Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 minutes ago, sidelcampeador said:

Anyone received the new corrected card? I'm mailing mine today with the letter i got.

Nope, they are still collecting it I guess given the 20-day window to return the card.

And,

Please disregard my post above :) Found the answer on the web, thank you.  15 days is what they are going to take according to one of the article, they corrected the input in one of the error-filled machine.

My card has been at CSC for a month (minus 4 days) and all I've heard is that they're going to see if I qualify for an expedite. Which I do, because they fudged up and there's a recall. If I don't get it back in the next couple of weeks then I'm filing another service request to inform them of their own recall and 15/20/whatever amount of days turnaround time that has been promised. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ketsuban said:

My card has been at CSC for a month (minus 4 days) and all I've heard is that they're going to see if I qualify for an expedite. Which I do, because they fudged up and there's a recall. If I don't get it back in the next couple of weeks then I'm filing another service request to inform them of their own recall and 15/20/whatever amount of days turnaround time that has been promised. 

Probably when CSC started receiving those errorified cards, they may have realized about the errors and announced it so I am just guessing maybe CSC will relocate your card to the main production line to the VT.  If this sentence is true then 15 days is expedited enough ha!  

4 hours ago, Bomzy said:

Probably when CSC started receiving those errorified cards, they may have realized about the errors and announced it so I am just guessing maybe CSC will relocate your card to the main production line to the VT.  If this sentence is true then 15 days is expedited enough ha!  

i got my CDL permit today, so i'm gonna send my green card tomorrow. not sure if it's only me but i got update on my account. My card is in production. unless that what uscis email said. i got this update even before i got letter from uscis. anyway, now i'm gonna have a beer and just relax, hoping uscius won't screw it up again :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AndJusticeForAll said:

i got my CDL permit today, so i'm gonna send my green card tomorrow. not sure if it's only me but i got update on my account. My card is in production. unless that what uscis email said. i got this update even before i got letter from uscis. anyway, now i'm gonna have a beer and just relax, hoping uscius won't screw it up again :)

I also got the email below before receiving a recall notice.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC163*******

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On April 6, 2018, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number WAC163******* , to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is UNAVAILABLE. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline
18 hours ago, AndJusticeForAll said:

Happy for you mate on the CDL part, yay!! Beer on my tab :P.

I sent my card back on May 18, 2018, but I had biometrics  on May 4, 2018 - what happens to that?  Deep inside, I am getting a feeling of having to wait a year again.  By the way, couldn't shake this thought off --  Has anyone sued USCIS?  Myaan!! too much is too much :angry:.

Edited by Bomzy

2 minutes ago, Bomzy said:

Happy for you mate on the CDL part, yay!! Beer on my tab :P.

I sent my card back on May 18, 2018, but I had biometrics  on May 4, 2018 - what happens to that?  Deep inside, I am getting a feeling of having to wait a year again.  By the way, couldn't shake this thought off --  Has anyone sued USCIS?  Myaan!! too much is too much :angry:.

I didn't go to the biometrics for my I-90 in the hopes that they would close it out, but instead they literally just scheduled me for another appointment. I thought no-shows were meant to result in a dead petition. I'm going to write to Potomac and tell them to stop. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Hello All!

New here, first post..

I ve gone thru this whole thread and I would like to thank everyone that shared their stories.

To my experience the information you can find here is a lot more accurate then the info you can receive from the majority of the immigration lawyers out there.

I filed for I751 mid September 2016 and filed for N400 at the end of December 2017. Both in Los Angeles

Called USCIS regarding my I751 multiple times, talked to Tier 2 officers but havent found out anything other than "there is a backlog, you gotta wait"

Recently contacted my congressman and waiting to hear from them, will share the results from here if I hear anything back.

Also recently received a letter saying my case is transferred to National Benefits Center Lee's Summit, MO

As far as I can understand from the tracker here most people who filed around the same time with me heard back and got their cards.

Only logical explanation I can think of that maybe Los Angeles branch was busier than others and thats why I still havent heard back. Or maybe since I filed for N400 they will process them together.

I m pretty confused and not sure what is going on.

Are there any other folks out there in a similar situation?

Thanks!

On 5/22/2018 at 8:31 PM, HighlyBeloved said:

I also got the email below before receiving a recall notice.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC163*******

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On April 6, 2018, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number WAC163******* , to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is UNAVAILABLE. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I also received the email above just now. Does this mean that my card is recalled? I have not received any letter requesting me to send the card back. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Fay2017 said:

I also received the email above just now. Does this mean that my card is recalled? I have not received any letter requesting me to send the card back. 

Is the "Resident Since" date on your GC incorrect? If so, please read the following page

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-recall-incorrectly-dated-green-cards

I got the message before I received my recall letter.

Just now, HighlyBeloved said:

Is the "Resident Since" date on your GC incorrect? If so, please read the following page

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-recall-incorrectly-dated-green-cards

I got the message before I received my recall letter.

The 'Residence since' date on my permanent GC is the same as the date on my 2-year conditional card. Does this mean that my GC has wrong date? Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, Grid Issue said:

Hello All!

New here, first post..

I ve gone thru this whole thread and I would like to thank everyone that shared their stories.

To my experience the information you can find here is a lot more accurate then the info you can receive from the majority of the immigration lawyers out there.

I filed for I751 mid September 2016 and filed for N400 at the end of December 2017. Both in Los Angeles

Called USCIS regarding my I751 multiple times, talked to Tier 2 officers but havent found out anything other than "there is a backlog, you gotta wait"

Recently contacted my congressman and waiting to hear from them, will share the results from here if I hear anything back.

Also recently received a letter saying my case is transferred to National Benefits Center Lee's Summit, MO

As far as I can understand from the tracker here most people who filed around the same time with me heard back and got their cards.

Only logical explanation I can think of that maybe Los Angeles branch was busier than others and thats why I still havent heard back. Or maybe since I filed for N400 they will process them together.

I m pretty confused and not sure what is going on.

Are there any other folks out there in a similar situation?

Thanks!

I am exactly on the same boat, with the exception of my local office being Seattle. I also received that case transferred letter to MO. WTH?

I haven't called, so just waiting for now, but it is taking forever.

At least it's good to know we're not alone!

11 minutes ago, Fay2017 said:

My 2-year conditional GC was issued on 12/04/2014, and the 'residence since' date on my 10-year GC is also 12/04/2014. Is this an error?

No, it's correct.  No matter how many GCs you have issued, if you don't apply for citizenship, you'll still have been a legal resident since the same date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.