Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Lane O said:

Yep for sure its May 23, either morning or afternoon! 

Looks like you will miss the May 23 oath, so you would be June 13 in Ontario or June 20 in Pasadena.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, babyduck said:

Congrats! Do you know if the oath letter is uploaded in our account? I got the text notification on Wed, but not letter yet.

Same here as of just now.

Judging by @javierita 's case and another case I was following from Seattle (different forum) I think we'll be scheduled for Wednesday May 3rd (the trend being 2 weeks after the interview) 

Edited by MikloGoesLegit

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations @ChristianZane  , very well deserved after a long journey !!

I'm in the OC , my Interview is on May 9th and I'm hoping I could get into the May 23rd Oath Ceremony.Crossing fingers!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

Congratulations @ChristianZane  , very well deserved after a long journey !!

I'm in the OC , my Interview is on May 9th and I'm hoping I could get into the May 23rd Oath Ceremony.Crossing fingers!

Thanks!  I don't think you will get into May 23rd as it's too close to the notice date, you would receive that notice in the mail around May 18th and I don't think they would schedule it that tight but you never know!

4 hours ago, babyduck said:

Wow 5000 people!! The oath ceremony in Seattle is not grand at all. It's held in the same area as the Natz interview waiting room. I witnessed it while I was waiting. They made everyone (less than 50 people)  recite the oath and distributed the Natz certificates. Took 10 minutes total lol.

I think I had my oath the day you were doing your interview! We waited in the waiting room like you described,  but at 1:30pm,  family and friends were asked to go downstairs to the auditorium. We were handed a little white envelope with paperwork (certificate holder, paper with oath, plus oath of allegiance and the National anthem, a little American flag, a passport application, and something else I can't remember). We then went downstairs and the ceremony was in an auditorium. Our family and friends were waiting downstairs for us! After doing the oaths, singing the national anthem, and watching some videos,  we were all called to the stage by name and we got our picture taken as we received our certificates! It was small but very cute and sweet and the whole thing took a little over an hour :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, javierita said:

I think I had my oath the day you were doing your interview! We waited in the waiting room like you described,  but at 1:30pm,  family and friends were asked to go downstairs to the auditorium. We were handed a little white envelope with paperwork (certificate holder, paper with oath, plus oath of allegiance and the National anthem, a little American flag, a passport application, and something else I can't remember). We then went downstairs and the ceremony was in an auditorium. Our family and friends were waiting downstairs for us! After doing the oaths, singing the national anthem, and watching some videos,  we were all called to the stage by name and we got our picture taken as we received our certificates! It was small but very cute and sweet and the whole thing took a little over an hour :)

Oh I am really glad to hear that. I was hoping for a bit of excitement and this sounds way better than how I assumed it went down haha. Thanks for the clarification.

14 minutes ago, babyduck said:

Oh I am really glad to hear that. I was hoping for a bit of excitement and this sounds way better than how I assumed it went down haha. Thanks for the clarification.

Hehe no problem! It's a lovely little ceremony. There was plenty of space for family and friends so don't feel bad about bringing people! It was casual, a couple of people brought their toddlers. I thought it would be fun to tell other seattle filers what happens. The letter just says show up at 1:30 (or whatever time) but nothing about being early like the interview letter  ("please be 30 min early). Instead of checking in downstairs you just go straight upstairs and sit in the waiting room. A lot of us were wondering if we were in the right place! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Guys, I am feeling so bad and disappointed now. My PD was August 16 and my Filling office is Houston. It's more than 8 months and everything is dead silent. Too much stress with this and I can not do anything with it. Can somebody please tell me what to do to push this thing faster? Even pay more money for it... ???

Hi guys,

i am in seattle. My pd is 8/19/2016. My receipt number start with IOE. i saw other people with the same priority date already has interviewed schedule. My wife and I have the same pd date and our uscis status still say that fingerprint has been scheduled. I am getting worried. Anyone else has the same priority date and still waiting for interview appt? 

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On Thu Apr 20 2017 at 1:57 PM, Jingle Jungle said:

I called USCIS today, and ask for the FO current processing time.  I was told the same information that i can find from the USCIS website - processing cases as of date 06/20/2016.  So i pointed out that as of 02/28/2017, the FO is processing 06/10/2016 cases.  the operator told me 06/10/2016 cases are currently what they are processing, and she told me if i look at the bottom right corner of the page, it says "last updated: April 18, 2017".  based on her, as of 04/18/2017, FO is still processing 06/10/2016 cases, and 02/28/2017 date doesn't really mean anything.  

I really don't think so, my understanding from the website is 04/18/2017 is the last time USCIS were able to update the website, and they provided the information as of 02/28/2017.  I requested the L2 operator to call me back, but it sounds like it will be a while.  Can anyone here back me up while I am waiting the call back?  I am a little worried right now.

thank you all! 

I think you should make an infopass appointment. I heard they will be holding an outreach event in ocala soon for pending case status. Goodluck 

10 hours ago, Bimmerguy said:

Guys, I am feeling so bad and disappointed now. My PD was August 16 and my Filling office is Houston. It's more than 8 months and everything is dead silent. Too much stress with this and I can not do anything with it. Can somebody please tell me what to do to push this thing faster? Even pay more money for it... ???

You should request to talk to L2 officer. That's what I did. I have an interview on May 19. The L2 officer created an e-request for me to check on my case then next day I received the notification that I was scheduled for interview. My PD is August 22. 

Edited by Lane O

47 minutes ago, Lane O said:

You should request to talk to L2 officer. That's what I did. I have an interview on May 19. The L2 officer created an e-request for me to check on my case then next day I received the notification that I was scheduled for interview. My PD is August 22. 

I requested L2 officer to create service request, but L2 officer do not wanted to to. He said to wait and see . All L2 officer are not same :(

Timeline
10 hours ago, Gibot said:

Hi guys,

i am in seattle. My pd is 8/19/2016. My receipt number start with IOE. i saw other people with the same priority date already has interviewed schedule. My wife and I have the same pd date and our uscis status still say that fingerprint has been scheduled. I am getting worried. Anyone else has the same priority date and still waiting for interview appt? 

I am also in Seattle and I just had my interview, my PD is 8/8. I have been in touch with someone with my same PD also in Seattle, and our cases have pretty much moved forward identically. I would assume that you should have had your interview scheduled by now unless say, those people you mentioned with your same PD just got their interviews scheduled a day or two ago. Seattle IOE files do not change status to in line for interview scheduling, so that usually is cause for worry that shouldn't be if they updated movement like other FOs do. It just goes from "fingerprints" to "interview."

I would call USCIS and ask to speak to an L2. They usually return your call within a few hours. They would be able to tell you whether your case is still in background checks, and if not (some people have had their files "overlooked") it might prompt USCIS to check up on it and help it move along in the rotation. 

Now if they can't tell you anything, you could schedule an infopass, but when I did all that, they basically just said the same things the L2 had said to me over the phone. The difference here is, you seem to be already behind schedule, while I wasn't, and they did confirm that my file was with my FO and I had cleared the background checks. 

Good news is, my IO was a new officer. Seattle had reportedly lost a few IOs at the beginning of the year which was slowing down the processing of applications, so we should start seeing faster movement in the following months.

Good luck to you! you will hear something, sooner or later, I know it's hard to wait for months when one is so close to being done, but other than calling to check up on things, all we can do is be patient and wait for them to eventually get to our file.

Timeline

Post interview update: 

Last night my oath notice was uploaded to my account online. I have a May 2nd oath at 1:30 pm. Can't believe I am almost done with this! It's definitely a surreal feeling.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. You are closer each passing day!

And thank you to everyone on this thread and all other threads online for posting about your experiences and cases, if I hadn't had this resource I would have had a much more difficult time enduring the months of silence from USCIS. This is an invaluable community, it goes to show how much we can help each other when there's empathy, which comes from being in the same situation as someone else. I will keep posting and trying to help out as much as I can as I have been helped by others thus far.

Timeline
16 hours ago, javierita said:

Thank you for posting about your experience! I like to know what to expect and this was perfect. I have my oath coming up on May 2nd. Had a question, do they use the photos you sent in with your N400 or the ones from the Biometrics? thanks and congrats on becoming a US citizen and coming to the end of your immigration journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.