almost straight away. I explained what I needed and why. She was very informed, and so am I, but I told her I travel internationally quite frequently, and that I didn't feel comfortable having to explain to airline employees that I do in fact still have a valid green card, despite the wording on the extension letter not being entirely clear.

She sent me to the check in desk to get "cleared" (right+left index finger print and picture), and then she told me to have a seat near her window, and that she would have called me again to get my passport (I left with her my GC, extension letter, and passport; everything was returned to me at the end). Sure enough, she called me up to the window, apologized for the delay, and showed me the stamp, valid for a year.

Best of luck, sorry they messed up your DOB, that's very annoying!

Thank you for responding. I am a bit confused now, spoke with USCIS agent who mentioned that I have to submit my GC along with application after which they will give me a receipt number. I can take that receipt number and get the stamp. btw which INFOPASS center did you go to? i am planning to go to a different state (Delaware) since philly has no appointments.

Edited by babu_dandewala

18 hours ago, thmohds said:

thanks

did you try Dover, DE? check now, they still have appointments. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, babu_dandewala said:

Thank you for responding. I am a bit confused now, spoke with USCIS agent who mentioned that I have to submit my GC along with application after which they will give me a receipt number. I can take that receipt number and get the stamp. btw which INFOPASS center did you go to? i am planning to go to a different state (Delaware) since philly has no appointments.

I suggest you keep checking (between 7 and 8.30am, as suggested by others here, as well as people at the USCIS Service Center). It took me about a month to find one, although I wasn't as serious initially to get one as I was this past week.

Did you speak with someone at your field office or a Tier 1 person at their customer care? Either way, once you have the appointment, you physically get to the service center, and the procedure goes as I mentioned a couple of posts up.

I wanted to update everyone that I received my card yesterday. It has been a long journey and I couldn't have endured the wait without all of you VJers' support. I am extremely grateful and want to say big Thank You!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

I wanted to update everyone that I received my card yesterday. It has been a long journey and I couldn't have endured the wait without all of you VJers' support. I am extremely grateful and want to say big Thank You!

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.