BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

Haha isn't it the worst waiting for them to wake up? The Australian time difference is a serious struggle.

It is the worst! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

Haha isn't it the worst waiting for them to wake up? The Australian time difference is a serious struggle.

Can I ask you what documents he took to the interview?

we want to make sure we do this right! 

We are submitting the online application for the visitors visa tonight ?

3 hours ago, chamma said:

no approvals today??:(

There were but none were VJ members, or they were out celebrating and we need to wait until they wake up after their "OMG I got approved" celebration. 

Have you tried counting salt grains? It really helps, takes hours to count a pinch of salt and you need to hold your nerve....... like waiting for Nebraska! I have done as many recounts :oops: as my VJ timeline changes, :clock:could be more.

A pinch has 1100 to 1300 grains on latest sample....... so start small and good luck! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Patient said:

There were but none were VJ members, or they were out celebrating and we need to wait until they wake up after their "OMG I got approved" celebration. 

Have you tried counting salt grains? It really helps, takes hours to count a pinch of salt and you need to hold your nerve....... like waiting for Nebraska! I have done as many recounts :oops: as my VJ timeline changes, :clock:could be more.

A pinch has 1100 to 1300 grains on latest sample....... so start small and good luck! 

Yes you may be true; they should be out pub hopping! Lucky them!!

Salt grain counting?!! I have no such patience!! :( & the Infamous wait for Nebraska to move files is becoming unbearable. :'( 

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/8/2017 at 4:35 AM, nicoleelaine said:

I have some news that might help some of you. There has been a debate going about whether or not a spouse can visit the US on a B1/B2 tourist Visa. Many people said that if you apply for a tourist Visa while your I-130 is being processed, they'll deny the tourist Visa.

Well that is not true. I was in the same boat as all of you. I figured we'd pay the fee to apply for the B1/B2, set up the interview, and worst case scenario they'd say no. 

I sent my husband to Sydney and he brought a ton of papers to prove that he would be returning to Australia at the end of his stay in the US (that's what approval is based on). This included an employment letter, return flight ticket, etc. He said they didn't even LOOK at the paperwork. It took about 15 minutes. They said "So you're planning on returning to Australia?" When he said "yes", they approved him. He can now return to the US for I believe it's 6 months. His Visa will arrive within 10 days and he will be home in 2-3 weeks! Of course this is Australia, and every embassy is different. But I thought I would throw this out there to everyone else in the same situation. Maybe it'll help someone.

Well here is my case:-

1. I already have a B2. Did visit my husband for 2 months even before we applied for i130.

2. Now its been 6 months out of the US & I want to know my options of re-visiting US.

3. I have questions on what else need to be carried to establish strong ties with my country other than

•  My flight ticket
  • my pending i-130 

I am not working any more - so I cannot establish an employment.

Any help in this regard will be helpful.

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

9 hours ago, susanm26 said:

Can I ask you what documents he took to the interview?

we want to make sure we do this right! 

We are submitting the online application for the visitors visa tonight ?

So our case is a little different because we actually are planning on moving to Australia with my daughter (his stepdaughter) for 6 months. So he brought:

1. Signed and notarized travel consent form from daughter's biological father with precise dates of when we would be there

2. Return flight confirmation (we made sure it was refundable first in case we needed to change anything, or they denied us)

3. Daughter's proof of school enrollment in Australia

4. Employment letter 

5. Expiring lease agreement here in Austin for that time

6. Bank statement showing he can support himself

I saw a different article that said that you definitely need an employment letter and proof of address in Australia (like a lease agreement or proof of home ownership). He has to prove stronger ties to Australia than his spouse in America. But yeah, my husband also said they didn't look at the paperwork. I guess it depends who you get an interview with. Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It has been exactly 6 months. 

Still stuck at "Case Was Received" PD August 9. 

?????????

Why is Igor's VJ processing timeline going backwards? I've noticed yesterday it said August 2 and and now it went back to July 28. ??? 

And why haven't USCIS updated their processing times?! It still shows up data from ancient time November 30!!! ???

???

6 hours ago, chamma said:

Well here is my case:-

1. I already have a B2. Did visit my husband for 2 months even before we applied for i130.

2. Now its been 6 months out of the US & I want to know my options of re-visiting US.

3. I have questions on what else need to be carried to establish strong ties with my country other than

•  My flight ticket
  • my pending i-130 

I am not working any more - so I cannot establish an employment.

Any help in this regard will be helpful.

I really don't have a lot of experience with this other than our experience with Australia. I heard that if you already have a B2, you can travel. However, I would definitely consult with an immigration lawyer if I were you. I don't think just a flight ticket and pending I-130 is enough evidence that you will be returning. Actually the opposite. An I-130 is showing intent to move to the US. They want to know that you will be returning to your country once your tourist Visa is expired. It is unfortunate that you cannot establish employment. I think that would be a big factor in their decision. If you have proof of an address in your country like a lease agreement or home ownership where you would be returning, that would be helpful. 

In all reality, Trump has recently put a travel ban on some of India's nearby countries. US immigration is going to be very hard on people trying to enter from that area of the world. Ultimately, once you arrive in the US, the point of entry officer has the decision to not let you enter. Unfortunately, the US is using a lot of profiling in that sense to make decisions regarding entry into the US right now. 

As an American, I am currently experiencing the crazy things that are going on over here involving immigration and racism, I would strongly advise people from that area of the world to not try to enter the US at the moment. Definitely not a good time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BlessingDawn said:

Stupid stupid stupid Nebraska!!!

I am hoping I can give my husband good news by this Valentine's Day... Hoping for our case approval. ???

I'm with you I think I'm going to take a break from igor's list and vj because none of this makes any sense and it only causes stress. 

Processing averages have shot up to 196 days on VisaJourney, not long now until Nebraska hits 7 months average processing time. A few August filers have had approvals trickle in within the past few weeks according to Igor's list, but it seems like Nebraska has once again come to a complete standstill as far as approvals go. My timeline estimate has remained fairly stable at least, with predictions for beginning-of-August filers for next week.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We just got approved, no email or text, just randomly (obsessively) checked the uscis website. I can hardly believe it! Best wishes to everyone! Hang in there! I also updated our timeline, NOA 1 August 2, 2016

Married May 14, 2011

NOA 1: August 2, 2016

NOA 2: February 9, 2017

Scan date for NVC: April 5, 2017

Case Complete at NVC: June 7, 2017, checklist for W2s to take to interview

Medical scheduled for July 6, 2017

Interview in Ankara: July 19, 2017

Visa arrived July 21, 2017

Tickets bought for POE in September 2017! Can't wait!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Mavikobalt said:

Hi everyone,

We just got approved, no email or text, just randomly (obsessively) checked the uscis website. I can hardly believe it! Best wishes to everyone! Hang in there! I also updated our timeline, NOA 1 August 2, 2016

When you check the status what did it say the wording,  "approved" or something else

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.