Valkyrja

90 days since USCIS received RFE...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Iceland
Timeline

We filed February 22, 2016. Long story short, after biometrics for AOS and EAD, I sent in a service request for the EAD after 90 day wait. That triggered an RFE which was unexpected. Apparently the attorney didn't send in ANY financial info and we ended up firing them and sending it in, ourselves. We got the RFE notice on May 26 and sent in the paperwork (after fighting with lawyers and requesting our original paperwork from them). They had the financials, just didn't send them in, because they said we were going to get an RFE anyway! The RFE was only asking for financials. I've been checking status and everyone around is has already received their green cards.

USCIS received our RFE documentation on June 8, 2016. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I sent in a service request and we received the EAD. It's now been 90 days since they received the RFE documentation and nothing yet. Our former attorney told us the RFE doesn't stop the case, but in the paperwork USCIS sent, it specifically states that work will be resumed on our case, once they get the info.

I sent in another service request on September 1, 2016 and they said we would have a response to that by September 14. I plan on calling September 14, if I haven't heard anything by then.

How long does it normally take for an interview after they accept your RFE. It obviously went through, and provided everything they wanted, or we wouldn't have gotten the EAD, right? We're on a time crunch as my father in law has cancer and we'd like to go visit him. We didn't file for AP because he just found out, and it is bad.

I also sent a letter to one of our congressmen, yesterday, and also filed with the Ombudsmen about a month ago, who said they were working on it and he'd get back to us if anything came up.

Thanks for the help.

When you get the interview depends on the business of your local office. You can't make them speed up if they don't have time to give you an interview yet. You can check how long they are taking to process I-485 on the USCIS website.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from WST-based Process to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

~inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

USCIS received response to my RFE on March 17, 2016 (Updated on their website). I received combo EAD + AP almost 10 days later. Since then, my case status shows RFE response received and it has almost six months i have not received either interview notice or case status update. My local office is Buffalo, NY and it is processing cases till Feb 10, 2016 as of June 30 while i filed on 25th January 2016. I'm getting worried now and i've received no real help or insights till now on this forum regarding this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Timeline

USCIS received response to my RFE on March 17, 2016 (Updated on their website). I received combo EAD + AP almost 10 days later. Since then, my case status shows RFE response received and it has almost six months i have not received either interview notice or case status update. My local office is Buffalo, NY and it is processing cases till Feb 10, 2016 as of June 30 while i filed on 25th January 2016. I'm getting worried now and i've received no real help or insights till now on this forum regarding this.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know. And I don't know how to tell if ours is still at the NBC, or if it's been moved to OKC. OKC hasn't updated their status in months. It's showing they're working on cases from November 2015, and it's been like that since at least April. This is so frustrating!

Timeline

I don't know. And I don't know how to tell if ours is still at the NBC, or if it's been moved to OKC. OKC hasn't updated their status in months. It's showing they're working on cases from November 2015, and it's been like that since at least April. This is so frustrating!

Well, let's see if some members on this forum can help us out. My lawyer says that the field office won't send out interview notice unless the PD is current. As per October 2016 bulletin, my PD is current. I am waiting to find out if what my lawyer said is true.

Timeline

Well, let's see if some members on this forum can help us out. My lawyer says that the field office won't send out interview notice unless the PD is current. As per October 2016 bulletin, my PD is current. I am waiting to find out if what my lawyer said is true.

I'm not sure what the Priority Date means? Our priority date is 2-22-16, which is the same date it was filed. What does that mean?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I'm not sure what the Priority Date means? Our priority date is 2-22-16, which is the same date it was filed. What does that mean?

If the spouse is a USC, Priority Date does not matter.

File for AP ASAP. It's free if you include a copy of the NOA1 for the I-485. Then get a doctor's letter about the cancer, set up an Infopass and request an Emergency Advance Parole.

They may or may not charge you for this (I believe they won't if you already received the NOA1 for the I-131.)

Edited by EM_Vandaveer

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

Hi guys, any update on this? I did response to RFE 30 days ago and no update. I was expecting it to change to "ready to schedule the interview"

No nothing at all, my status still shows RFE response received on March 17, 2016. I am expecting atleast it would change to "ready to schedule interview" but no luck. Really worried now.

Timeline

I actually scheduled an infopass with our local office (OKC) and they called to reschedule. While I had her on the phone, she said that my husband's was held up in background checks at NBC and that their processing times were running about a year behind. Not good news. ?

No one at USCIS, even Tier 2, had been able to tell us this much info. Our local office has no contact info, so I just got lucky they called us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.