summertime23

I-129f August 2016 Filers

2,153 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am tryin to say getting noa2 is the worst thing ever. As you guys see most of them got their nvc number in two weeks. Dont say that noa1 to noa2 was easy. You guys got it very fast. Once you get your Nvc you can book your medical interview right? You dont need to wait green card for work

Also, once.you apply.for GC you will get your work permit in two months after finger print right?

@NINA Dont call them. It wont help. They will be keep telling 5 months timeline. Yestarday 2 people got approved who got rfe. So I would say two weeks.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry to hear that...But some got approved fast some don't...

So just be patient, don't frustrated while others move to next steps...

When you get yours NOA2, you might call NVC everyday....Because this step get our loves being together closer..

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I know but do you know there are still people waiting noa2 since 08\01? Some people have waited 6 months to get approved. Rest takes it faster. Anyways thanks for understanding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I cant take this anymore. Does anyone know if you can call to check on your RFE status? If so what is the phone number?

I called them twice no use of callibg them!!!! I am waiting too i send mine on 19th and on 20th midnight i recieved notification that they got it..so still waiting maybe next week we will get approved

I cant take this anymore. Does anyone know if you can call to check on your RFE status? If so what is the phone number?

I called them twice no use of callibg them!!!! I am waiting too i send mine on 19th and on 20th midnight i recieved notification that they got it..so still waiting maybe next week we will get approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was less stressed over NOA2 because i followed the timelines on VJ, I would be stressed now if my case still wasn't processed because it's beyond the time the "timelines" say it should be, but that wasn't the case.

With NOA2 to NVC, there is NO method to track whatsoever. You just have to assume the process (box up a paper case packet, ship it, arrive to NVC, unpack, slap a barcode and scan) and while we think it should only take a certain amount of time, and that all the cases approved around the same time should be together, sometimes that's not the case. That's what makes it more stressful. Plus even when you get the case #, sometimes the case doesn't ship out right away to the embassy, so then you have to wait for that to happen. Again, no way to track, no way to know.

It would be interesting to try to gather data on what makes certain cases take longer than others for approval (NOA1-NOA2). I saw some people guess that the larger the case, the more and more the USCIS officer puts it off. I know if I saw a stack of 10 15-page cases or one 180-page case, I'd rather go for the stack and feel more productive. They also run a background check on every petitioner, so I wonder if people who've moved around a lot or have a difficult background, they take longer too. And obviously, the country of the beneficiary comes into play, but I wonder what exactly they do??? Is there a checklist they have to complete?? It would be interesting to know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was less stressed over NOA2 because i followed the timelines on VJ, I would be stressed now if my case still wasn't processed because it's beyond the time the "timelines" say it should be, but that wasn't the case.

With NOA2 to NVC, there is NO method to track whatsoever. You just have to assume the process (box up a paper case packet, ship it, arrive to NVC, unpack, slap a barcode and scan) and while we think it should only take a certain amount of time, and that all the cases approved around the same time should be together, sometimes that's not the case. That's what makes it more stressful. Plus even when you get the case #, sometimes the case doesn't ship out right away to the embassy, so then you have to wait for that to happen. Again, no way to track, no way to know.

It would be interesting to try to gather data on what makes certain cases take longer than others for approval (NOA1-NOA2). I saw some people guess that the larger the case, the more and more the USCIS officer puts it off. I know if I saw a stack of 10 15-page cases or one 180-page case, I'd rather go for the stack and feel more productive. They also run a background check on every petitioner, so I wonder if people who've moved around a lot or have a difficult background, they take longer too. And obviously, the country of the beneficiary comes into play, but I wonder what exactly they do??? Is there a checklist they have to complete?? It would be interesting to know.

You are right but still :( We all want to get approved asap. :(

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i dont think you can ,RFE is just another annoying waiting game

Sorry to hear about the slow progress.

There are so many stages of this process that will ultimately take years. Its definitely a marathon and not a sprint.

I know my fiance and I are most concerned about the transition from K1 visa to temporary green card so he can work in the country but realize even that is out of our hands when the time comes (so saving and planning ahead for now).

Hope you get your approval quick and you make up the progress in other stages I am sure!

From what i was told by a lawyer, you guys can apply for a work permit when you file for the green card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

From what i was told by a lawyer, you guys can apply for a work permit when you file for the green card

You apply for employment activation with the status change but it will be another waiting game. They will review and approve the status in their own time just like this process. It can be a month or 4 months depending on how busy they are with applications.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Also it costs more if you file EAD without also filing AOS. If you do them together, the EAD fee is waived. And the fee for EAD will go up in December.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

exactly noa1 to noa2 at least had somewhat of a pattern there was also alot of things to go on to keep you grounded, noa2 to nvc not a thing , seems random, i just cant wait to get mine so i can be in more contrl at least , as they waste time interview days are getting eaten up, thank god i dont have anxiety issues

Timeline

Of course they can. You get work permit one month. SSN can take little.more.maybe but still.

Most states require you have a SSN (social security number) before you can get a marriage license. My fiance already has a social security number but it has restrictions on it. He received it when he had a work visa when he was here a couple of years ago.

Once you enter the country you will want to apply for a social security number around 10 days to 2 weeks after entering. The social security office should have your paperwork by then. You will need to do this a couple of weeks before you apply for your marriage license.

My fiance and I have to confirm he can use his current ss card for a marriage license (which after asking people it seems likely) but he will still have to file paper work to get his status changed and restrictions on ss number lifted.

Employment activation will be approved in a timeline based on how many are filing at the time. It can take one month to four months typically.

Edited by AshMarty

Timeline

Also it costs more if you file EAD without also filing AOS. If you do them together, the EAD fee is waived. And the fee for EAD will go up in December.

Good to know :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.