24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My wife was raise and live in but not born in Vietnam. I am the USC. If you read my OP, I did request them to send again but was also looking for similar experience for help/advice. Thanks for your input.

For those of you who went through similar experience. How long does it take for them to resend the card?

It took my cousin about 10 months for her to get it back. That was in 2009. Don't know of anyone with same experience

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It took my cousin about 10 months for her to get it back. That was in 2009. Don't know of anyone with same experience

wow I really hope it doesn't take 10 months to get them to resend the card to us.

Timeline

Korruptor - I feel your pain. One of your assumptions is probably correct: Too lazy to go the extra step for your delivery. I hold several USPS mailing permits (publishing biz) and have had numerous problems with incompetency. The USPS will often drop a "Notice of Delivery" card with the rest of your mail. This is the little colored card that notifies you of a delivery attempt. However, these cards are often lost or overlooked - it's a horrible system that gets a lot of complaints.

It's hard to avoid the USPS when dealing with government agencies - for obvious reasons. Incompetency breeds incompetency.

Good luck!

I wish they have the option for us to just go pick it up at the office instead of trying to deliver it to us. Hopefully I heard back from them soon and no issue getting them to resend the card ASAP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Korruptor - I feel your pain. One of your assumptions is probably correct: Too lazy to go the extra step for your delivery. I hold several USPS mailing permits (publishing biz) and have had numerous problems with incompetency. The USPS will often drop a "Notice of Delivery" card with the rest of your mail. This is the little colored card that notifies you of a delivery attempt. However, these cards are often lost or overlooked - it's a horrible system that gets a lot of complaints.

It's hard to avoid the USPS when dealing with government agencies - for obvious reasons. Incompetency breeds incompetency.

Good luck!

This is what Aaron means

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

wow I really hope it doesn't take 10 months to get them to resend the card to us.

They tend to forget about you when you miss it. I remember they gave my cousin a hard time. She had to fill forms and co before she got it again. So don't be surprised if they tell you to go through fill forms again to get it. Hope things have changed since then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had similar experience, our fill in USPS delivery guy took it upon himself to return my husbands Immigration letters due to the fact that he didnt recognized his name.(I lived in my house for 14 yrs). SSN cards were also returned as well and we had to get a replacement. I spoke with USPS manager and all they could do is apologize. It took me 2 months after reguesting from USCIS via email to send it again and to find out what was sent and returned. I also write his name in the box so it will not happen again. It is frustrating when we have been waiting for progress for so long for it to be returned just because of incompetence. You are not alone, we are just the unlucky ones....

Timeline

Had similar experience, our fill in USPS delivery guy took it upon himself to return my husbands Immigration letters due to the fact that he didnt recognized his name.(I lived in my house for 14 yrs). SSN cards were also returned as well and we had to get a replacement. I spoke with USPS manager and all they could do is apologize. It took me 2 months after reguesting from USCIS via email to send it again and to find out what was sent and returned. I also write his name in the box so it will not happen again. It is frustrating when we have been waiting for progress for so long for it to be returned just because of incompetence. You are not alone, we are just the unlucky ones....

I made a e-request for them to re-send the card, hopefully they won't give me a hard time and just re-send it ASAP.

Almost, the same thing happened to me recently (not for greencard though) . I was waiting for a package from France. My mailbox has never been blocked by anything. USPS never attempted to deliver. I emailed company in France(thinking it had not been shipped), and they told me it was at the Post Office. I picked up the package (small padded envelope) at my local office and it had a notice on it that said receptacle blocked. The postal worker told me that they were just about to return it to sender, because it had been there 15 days. The next day there was a notice stuck on my front door for the package I had already picked up. Thanks USPS!!!

06/28/15 Married in Costa Rica

11/25/15 sent 3 I-130's

12/01/15 3 NOA1's

04/14/16 3 I-130's approved

04/19/16 NVC received 3 cases

04/28/16 Received DS-261/AOS bill

04/28/16 Received IV-Bill's

04/28/16 Pay AOS Bill (1 fee)

04/28/16 Pay IV Bill (3 fees)

05/17/16 Submit 3 DS-261's

06/07/16 Send AOS Package

06/07/16 Send 3 IV packages

06/14/16 NVC scan date 3 cases

07/15/16 CC for CR-1(was told on phone case complete and waiting for 2-CR-2 cases)

07/18/16 Checklist for 2 CR-2's (missing I-864 for both children)('correction' agent failed to send individual I-864 for each applicant, sent 3 copies of I-864 for wife)

07/19/16 Send response to checklist via FedEx (two I-864's for two CR-2's )

07/21/16 2nd scan date, NVC received checklists responses

07/27/16 Sent expedite email request to NVC. Request children's cases to join Wife's completed case.

08/11/16 Email from NVC; US Embassy, San Jose is willing to expedite, 3 cases/ waiting for review of checklists

09/02/16 call to NVC, 6 weeks point, now waiting for supervisor review

09/22/16 CC for both CR-2 cases (took 2 months to review)

09/27/16 3 expedited visa statuses changed to "in transit"

10/04/16 3 cases at embassy status changed to "ready", waiting for interview instructions

10/05/16 Received instructions email from embassy, without interview date

10/07/16 Wife and kids went to medical (Walk-in). Completed X-ray, Urine, Blood. Scheduled physical for 10/12/16

10/12/16 Wife and Kids completed physical and received sealed medicals.

10/19/16 Interview request email sent to embassy

10/26/16 Embassy provided interview date

11/03/16 Interview - APPROVED ALL 3!!

11/14/16 Picked up passports with visas?

12/01/16 Entry at Atlanta?

10/16/18 I-751 Mailed to California

10/19/18 I-751 Delivered

11/05/18 I-751 Check posted to account(no text or email, account says Phoenix on transaction)

Timeline

Almost, the same thing happened to me recently (not for greencard though) . I was waiting for a package from France. My mailbox has never been blocked by anything. USPS never attempted to deliver. I emailed company in France(thinking it had not been shipped), and they told me it was at the Post Office. I picked up the package (small padded envelope) at my local office and it had a notice on it that said receptacle blocked. The postal worker told me that they were just about to return it to sender, because it had been there 15 days. The next day there was a notice stuck on my front door for the package I had already picked up. Thanks USPS!!!

SMH..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.