AandD

N-400 October 2016 Filers

1,805 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, MaryAnn18 said:

Yes. I am Memphis filer. I did apply for mine at the  end of the March (not sure what date, have to check it out).

Gotcha. When did you get fingerprinted? Unfortunately, my oath ceremony was cancelled due to inclement weather so I am waiting for my rescheduled ceremony. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, Lynyogini said:

Gotcha. When did you get fingerprinted? Unfortunately, my oath ceremony was cancelled due to inclement weather so I am waiting for my rescheduled ceremony. 

I don't remember the exact date of my fingerprints, but it was super fast, like 2 weeks after I applied as I recall it right. And 2 weeks after my application and fingerprints were processed, I "went" on the line to be scheduled for the interview, it was April 27. 

I am happy for your successful interview. About oath... yes, this snow made a lot of delays in the south. You will get there. Soon, you will be a naturalized American, that will make you feel good! 

On 1/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, fileOct2016 said:

Hi 

Here are my case details applied in Houston, Texas 

10/11/2016 Applied for N-400, Application for Naturalization 
10/13/2016 USCIS received Form N-400, Application for Naturalization 
10/24/2016 USCIS scheduled for a fingerprint (Biometrics) 
11/09/2016 Biometrics done 

My online status still says "On October 24, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment". I contacted everyone my area Congressman, Senator, Ombudsman but all they say is "USCIS is unable to provide a specific time frame for resolution of the case". I called USCIS 800 number and they say my case is still within Priority date which currently is September 3, 2016 and so will not open a service request. 

I am kind of stuck now please let me know what other options do I have. I was not expecting that long of a time I have other folks who applied after me and they already got there passports. It's very frustrating. 

Thanks

Today in mail I received a printed letter asking me to come for N-400 interview and ask for an officer whose name is printed on the letter. It's not printed on official uscis letter rather printed thru printer and sent from houston uscis field office. It does mention the date/time and mentioned to bring my greencard and passports. Feb 9th is when my Biometrics will be 15 months and the letter they sent is to meet on Feb 8th just one day before my FP turns 15 months. My online status still shows "On October 24, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment" but now this letter. Want to check if it is normal to receive a printed letter with officer name listed along with date/time for asking for N-400 interview.  I am just confused do I need to talk to an attorney or did anyone else ever been in such situation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, fileOct2016 said:

Today in mail I received a printed letter asking me to come for N-400 interview and ask for an officer whose name is printed on the letter. It's not printed on official uscis letter rather printed thru printer and sent from houston uscis field office. It does mention the date/time and mentioned to bring my greencard and passports. Feb 9th is when my Biometrics will be 15 months and the letter they sent is to meet on Feb 8th just one day before my FP turns 15 months. My online status still shows "On October 24, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment" but now this letter. Want to check if it is normal to receive a printed letter with officer name listed along with date/time for asking for N-400 interview.  I am just confused do I need to talk to an attorney or did anyone else ever been in such situation.

There's absolutely no need for an attorney. They will only get your money for "checking by email".
Just follow the instructions in that letter, and go in there FULLY prepared to pass your interview, that means, have all of your documentation ready (and updated, if anything has changed since you originally filed your application) and be ready to answer correctly those 6 questions.

The worst thing that you can do is to believe that the interview is for something else other that your citizenship interview (which may be, by the way, but there's no need to worry unnecessarily). Please do not be misled by the paper in which that letter is printed.
If it has a date, time, location and name of an interviewing officer, Please do yourself a favor: relax a little bit and go fully prepared to pass.

Best of Luck!

11 hours ago, MaryAnn18 said:

How many weeks before your interview did you see the changes on the website? I am just curious how many weeks will I have to study for my exam :) thank you

I received a notice in the mail a month before my interview. :) 

21 hours ago, MaryAnn18 said:

ok, so I can see it online earlier, I hope.

Did you get any news from them yet?

They will normally give you enough time to study. And, yes, I did! My oath ceremony will be in two and a half weeks and it's closer to where I live!!! Hoping for a great weather this time! 

Edited by Lynyogini

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question regarding RFE after the N-400 interview. I have passes my interview but left with No Decision cannot be made. After several months I have got an RFE asking for Tax Transcripts. Is this normal? Do you think I will be approved after I sent the tax transcripts? Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, eltutti said:

Anyone?

You've asked your question in a thread that is for the most part wound-up. The people that filed in October of 2016 are on the whole through the process and have moved on, or have never come back to update the spreadsheet.

You haven't got a completed timeline, when did you file? There is very likely a specific thread for that month and year as well.

You would do better, and likely get some responses, if you make a new post in the  Us Citizenship General Discussion Forum. I'll give you the link here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/114-us-citizenship-general-discussion/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes I had same experience , passed my interview and was asked to submit my tax and 3 years worth of document detailing my marriage from A to Z , which I did and luckily got my oat letter 2 weeks after I submitted the requested document . Make sure you send everything as asked and hope for the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, cdneh said:

You've asked your question in a thread that is for the most part wound-up. The people that filed in October of 2016 are on the whole through the process and have moved on, or have never come back to update the spreadsheet.

You haven't got a completed timeline, when did you file? There is very likely a specific thread for that month and year as well.

You would do better, and likely get some responses, if you make a new post in the  Us Citizenship General Discussion Forum. I'll give you the link here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/114-us-citizenship-general-discussion/

Yes I had same experience , passed my interview and was asked to submit my tax and 3 years worth of document detailing my marriage from A to Z , which I did and luckily got my oat letter 2 weeks after I submitted the requested document . Make sure you send everything as asked and hope for the best.

9 hours ago, eltutti said:

Anyone?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.