5 posts in this topic

I have filed for my husband's CR1 visa. After completing the DS-260 a confirmation number is given. We have that and have the interview scheduled, but after signing in on this website: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/, there is an N/A under IV Fee and Agent. We haven't paid the application fee and I'm becoming concerned because I have contacted every number and email trying to talk to someone about how to get the fee paid with no luck (and I am positive we need to pay the application fee). The bar at the top of the webpage also seems like I should be able to click on the Fee or Choose an agent "links" except they are not links and nothing happens either.

The numbers/websites I have called/checked seeking assistance with no luck are:

1. (603)334-0700 - NVC, doesn't have CDJ case numbers on file

2. 011 52 (656) 227-3000, Consulate General of CDJ, menu options for visa direct you to a website where they provide an email address

3. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/information/contact_us, sent an email to both fee issues and technical issues, received this response:

"Dear representative, unfortunately this on-line service is not able to assist you in your request. We advise you to contact the US Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez at: https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/ Sincerely,

The Support Desk Team

LBC"

4. https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/ , only provides general information with no links/numbers/emails for specific inquiries

5. Called US Citizen Services at US Embassy in Mexico City where Initial filing took place, automated menu that ended in "goodbye" and reference to travel.gov website that also only contains general information with no links/numbers/emails for specific inquiries

6. Called US Citizen Services at Consulate of CDJ where the gentleman (yay! first actual person!) couldn't help be but was sure the operator could connect me to an actual person; operator listened to my situation then transferred me without warning to an extension that didn't answer and is not signed up for the voice message system with no alternative chosen... "goodbye."

7. Automated menu from Cons Gen of CDJ says to call (703)249-4628 from USA or (656)344-3003 from Mexico for specific visa inquiries, but ends after an automated menu tells you to check the website.

HELP! I'm stressing that if I don't find a way to get this paid my husband will be denied. Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You are doing the DCF that's why Choice of Agent is not applicable to you. For DCF, i think you will pay the fee at the embassy/consulate during the interview.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

You are doing the DCF that's why Choice of Agent is not applicable to you. For DCF, i think you will pay the fee at the embassy/consulate during the interview.

Correct. DCF applicants pay the $325 fee directly to the consulate, not the NVC. There is no AOS fee for DCF applicants.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*one duplicate thread removed and this one moved from "CR-1 spouse visa process and procedures" to "DCF" as question relates specifically to DCF applicants*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.