Dharone17

NVC welcome letter received

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No the AOS does not have to be processed first. They are independent of each other.

Really? Have things changed? The AOS fee of $120 does not to be paid before the Immigrant visa fee of $325 is made available on the CEAC website?

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Really? Have things changed? The AOS fee of $120 does not to be paid before the Immigrant visa fee of $325 is made available on the CEAC website?

It never has, it's just that the AOS normally becomes available first and always has unless a lawyer is involved. The DS-261 generally slows down the IV fee.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Should i pick myself as choice of agent or should i just wait till my lawyer does it?. She said she will handle it i just need to pay the fees and send the aos. The aos was available right away. I was trying to pay both the same time but tge iv is not available yet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It never has, it's just that the AOS normally becomes available first and always has unless a lawyer is involved. The DS-261 generally slows down the IV fee.

Interesting

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Should i pick myself as choice of agent or should i just wait till my lawyer does it?. She said she will handle it i just need to pay the fees and send the aos. The aos was available right away. I was trying to pay both the same time but tge iv is not available yet

You pay your lawyer for a reason I assume. I'm a little surprised that the IV fee wasn't immediate. Did you have the lawyer with the I-130?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

When i filed for I 130 i did it all she did was filled it up signed and told me what documents to send. Then now i told her that we have received the nvc letter she told me to just pay the fees and send the aos then when i pay the IV she will do it with my husband. I mentioned her about the choice of agent think and she said that thats her and dont worry about it.

She did fill up the i13o and the g25, but i am the one who send everything, she guided us and help us gather our documents pretty much it. Now she will help filling uo online on ds260 with my husband once the iv bill is paid. I already called nvc and chose me as choice of agent because its holding us up. It will take 3 weeks for them to review that since i was on the phone with them yesterday they already confirmed me and only 1 week for them to review. Hopefully the iv bill will be available soon so i can pay it soon

no...

I do NOT mean the I-130 and G-325a. I mean a form called a G-28 (Sorry I wrote g-25 originally!) which names her as the lawyer representing you at the USCIS and transfers to the NVC.

If she had done that, your IV fee would have been available ASAP and the DS-261 never would have showed up in the system.

No she did nort fill up that one. I already called nvc and chose myself to be choice of agent and confirmed with them so that will take only a week to review from nvc vs 3 weeks if i chose my atty. Im just waiting for the iv bill to be available so i can pay

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I checked on uscis apps yesterday and I saw it there that they have sent our approved to the department of state(NVC) since on 28th of September,2016.so does that mean it should be delivered to NVC sometimes in next week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.