Baseclois

IR-1 Visa interview at Dublin (Ireland) Embassy.

12 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I had my interview scheduled at the Dublin embassy for the coming month. My question is, in the interview letter that I received from the NVC, in the list of the documents to bring with me, the financial evidences and the police certificates are marked with a letter "Y" and "O", which according to their information means that they have sent those documents to the embassy. So the questions is, do I have to bring those documents again to the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jean-Luc.

Hello there,

The thing is that for those specific documents (police certificates and financial evidence), I have sent the original documents yet to the NVC.

On the Interview letter form the NVC, they specified that those documents have been sent to the embassy (letter "Y" and "O"), and it seems that I don't have to produce them anymore, but it's a bit blurry...

If you sent the originals then no you don't need to bring to embassy on day of interview. You may want to take a copy of your police certificate just in case but you should be all set to go.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:
August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Thank you for the answer, the problem is that I've sent the original police certificate to the NVC, and that I didn't make a copy of it. And to get a new one, it takes about 3 weeks. So, I hope that the NVC did send it to the embassy, as notified on the letter...

Thank you for the answer, the problem is that I've sent the original police certificate to the NVC, and that I didn't make a copy of it. And to get a new one, it takes about 3 weeks. So, I hope that the NVC did send it to the embassy, as notified on the letter...

Did you retain the document anywhere on your computer ? I do not know the answer but I would assume if you sent the original and they received it , you won't need it again . It's too late now but they recommend you keep a copy of everything . Can you ring the NVC and ask?

Three weeks for the police cert? What's your local Garda station? I hand delivered my police cert request + copy of passport + stamped return envelope and I got it back within a week.

I'd say if you put together these 3 things, go personally to your Garda station and explain the urgency they might sort you out, especially since they have already done the checks for the previous cert.

The police certificate is one you do not need a copy for. You only need copies for items you are getting back. You do not get the police certificate back. Dont worry about it.

A copy of the I-864 is good to have however and is easy to do.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

@RJS7: My local Garda station is in Dundalk, last time it took about 3 weeks after handing in the documents, to receive the police clearance certificate. But It should be okay, I will ask for a new one, just in case.

@NLR: I didn't make any copies of the financial evidences neither, I've sent all the original documents to the NVC, and on the interview letter it is marked with a "Y", which means that they have sent it to the embassy... But can I trust that letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.