ss85

Should i withdraw my K1 application?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

I filled a k1 petition for my fiancé at the time last year July 2015 and he had his interview december 14th and was denied under 221g. Ou petition has since been under administrative processing since december until now. It has been 9months now. W e got married in january of this year and went ahead and filled i-130 petition in April. I received the approval september 12th and received a letter that it's being sent to the NVC.

I know that the k1 is no longer valid since we got married. Were we supposed to withdraw the k1 before filling the i-130? If yes, what should we do now since we have already started this process.

Just incase you are wondering why we got married so quickly, my fiancé then, now my husband was residing in London before his interview in ghana and i visited him three times last year. The CO asked him several times why we didn't just get married when i visited and do our wedding ceremony here in the states. My husband gave him plenty of reasons but the CO INSISTED we should have done that. So we figured if thats the reason for denial, then if we reapply for k1, that will be the same case so www just went ahead and did our ordinance marriage in ghana which we are now in the process of planning or wedding ceremony for september 2017. Please if anyone has any advice for me, please feel free to give me your input. Thank you very much in advance

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes you should go ahead and withdraw your petition, write a letter including all the details to the embassy that has your K1 file. Also, send a copy of the letter you provide to the embassy to the NVC and the service center that processed your petition.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Timeline

Yes you should go ahead and withdraw your petition, write a letter including all the details to the embassy that has your K1 file. Also, send a copy of the letter you provide to the embassy to the NVC and the service center that processed your petition.

Is it necessary to add the reason for the withdraw? or can i just send something as simple as this?

US Embassy in XXXX

I hereby notify you that I no longer want to proceed with the processing of the fiancee petition - case number XXX000000, beneficiary name XX, DOB XXX, address XXXX.

Signed

petitioner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ss85, My husband's K1 was also denied in Ghana, so we got married and are now in the NVC phase of a CR1 visa. I sent a simple letter to the service center asking to withdraw my K1. The letter included our names, birthdays, case number and a little explanation that we had been denied and planned to persue a CR1 visa. I think it took about 3 months to get a mail confirmation that it was canceled. I plan to give the letter to my hubby for the interview just incase they claim it's still active. (You never know with this embassy.)

Good luck! By the way, it looks like we're on the same timeline. Hopefully we can both get through the next two phases quickly and smoothly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ours expired and we did nothing about it. We got married , filed for CR-1 and we are waiting for interview date... so if you haven't received a letter saying it will expire, then go ahead and withdraw or cancel.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Ours expired and we did nothing about it. We got married , filed for CR-1 and we are waiting for interview date... so if you haven't received a letter saying it will expire, then go ahead and withdraw or cancel.

so you waited for your to expire before you filed the 130?

Timeline

so you waited for your to expire before you filed the 130?

We didn't intentionally wait for it to expire. We had to regroup and plan for our wedding and the petition expired within that period.

I contacted my congressman to find out the cause of the denial after the case file had been returned to the U.S.

But since yours hasn't expired, it is best to withdraw it, if you know the reason of the denial. And if you aren't quite sure of why you were denied then wait for it to get back to the U.S. and find out why before refiling.

I learned that bombarding the embassy with several emails about your case gets them to return it faster. At least it worked for one person i know.

Good luck to you!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

We didn't intentionally wait for it to expire. We had to regroup and plan for our wedding and the petition expired within that period.

I contacted my congressman to find out the cause of the denial after the case file had been returned to the U.S.

But since yours hasn't expired, it is best to withdraw it, if you know the reason of the denial. And if you aren't quite sure of why you were denied then wait for it to get back to the U.S. and find out why before refiling.

I learned that bombarding the embassy with several emails about your case gets them to return it faster. At least it worked for one person i know.

Good luck to you!

We already filed though. I-130 is now at the NVC level. I guess ill just go ahead and withdraw the K1. We haven't been officially denied because it is still in administrative processing.

Timeline

We already filed though. I-130 is now at the NVC level. I guess ill just go ahead and withdraw the K1. We haven't been officially denied because it is still in administrative processing.

Then withdraw the K-1 petition, ASAP before your I-130 case gets to Ghana.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

Then withdraw the K-1 petition, ASAP before your I-130 case gets to Ghana.

Ok. Thank you very much. Do i have to notarize it? or my signature alone is enough? should i send it to USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.