Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations! Actual September movement for CSC, that's exciting! :)

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, marinadf said:

Hi guys! Just received the update that my card is being produced. I'm CSC filer but I'm not on the list. My NOA is 09/01/16 and biometrics 10/14/16. Card ordered January 17th. 

Good luck all!

Congratulations! You give me hope, my file date is 9/9/16

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

"TO LOVE IS NOTHING. TO BE LOVED IS SOMETHING. BUT TO BE LOVED BY THE PERSON YOU LOVE...IS EVERYTHING."

I had already posted that my I-751 was approved (I have not submitted a  N-400).

Today I got the actual card.

A few notes, for those curious:

The approval notification letter came from Laguna Niquel, CA (CSC) in a plain non-trackable envelope (First Class).

The card came from Lee Summit, MO and was sent via Priority Mail with tracking number.

Also, I had submitted an AR-11 (change of address) and listed a mailing address (PO BOX) different to the physical address. AR-11 worked. All letters were sent to mailing address. However green card was sent to the physical address listed in the AR-11.

My husband/sponsor never submitted a I-865.

20180119_075818.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, sddude89 said:

I had already posted that my I-751 was approved (I have not submitted a  N-400).

Today I got the actual card.

A few notes, for those curious:

The approval notification letter came from Laguna Niquel, CA (CSC) in a plain non-trackable envelope (First Class).

The card came from Lee Summit, MO and was sent via Priority Mail with tracking number.

Also, I had submitted an AR-11 (change of address) and listed a mailing address (PO BOX) different to the physical address. AR-11 worked. All letters were sent to mailing address. However green card was sent to the physical address listed in the AR-11.

My husband/sponsor never submitted a I-865.

Congratulations. If your husband was your sponsor then he needs to file I-865 form. It is required by the law. 

On 1/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, Texans_99 said:

I checked my status today and it changed to "new card being produced". Ideally, I should get excited and celebrate, but there have been some changes in my life since I filed my Joint ROC. I have filed for divorce while my I-751 was pending approval. My attorney sent request to amend my joint roc to divorce waiver. She spoke to level 2 officer and they confirmed that the amendment was received. Ideally, I should have got RFE asking for a divorce decree and then after I respond to the RFE, the I-751 should have been approved as a divorce waiver. But, now I am approved without getting RFE so I am assuming they approved my joint petition? So looks like I will have to file a new application again as a waiver because I don't want any problems during N-400? I dread waiting for 1.5 years more!! 

Was your divorce final when you requested an amendment? How long ago was the amendment to your application? I am kind of in the same boat but I sent in my divorce decree in 2017. I haven't heard anything yet, and last I spoke with a tier 2 IO she told me that she was going to put in a request so that I could receive a letter saying if they did receive my documents and all. I am still waiting. 

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

31 minutes ago, SadStories said:

Was your divorce final when you requested an amendment? How long ago was the amendment to your application? I am kind of in the same boat but I sent in my divorce decree in 2017. I haven't heard anything yet, and last I spoke with a tier 2 IO she told me that she was going to put in a request so that I could receive a letter saying if they did receive my documents and all. I am still waiting. 

The thing is that when you file for divorce, it doesn't necessarily mean waiver. Waiver is when your spouse refuses to sign a petition. Hence, you don't have to change your petition to a waiver. On top of that, you are still married until you get the final decree. It means you don't have to change your marital status on your I-751. So there's nothing to change on your I-751. But when you get your final decree, that is when you surely have to notify USCIS. That is my understanding of this issue.

Edited by 4444510

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No. I was not divorced. I am still not, but I will be in few weeks. 

USCIS only cares about if you are married or you are divorced. There is nothing in between. My Lawyer talked to higher USCIS officer and the officer said “ Since you already notified USCIS about pending divorce all your bases are covered” They apparently also replied to my service request which I have not got yet. I think tricky situation is when your I-751 is pemding and your divorce gets final THEN you definitely need to send your decree to USCIS. Ideally they should have issued me RFE, but they approved me. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, 4444510 said:

The thing is that when you file for divorce, it doesn't necessarily mean waiver. Waiver is when your spouse refuses to sign a petition. Hence, you don't have to change your petition to a waiver. On top of that, you are still married until you get the final decree. It means you don't have to change your marital status on your I-751. So there's nothing to change on your I-751. But when you get your final decree, that is when you surely have to notify USCIS. That is my understanding of this issue.

I agree with this. 

But i read on this website where a guy’s N400 was denied because he got approved after his divorce and he did not notify USCIS or file a waiver application. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SadStories said:

Divorce is not final. Will be in 2 weeks.

i sent amendment a month back. My attorney put in a service request to confirn they have received my documents. They sent me a reply via email, but I havent got it yet. If that letter says they had received communication from me then I am solid. 

I am worried about possible delays with the processing of our ROCs, given this US government shutdown.

Doesn’t USCIS operate using the fees they collect from applicants? Will there really be an effect on USCIS?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.