Loulou77

Online case status indicates another fingerprint appointment

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife's N-400 application was received on May 6, 2016 and she had her fingerprints taken on June 28, 2016. From the time of filing until a few days ago, the online case status indicated that the application had been received and was never updated to reflect the fingerprinting appointment. But just two days ago, the status has been changed to indicate that, on August 26, 2016, a fingerprint appointment has been mailed. We still have not received the appointment notice to know why a second fingerprint appointment is needed. Has anyone been through a similar situation before? We can wait a few more days to see if we receive the notice, but is there a way to contact USCIS by phone to check case status. Otherwise, can an online case status inquiry be used for this purpose (I note that this situation does not fit under any of the cases provided for an online inquiry)?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Wait and see the letter will come soon then.

I have seen many people have to retake the fingerprints because they weren't good enough the first time so might just be because of that ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My status changed to "interview scheduled" even though I have naturalized more than a year ago. Sometimes you can't rely on this.

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife's N-400 application was received on May 6, 2016 and she had her fingerprints taken on June 28, 2016. From the time of filing until a few days ago, the online case status indicated that the application had been received and was never updated to reflect the fingerprinting appointment. But just two days ago, the status has been changed to indicate that, on August 26, 2016, a fingerprint appointment has been mailed. We still have not received the appointment notice to know why a second fingerprint appointment is needed. Has anyone been through a similar situation before? We can wait a few more days to see if we receive the notice, but is there a way to contact USCIS by phone to check case status. Otherwise, can an online case status inquiry be used for this purpose (I note that this situation does not fit under any of the cases provided for an online inquiry)?

Thanks

I agree with both of the other replies.

Sometimes the updates are not accurate.

Sometimes fingerprints are rejected by the FBI as unreadable. In such cases, a second appointment is scheduled. If the second set is also unreadable, then the applicant is required to obtain a police clearance report (with ink fingerprints) from everywhere where the applicant has lived for 6 months or more during the period of residency (3 years or 5 years).

Reasons for unreadable prints are scars or cuts on the fingertips, unusually sweaty hands, unusually light prints. If your wife fits into any of these, ask her to tell the person taking the prints; they can make sure to wipe the fingerprints or screen more thoroughly or to apply more pressure while scanning.

If you don't receive the notice, there is an online inquiry for "Letter/Notice Not Received" or something similar.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.