11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

So we received our NOA2 last week and now we are waiting for the NVC letter from the mail. I am on a process of getting my paper work together so I can send it to my fiancé back in the Philippines. My questions are about the affidavit of support, I don't have any properties that I owned first of all, I do have checking and savings account thru a regular bank. The question is, would that be an issue if I make the affidavit of support myself? I do have a full time job and I have been working for the last 10 years and I have been above poverty level for the last 8 years. I have a regular checking and savings account, but my problem is I don't really have money on my savings account, would that be an issue if they check? I get my regular pay check thru direct deposit so I always have money on my checking account, I just don't have money saved up on my savings account, sorry I was young and didn't really think about saving money :). Do I need another person on our Affidavit of Support? or my income is good enough for the application. Thank you for the help.

The embassy won't be looking at your checking account nor your savings account. They may look at your current sustained income. That is why you'll want to complete your I-134 and back it up with your 2015 income tax return and your 2015 W-2 (or your 2015 tax transcript), and some current pay stubs. A letter from your employer wouldn't hurt either.

If your income exceeds 125% of the poverty level for your household size, you won't have any problem.

On a side note, the U.S. Embassy Manila has not been asking many K-1 applicants to submit their petitioner's I-134 nor their income tax return. However, the applicant will want to have it in case they are asked to submit it.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

So my issue is that last year, I was in a masters program and worked part-time for half the year. According to my 2015 earnings, I broke through the 100% cut-off but not the 125% cut-off. However, after graduation I landed a full-time offer at the same place in April,2016 for $90k which is more than enough to cover 125%. Will there be any scrutiny over this as to my earning stability?

Edited by kris_hetfield

So my issue is that last year, I was in a masters program and worked part-time for half the year. According to my 2015 earnings, I broke through the 100% cut-off but not the 125% cut-off. However, after graduation I landed a full-time offer at the same place in April,2016 for $90k which is more than enough to cover 125%. Will there be any scrutiny over this as to my earning stability?

Can we do without the employer letter!!!? My fiancé works for his family business and they don't have company letterheads

Your questions may very well be embassy specific. My previous post is directed toward the U.S. Embassy Manila.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They tend to be understanding about having been a student, then graduating and starting your career. Explaining you are a recent graduate that began your full-time permanent position in April 2016 earning well more than the 125% income requirement for sponsorship, along with letter from employer and last 6 months of pay stubs should do it.

Can we do without the employer letter!!!? My fiancé works for his family business and they don't have company letterheads

No one has to provide a letter from employer. That is just one form of documentation to prove your current annual income. London definitely does not need several different ways to prove it. If your most recent taxes and/or recent pay stubs prove it, then one or both of those will do.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

By the way how much is the income needed to be above 125% my finacee is living all alone. We are in our process of getting this docs together as wll while waiting for oir Manila case number.

By the way how much is the income needed to be above 125% my finacee is living all alone. We are in our process of getting this docs together as wll while waiting for oir Manila case number.

What is your household size? Do you have any children under 21? Is your fiancee bringing over any children? Any other dependents?

Google the poverty guidelines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They tend to be understanding about having been a student, then graduating and starting your career. Explaining you are a recent graduate that began your full-time permanent position in April 2016 earning well more than the 125% income requirement for sponsorship, along with letter from employer and last 6 months of pay stubs should do it.

No one has to provide a letter from employer. That is just one form of documentation to prove your current annual income. London definitely does not need several different ways to prove it. If your most recent taxes and/or recent pay stubs prove it, then one or both of those will do.

Thank you! I just keep seeing this 'employment letter' everywhere like it is a must. Glad to know it is not needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.