Sanju & Nagu

Supervisor's Attention after 6 weeks passed (As given time to review)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

After we got RFE from NVC, we have sent all the required documents in proper way on Aug 6th. NVC has received the documents on Aug12. When I called NVC, I was told it would take up to 6 weeks to review the documents and by last Friday (Sep23, 2016) the six weeks were completed but we haven't gotten any updates on our case.

I was told our case in supervisor's attention, when I called NVC this morning. Does any one have ideas how long it will take to review our case ?

Please share your ideas and thoughts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

All you can do is wait.Every case is different and it depends on your case.I think you should be getting a response anytime soon.No one here can tell you how long it will take.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Call and ask when your case was sent to supervisor review; when it's sent there, another six weeks starts over again and it doesn't matter what your first or second scan date was. Honestly, what we have seen is that it's possible for this to become a seemingly neverending cycle; something isn't reviewed within six weeks so they send it again for supervisor review which starts another six weeks. However, it seems like the majority of cases are decided before the six weeks of the first supervisor review is up.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Timeline

Call and ask when your case was sent to supervisor review; when it's sent there, another six weeks starts over again and it doesn't matter what your first or second scan date was. Honestly, what we have seen is that it's possible for this to become a seemingly neverending cycle; something isn't reviewed within six weeks so they send it again for supervisor review which starts another six weeks. However, it seems like the majority of cases are decided before the six weeks of the first supervisor review is up.

I called the NVC and asked them when I can expect to complete to review the case, the representative said the case is now in supervisor's attention and it may take up to 6 six weeks.

Can you help me how I can contact ( "US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)" details and what I need to tell him) ?

Timeline

I am from Denver. Which US representative I can contact ?

Timeline

I am from Denver. Which US representative I can contact ?

You'll have to google it.

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

12/09/16 POE Seattle

5/2017 Our baby is due

Timeline

We handed our paperwork in scan date June 8 to NVC. We had a check listed missed a date on one paperwork. Also I have two cases so I was thinking since it's my husband and daughter they would some how be linked. Boy was I wrong or incorrect. They wanted our financial AOS with hers also. So we did not find this out until 17 of July got it all worked out even though they could have used or copied my husbands paperwork for the finances. New scan date was July 19 and 20th for our daughter. They said it would take 30-42 days. Called on August 31 42 days later and representative said call end of week they still have midnight tonight to review this. Called on September 2. Got my husband paperwork in supervisor review. They told me 6 weeks. I called on 3rd week to check and found out our daughters had not been even looked at or put into supervisor review. Another 6 weeks added on us. She was now on supervisor review. The person told me that there was a little movement on my husbands case. Also when I called on September 2 the one that I talked too knew about a little glitch in the system that happen in July but failed to tell me so I at the time. I did not even bothering looking at our daughters because I was so disappointed. But silly me thinking these cases were link some how. Obviously they are not and should be handled as two different cases. But I was told they would go to interview together. Once that happens if ever.

We been waiting since January of this year to get this our cased closed. So 3 weeks will be October 14 for our daughters. I will call a week before this and see if anything is happening.

We handed our paperwork in scan date June 8 to NVC. We had a check listed missed a date on one paperwork. Also I have two cases so I was thinking since it's my husband and daughter they would some how be linked. Boy was I wrong or incorrect. They wanted our financial AOS with hers also. So we did not find this out until 17 of July got it all worked out even though they could have used or copied my husbands paperwork for the finances. New scan date was July 19 and 20th for our daughter. They said it would take 30-42 days. Called on August 31 42 days later and representative said call end of week they still have midnight tonight to review this. Called on September 2. Got my husband paperwork in supervisor review. They told me 6 weeks. I called on 3rd week to check and found out our daughters had not been even looked at or put into supervisor review. Another 6 weeks added on us. She was now on supervisor review. The person told me that there was a little movement on my husbands case. Also when I called on September 2 the one that I talked too knew about a little glitch in the system that happen in July but failed to tell me so I at the time. I did not even bothering looking at our daughters because I was so disappointed. But silly me thinking these cases were link some how. Obviously they are not and should be handled as two different cases. But I was told they would go to interview together. Once that happens if ever.

We been waiting since January of this year to get this our cased closed. So 3 weeks will be October 14 for our daughters. I will call a week before this and see if anything is happening.

Timeline

Sorry not sure why it repeated itself. But I can't seem to fix it and hopefully you get the idea of what we have been going through.

Just wondering if it would be worth it to even get my congressman involved???

Timeline

It doesn't look like you have applied for expedite. I haven't done that so I'm far from an expert, but they do list keeping a family's cases together as a reason for expedite, so I think I would try that first.

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

12/09/16 POE Seattle

5/2017 Our baby is due

Timeline

It doesn't look like you have applied for expedite. I haven't done that so I'm far from an expert, but they do list keeping a family's cases together as a reason for expedite, so I think I would try that first.

Where & how can I apply for expedite ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.