7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I received a 10 year green card yesterday while i was supposed to receive a 2 year conditional one.

I called USCIS and waited for 3 hours to talk to an officer. She said i was right. USCIS made mistake issuing me 10 year green card. and its good to notify them. Also i was told to keep my 10 year card for now and wait for the instruction letter in the mail in 15 days.

My concern is that I'm planning on joining the military. Can i use this 10 year green card for the purpose of proofing my status or do i have to wait for the correct card to come?

You are a LPR whether or not you have a plastic Greencard. You should turn in your 10-year card with the form I-90 and ask USCIS to replace it with a 2-year one (no fee on the form because it is USCIS error). In the meantime, you can get a stamp in your passport that proves you are a LPR that should work for the military. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any idea how long its gonna take? The officer specifically told me not to send this current card anywhere. I have to wait for instruction. ?

You can look at I-90 processing time on uscis.gov I think.

The people you call are notorious for giving out bad info.

In the meantime, as I said, you can get the stamp in your passport via INFOPASS.

You could wait 2 weeks for these "instructions" though; no biggie.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any idea how long its gonna take? The officer specifically told me not to send this current card anywhere. I have to wait for instruction. ?

I also return my 10yr gc last august submitted the I90 and until now have not receive any message from them.. They just used my previous biometric.. They' ve said it takes 6mos hopefully..

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have a stamp on your passport?

Not yet... I just used my gc when i visited philippines last May and return the gc when i got back here..

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.