JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Ybhamster said:

Can you be more specific?

sorry i meant how do you cancel the petition?

11/14/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/17/17 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/22/17 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC - Notice Date

11/26/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Nico22 said:

how do you cancel the papers?

If you wish to withdraw your I-129F you would simply write a letter and sign it stating that you wish to do so.

attach a copy of your NOA 1 and you should see an update at the USCIS website. 

Letter would then be sent to CSC.

Are you thinking of CR-1 instead or just curious?

Jim

Edited by JimJesDuma

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

4 minutes ago, Nico22 said:

sorry i meant how do you cancel the petition?

Just send a request to USCIS to withdraw your petition. You can call them and tell them ahead of time that you are sending the request. The request just needs to state who you are, the case number, and that you are withdrawing the petition. A reason is not necessary. Be sure to sign and date the letter, and also provide evidence of your identity (I think name and passport number would be sufficient). Sending a copy of your NOA1 also helps.

If the petition has been sent to the embassy, then make a second copy and send it to the embassy as well.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimJesDuma said:

If you wish to withdraw your I-129F you would simply write a letter and sign it stating that you wish to do so.

attach a copy of your NOA 1 and you should see an update at the USCIS website.

Are you thinking of CR-1 instead or just curious?

Jim

Thanks for the info Jim, and Nope i just want to cancel the petition. I guess my Fiance got cold feet. That's about it.

11/14/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/17/17 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/22/17 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC - Notice Date

11/26/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline
Just now, amye said:

Yes!  I was trying to do this alone with my fiancé until today!  This is going to be incredibly helpful!!!

Welcome Amye! This thread and website is a great place for support and information. Your fiancé and you and share an account so both you receive the information and can be involved in the support receive and feel included in the entire process.

It would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline for the group and VJ so that the processing times can become "more" accurate than they are at this time. Your NOA 1 date is the notice date you received on your I-797 that you received and your service center for your petitition should be California if your reference number given starts with WAC.

Thanks!

11/18/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/19/16 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/28/16 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC

12/02/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ybhamster said:

Welcome Amye! This thread and website is a great place for support and information. Your fiancé and you and share an account so both you receive the information and can be involved in the support receive and feel included in the entire process.

It would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline for the group and VJ so that the processing times can become "more" accurate than they are at this time. Your NOA 1 date is the notice date you received on your I-797 that you received and your service center for your petitition should be California if your reference number given starts with WAC.

Thanks!

I tried my best to do it already but clearly there are some things I'm not quite understanding.  I'll try to fix it now.

23/11/16:  I-129F mailed

28/11/16:  NOA1 Email received

Timeline
18 minutes ago, amye said:

Yes!  I was trying to do this alone with my fiancé until today!  This is going to be incredibly helpful!!!

Well the good thing is there won't be much culture shock coming from Canada a'..hehe

Other benefit is you can easily visit each other assuming travel finances are available.

Most of us have fiance(e) that are not normally allowed into USA without visa and are across one of our coastal oceans.

Welcome to the journey.

Jim

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimJesDuma said:

Well the good thing is there won't be much culture shock coming from Canada a'..hehe

Other benefit is you can easily visit each other assuming travel finances are available.

Most of us have fiance(e) that are not normally allowed into USA without visa and are across one of our coastal oceans.

Welcome to the journey.

Jim

Yeah, that's news to me.  On my own, I read they didn't recommend trying to cross the border so I thought I wouldn't be able to see my partner for 6-8 months which is brutal.  We had thought we would be getting our NOA2 last week and that we would go to Montreal for the interview in two to three months time but today has taught me that's way off.  I think I will plan a trip there now.  Any recommendations on how to not get denied entry at the border?

23/11/16:  I-129F mailed

28/11/16:  NOA1 Email received

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nico22 said:

Thanks for the info Jim, and Nope i just want to cancel the petition. I guess my Fiance got cold feet. That's about it.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that Nico, you have been  with us for so long here to. Just when the questions/stats came up about cold feet and here it is.

Having had a prior relationship with K-1 that went bust i completely understand. It is far better that it happen now instead of when they are already here.

Let us know if they respond in letter format to tell you withdraw acknowledged and when you see any update on the USCIS website.

Again sorry to hear this. I'm sure it's not an easy time for you.

PM me anytime.

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, JimJesDuma said:

Hahaha..."Garbage" boy ain't that the truth Vogann.

I mean seriously.. VJ processing times show that they are working on December cases, while only 1-2% of November have been processed.

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Nico22 said:

That sucks , better now than later .

Timeline
2 minutes ago, amye said:

Yeah, that's news to me.  On my own, I read they didn't recommend trying to cross the border so I thought I wouldn't be able to see my partner for 6-8 months which is brutal.  We had thought we would be getting our NOA2 last week and that we would go to Montreal for the interview in two to three months time but today has taught me that's way off.  I think I will plan a trip there now.  Any recommendations on how to not get denied entry at the border?

Welcome. :)  My fiancé is Canadian.  So far, I have made all of the trips to Canada since our engagement, as I have more vacation than he does (I am a teacher).  We weren't planning to have him come here until he had the visa, but since it looks like we're settling in for a very long wait, we have been doing some research.  We found a few suggestions for crossing the border:

1) A letter from your employer showing that you are due back to work on a particular date.

2) If you are renting, a copy of your lease showing that it extends to a certain date.  If you own a home, a copy of your mortgage.

3) If you have children who will be staying with someone or a pet at a boarding kennel, a letter from the caretaker saying when you will return.

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, amye said:

1.) Give boarder agent as little info as possible, never talk too much.

2.) Never lie even the slightest.

3.) Hopefully other Canadian couples can share their recommendations.

Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.