Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, darnit said:

Yea, will include everything in the service request..

I've been feeling so down since last week.. dealing with this situation is so depressing and frustrating..

Sure thing it's frustrating, but cheer up - you have a green card!!! Unlike many of us waiting and waiting and waiting that's definitely not the worst place to be at! Look at it like this: your 10 year residency is done deal and for me, for example, it's not yet and I'm having a terrible anxiety about my travel plans because my case still pending..You good! You'll sort it out and move past by. Congratulations on your approval ! That's what matters the most.

Edited by Scazy

I just found this forum today. USCIS received my case on 09/29/16 and my case is still pending. This has me really worried since it looks like a lot of Sept 2016 filers have heard news about their cards. Today, I tried my original receipt number, which had previously not been working, and it said that in Feb 2018, my case was transferred to a local office. Did anyone else see this? Also, are there any Sept 2016 cases that are still pending? I filed with the CA center because I'm in Texas. I personally know two people in TX who filed way after me who already received their 10-yr cards. This is making me really anxious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, labelladell said:

I just found this forum today. USCIS received my case on 09/29/16 and my case is still pending. This has me really worried since it looks like a lot of Sept 2016 filers have heard news about their cards. Today, I tried my original receipt number, which had previously not been working, and it said that in Feb 2018, my case was transferred to a local office. Did anyone else see this? Also, are there any Sept 2016 cases that are still pending? I filed with the CA center because I'm in Texas. I personally know two people in TX who filed way after me who already received their 10-yr cards. This is making me really anxious

Plenty of information in this forum. Go back about 15-20 pages and you'll find everything you need 👍😊

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

12 minutes ago, labelladell said:

I'm just wondering if having a pending N-400 case could possibly slow down the I-751 application

1) if you have not received a physical letter about transfer, chances are it's a glitch. If you go to ROC forum there is a huge thread about "transfer" glitch that all of us got. 

2) however if you filed n 400 your petition would be transferred to local office and then it's under local office proceeding times

I personally think applying for n 400 delays i751 and if you'll check monthly fillers threads with statistics you'll see this tendency yourself 

on a bright side, you are closer to your citizenship then people who decide to deal with 751 first 

good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Scazy said:

1) if you have not received a physical letter about transfer, chances are it's a glitch. If you go to ROC forum there is a huge thread about "transfer" glitch that all of us got. 

2) however if you filed n 400 your petition would be transferred to local office and then it's under local office proceeding times

I personally think applying for n 400 delays i751 and if you'll check monthly fillers threads with statistics you'll see this tendency yourself 

on a bright side, you are closer to your citizenship then people who decide to deal with 751 first 

good luck! 

I'm considering withdrawing my N-400 because my local office is on cases from 09/06/16, and I applied in Nov 2017.  My tracking says it'll take 21 months to get to my case. I don't think I could bear having my I-751 be slowed that much. I would rather have my 10 year now even if it means starting the N-400 application all over again.

11 minutes ago, labelladell said:

I'm considering withdrawing my N-400 because my local office is on cases from 09/06/16, and I applied in Nov 2017.  My tracking says it'll take 21 months to get to my case. I don't think I could bear having my I-751 be slowed that much. I would rather have my 10 year now even if it means starting the N-400 application all over again.

Honestly I don't think that's a best route at all. There is no guarantee whatsoever that would speed it up. Imagine still waiting at local office just to have 751 interview since you withdrew n400. I would definitely not withdraw n400. 

Call USICS and request to talk to Tier 2 offices maybe they would be able to see exact location of your file.

meanwhile just get i551 stamp which servers as a plastic green card for any purposes and sit tight waiting for your n 400. Might be sooner than you think as there is no structure how they process combo cases, somebody got lucky and got approved both while others waiting. 

1 minute ago, Scazy said:

Honestly I don't think that's a best route at all. There is no guarantee whatsoever that would speed it up. Imagine still waiting at local office just to have 751 interview since you withdrew n400. I would definitely not withdraw n400. 

Call USICS and request to talk to Tier 2 offices maybe they would be able to see exact location of your file.

meanwhile just get i551 stamp which servers as a plastic green card for any purposes and sit tight waiting for your n 400. Might be sooner than you think as there is no structure how they process combo cases, somebody got lucky and got approved both while others waiting. 

Sigh. I've been waiting for 578 days. I'm already on my second i551 stamp. But I guess I can't really do anything but wait. The rep I spoke to a few days ago said I should call back in June since I'm still within the 17.5 to 19 month processing time. I'm just anxious that so many other Sept 2016 filers have got their cards. According to this forum, a lot of people heard back in March. I've felt like crying while reading through everyone finally getting their cards. 

2 minutes ago, labelladell said:

Sigh. I've been waiting for 578 days. I'm already on my second i551 stamp. But I guess I can't really do anything but wait. The rep I spoke to a few days ago said I should call back in June since I'm still within the 17.5 to 19 month processing time. I'm just anxious that so many other Sept 2016 filers have got their cards. According to this forum, a lot of people heard back in March. I've felt like crying while reading through everyone finally getting their cards. 

Well as I said, delays with combo cases are common. There is a whole thread about it here. You should just relax and check your statuses on DHS and usics gov sites time to time. You're a LPR at the end of the day 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, labelladell said:

I'm just wondering if having a pending N-400 case could possibly slow down the I-751 application

Yes it does slow the cases down if you have filed n-400 (depending on your office that is) .

Here is our most current list and those that are not in green are either still waiting or haven't reported any movement. I myself have another 6 month wait (Seattle). I wont see greencards, but chances of me being naturalized quicker than some are high. 

I also got transferred 3 times and now my case is in Virginia at Potomac Service Center when it should be at Seattle ready to be joined with N-400 for interview. 
Good luck. I'm not sure if cancelling N-400 would do you any good but it doesn't hurt to start a new thread to see if it has helped anyone else out there.   

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
16 hours ago, labelladell said:

Hi there, I am assuming that my input would help you be patient a little bit more.  We did wait the same period as you, mine was 19 months exact.  Got the card but with an error for some of us (Date of Resident since : Supposed to be "2014" but printed "2018"),.  I just placed I-90 recently with a timeline of yet another 11 to 11.5 months.  Yours is better case because your have a combo.  However late, not just within the timeline but around it, you will get your paper.  Almost there now, woot!! woot!!  By the way, I am almost on my second stamp too.  I was very afraid to use my first stamp for travel but now the second stamp, i will use it.  People are using it.  All is Well, all is well :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

First post here. Filed September 26,2016 at California Service Center. No major updates until I received an RFE March 8, 2018. Quickly submitted a very thorough 1.5+ additional years of evidence. April 12th 2018 I received notice that my case was transferred to the National Benefits Center, MO so that an interview can be scheduled. I feel so unlucky. Why was my case transferred to MO if I filed from Texas? There is no timeline for I-751 for the National Benefits Center. I am about to leave on an international trip that I booked months ago. I am very worried my interview will be scheduled while I'm away for the 3 weeks.

I thought I'd share my experience, since others haven't been approved yet either.

090/16/2016 I-751 Received by CSC

12/05/2016 Biometrics Appointment

03/09/2018 RFE Received

03/26/2018 RFE Documents Received by CSC

04/08/2018 Notice of Transfer to Local Office

04/18/2018 Receive Letter in mail stating that the case has been transferred to the National Benefits Center so that an interview at a local office can be scheduled.

6 hours ago, Bomzy said:

Hi there, I am assuming that my input would help you be patient a little bit more.  We did wait the same period as you, mine was 19 months exact.  Got the card but with an error for some of us (Date of Resident since : Supposed to be "2014" but printed "2018"),.  I just placed I-90 recently with a timeline of yet another 11 to 11.5 months.  Yours is better case because your have a combo.  However late, not just within the timeline but around it, you will get your paper.  Almost there now, woot!! woot!!  By the way, I am almost on my second stamp too.  I was very afraid to use my first stamp for travel but now the second stamp, i will use it.  People are using it.  All is Well, all is well :thumbs:

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I spent last night reading through about 50 pages of this forum lol. I see some people have been waiting even longer than I have. I'm hoping for the best for everyone. I called today and they said my case is still considered within normal processing times. The lady told me that my N-400 application shouldn't negatively affect the timing of my I-751 (but I don't believe that). Anyhows, I'll try not to worry about it for now. I'll probably give them a call back in June if I've still not heard anything. I checked my previously-not-working-but-now-working receipt number today, and it shows that as of May 1, 2018, my case was received at my local office. So far, I have a "We received your case" for 9/29/16, 2/25/18, 2/26/18, and 5/1/18.

Edited by labelladell

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Today I got a notification that my case is being transferred. Since I applied for N-400 in January, it probably is so it can get adjudicated with it.

Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On May 1, 2018, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXX, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.