Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
32 minutes ago, N400/Houston/Aug said:

Hi Sepiu,

Thank you so much for sharing this. May you please tell me about your filling timeline?

of course

filed: Aug 8, 2016

FP: Aug 29, 2016

Then I kept getting additional notices for FP. On Dec 2016 they acknowledged my FP are in the system.

From then nothing changed and I was getting frustrated.

Don't call the national number, JUST SCHEDULE AN INFOPASS!  That's my best advice

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
I would like to share everyone that I was recommended for approval !!! 

My interview lasted almost 1 hour, the IO asked way too many questions not related to my case. 

Anyways I'm just awaiting the Oath date ! hopefully I can make it to the May 23rd in LA !!!! 

BTW, anyone that has taken the Oath , after the ceremony is over, do you get asked if there's any family members you would like to petition for? ... I was told by my friend that got Naturalized a couple of years ago, that he was asked this question, but haven't been able to verify it.

4 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

My interview lasted almost 1 hour, the IO asked way too many questions not related to my case. 

Anyways I'm just awaiting the Oath date ! hopefully I can make it to the May 23rd in LA !!!! 

BTW, anyone that has taken the Oath , after the ceremony is over, do you get asked if there's any family members you would like to petition for? ... I was told by my friend that got Naturalized a couple of years ago, that he was asked this question, but haven't been able to verify it.

Congratulations! I'm in Seattle and I was not asked that question :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kamex009 said:

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your interview experience and questions asked as I am going to the same field office next month? Thanks in advance,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife had her interview today ans she passed! Before today, she was so nervous that she wouldn't get approved, but she did really well for the past couple of days on the 100 questions and I helped her some ways to memorize some things she was struggling with.

The interviewer was very serious and my wife got more serious in return. 

Timeline

Hi

Do you know how often are the processing times updated in the uscis website?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Thanks

Edited by sepiu
more specific data

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

Congrats to you!

Timeline

@ss24  I can give you a summary.

First thing is to remember that you have to pay for parking.

The waiting room was not even 20% capacity with all the people there for interviews, many of them were waiting for some one being interviewd. 

I got interviewed by a young IO , from Korean decent, he said my name and I just followed him,  he made copies of my GC, DL and Mexican Passport.  We then went to his office, he made me do the right hand up while standing and to swear to just tell the truth.

After that, he quickly gave me a piece of paper to read " Thanskgiving is a holiday "  then he made me write something about Thanksgiving.

Then he made 6 civics questions, super fast, not even finishing the question.

He then proceeded to check my case, made me a TON of question, most of them completely unrelated to my case since I'm applying via Work / 5 year rule and my wife is not a US Citizen, the questions were such as my wife's name, son's name, their nationality , when we got married, he even had me show him pictures from my cellphone of them and my family.  He asked me in 4 different ways if I was married and when, always changing the way he posed the question or the way I had to respond it. After he was done, I asked him why was all that, since I felt like a type of interrogation and he said that he is an Ex-Marine and that he wanted to make sure that I was not lying about things and that he had Interrogation training.

Anyways, there was a small problem due to some information being missing from my Green Card case, that fortunately he was able to find after going to talk to some one else a couple of times, I was getting nervous but finally everything went well. 

Oh , forgot to mention, I was taken inside 25 minutes BEFORE my actual interview time, so get there early.

Hope that helps!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

@ss24  I can give you a summary.

First thing is to remember that you have to pay for parking.

The waiting room was not even 20% capacity with all the people there for interviews, many of them were waiting for some one being interviewd. 

I got interviewed by a young IO , from Korean decent, he said my name and I just followed him,  he made copies of my GC, DL and Mexican Passport.  We then went to his office, he made me do the right hand up while standing and to swear to just tell the truth.

After that, he quickly gave me a piece of paper to read " Thanskgiving is a holiday "  then he made me write something about Thanksgiving.

Then he made 6 civics questions, super fast, not even finishing the question.

He then proceeded to check my case, made me a TON of question, most of them completely unrelated to my case since I'm applying via Work / 5 year rule and my wife is not a US Citizen, the questions were such as my wife's name, son's name, their nationality , when we got married, he even had me show him pictures from my cellphone of them and my family.  He asked me in 4 different ways if I was married and when, always changing the way he posed the question or the way I had to respond it. After he was done, I asked him why was all that, since I felt like a type of interrogation and he said that he is an Ex-Marine and that he wanted to make sure that I was not lying about things and that he had Interrogation training.

Anyways, there was a small problem due to some information being missing from my Green Card case, that fortunately he was able to find after going to talk to some one else a couple of times, I was getting nervous but finally everything went well. 

Oh , forgot to mention, I was taken inside 25 minutes BEFORE my actual interview time, so get there early.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot Kamex009 for the detailed info, it will definitely help me.  Also by any chance do you remember the civic questions the officer asked you?  One last thing, where did they schedule your oath - is it in OC or LA? Congratulations again and thank you for your response to my question 

Timeline

@ss24    * What is the name of the first 10 ammendments,  

* we elect a president in what month

* longest river

* when was the declaration of independence

Cant' remember the other 2 , but to be honest, they ask which ever they want, so just know them all .

I still haven't received the update on the OATH file uploaded, but I'm hoping its on the 23rd,  I have so many things to do when I get the naturalization paper. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

@ss24    * What is the name of the first 10 ammendments,  

* we elect a president in what month

* longest river

* when was the declaration of independence

Cant' remember the other 2 , but to be honest, they ask which ever they want, so just know them all .

I still haven't received the update on the OATH file uploaded, but I'm hoping its on the 23rd,  I have so many things to do when I get the naturalization paper. 

Thank you again. I agree, there are lots of things that need to be done after the oath.. at least one thing is off the list for you after the interview.

Timeline

Got a couple of questions for the people that got naturalized recently:

* If you applied for the US passport, do you have to send the original Naturalization Certificate for the whole time it takes to process the passport ( 6-8 weeks) ?

* If you had to change your SS Card, where you able to do the change without having to leave the Naturalization certificate at the SS office for the length of the processing of the new card ? 

* if you applied for a GC for an immediate relative, did you send the Naturalization Certificate and know when it will be sent back to you ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

PD: Aug 12 2016 . Dang, the long frustrating wait continues. I have had no updates since my biometrics on Sep 6th. All of a sudden I get a new biometrics notice for May 18th. Scheduled an Infopass today, the lady had no idea why I got the new notice, she just suggested I just attend the appointment. What a crazy system. 8 months and they now want biometrics again. nice. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Timeline
7 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

PD: Aug 12 2016 . Dang, the long frustrating wait continues. I have had no updates since my biometrics on Sep 6th. All of a sudden I get a new biometrics notice for May 18th. Scheduled an Infopass today, the lady had no idea why I got the new notice, she just suggested I just attend the appointment. What a crazy system. 8 months and they now want biometrics again. nice. 

I had the same experience, and they sent me a letter stating my FP were valid and in the system. It didn't change anything though. To me they suggested not to go to future appointments but I wonder if that would have made things faster...

Read the following and good luck!

Ok... this is really important. Some of you might know it but here it is:
The other day I went to the Boston FO., and that was the best thing I ever did.

They are punctual and the very nice woman helped me to understand how all this mess works and helped my with my specific case as well.

She said:
1. IOE cases are problematic because the system wasn't actually ready for the amount of petitions it got. So... IOE holders, be aware!
2. Calling the national service number is a bad idea for three reasons: (a) they have outdated info, (b) every time you call they have to pull your file and then they put it back to the end of the pile (I don't understand how it happens with digital files, but whatever...), and (c) they cannot actually do anything about your case (even if you get through the obnoxious tier 1 to tier 2)
3. my particular case was already in queue for interview but somehow stuck. She was able to talk to her supervisor and file a request to pull it to the Boston FO . She estimates 2-3 weeks till it gets there.

In conclusion,
SCHEDULE AND INFOPASS!!!
If you dont find a spot, I was told they have 12 spots available for people who come very early in the morning - I think she said 6:30am.

****** I think this insights should be shared with all petitioners in the forum since apply to us all.*******

Edited by sepiu
more info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.