Mamamia02@

Late to update our address

10 posts in this topic

It's been a while since the last time I've posted my questions here and I appreciated y'all of all the answered I've gotten from here. The problem I have is I didn't know until today that we have to update our address to USCIS even if you got green card to make my story short Me and daughter got our green card last year of July we moved twice in same zip code what my understanding on my research today that u could get in trouble possible losing residency when you failed to update the address! Pls help me if I'm too late to update our address and would I get in trouble for updating our address too late it's been almost a year since.. I'm so worried cuz next year is our time to file for 10 year green card

I appreciate y'all

It's been a while since the last time I've posted my questions here and I appreciated y'all of all the answered I've gotten from here. The problem I have is I didn't know until today that we have to update our address to USCIS even if you got green card to make my story short Me and daughter got our green card last year of July we moved twice in same zip code what my understanding on my research today that u could get in trouble possible losing residency when you failed to update the address! Pls help me if I'm too late to update our address and would I get in trouble for updating our address too late it's been almost a year since.. I'm so worried cuz next year is our time to file for 10 year green card

I appreciate y'all

Go here https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11 and complete the on-line submittal for yourself and your daughter. Also be aware that the USC sponsor for the I-864 must also file the I-865 change of address form should he move. Since you are still waiting for the 2 years minus 90 days to file the ROC, I am going to assume you are still married to your USC husband and he has moved with you so he needs to file the I-865 form--it has to be mailed in.

Make certain you print out the confirmation page as proof you filed your last change of address. Your husband should get an NOA1 form from USCIS indicating they received his change of address. The USCIS sent my wife's ROC notice to our old address and included a bad photo copy about the change of address rules. I included that photo copy along with my confirmation receipt and the confirmation page for my wife to show them that I had indeed filed our change of address.

Do not worry about the other move. Just complete the form with your current address and use your actual previous address as you will need to put all places lived since arriving in the US. I would not omit anything just because you forgot to file a change of address form. It happens all the time.

Dave

Edited by Penguin_ie

Thanks Dave for such a big help

Do I have to sign up twice for me and for daughter to update our address online?

Where can I print that form I-865 for my husband to fill up for? sorry for too much asking

Sample size of one here...I forgot you had to update the residence address and submitted ours well past the deadline, at the same time I sent the paperwork for my wife's 10 yr GC. No issues with either.

Thanks Dave for such a big help

Do I have to sign up twice for me and for daughter to update our address online?

Where can I print that form I-865 for my husband to fill up for? sorry for too much asking

Go here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

and complete one for your self and one for your daughter.

Go here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

for the I-865 form for your husband to fill out.

Dave

Your story definitely put my mind at ease I'm happy to hear hers went well.. I hope ours too

Sample size of one here...I forgot you had to update the residence address and submitted ours well past the deadline, at the same time I sent the paperwork for my wife's 10 yr GC. No issues with either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Make sure to keep a copy of the mail with the confirmation that you sent in the address change. I did mine a while ago and I have not received a confirmation that they have actually changed the address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving to General Immigration forum for more answers *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.