7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My wife and I filed for I-130 to Phoenix Lock box, My case was transferred to Texas Service Center.

I just received my Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) i.e. approval of my case.

The letter attached has the following statement.
'Your above petition is approved. Your Case has been transferred to NVC, which process the case which needs the consular action, it also determines which consular post is appropriate and then will send your case to that consulate."

Can anyone guide me what is the "Consular action" mentioned there. Also guide me what is the process after the NOA 2 approval and what is a form DS-260

Thank You

Hi,

My wife and I filed for I-130 to Phoenix Lock box, My case was transferred to Texas Service Center.

I just received my Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) i.e. approval of my case.

The letter attached has the following statement.

'Your above petition is approved. Your Case has been transferred to NVC, which process the case which needs the consular action, it also determines which consular post is appropriate and then will send your case to that consulate."

Can anyone guide me what is the "Consular action" mentioned there. Also guide me what is the process after the NOA 2 approval and what is a form DS-260

Thank You

DS-260 is an online visa application form which is completed, digitally signed, and submitted online. Consular action means the beginning of your process with the Embassy but before it goes to the Embassy you have to go through the NVC process and paying your fees. the Affidavit of Support Fee and the Visa Application Fee. Hope this helps. Good luck and all the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Next you will get notice from NVC with embassy case number

you will also get 2 notices to pay (online is best) the AOS and visa application bills

then fill out the forms after payment is received's

you will also get requests for any additional documents needed by NVC such as the beneficiary criminal investigation report(s)

important to submit all needed documents at the same time with new case number and names and DOB's in upper right hand corner of each and every page with the bar code page they will be providing

after NVC recieves all payments and documents the case is reviewed and when approved at this step,,it is sent to embassy for interview with request to bring in any further needed documents

ultimately the embassy has the final say for the visa application

if approved embassy keeps the passport and prepares the visa packet and the visa fee is to be paid / it was $165 but will soon increase as all fees are going up

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please read the Wiki guide in the NVC process located here http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Please also select the guide from the list located here that is most appropriate for you http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

They will help you to get through the process quickly and with less likelihood of mistakes and setbacks.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Please read the Wiki guide in the NVC process located here http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Please also select the guide from the list located here that is most appropriate for you http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

They will help you to get through the process quickly and with less likelihood of mistakes and setbacks.

Thank you so much its very helpful!

Edited by shyderalirizvi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.