J/G

K-1 US Embassy Jakarta Informations

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

After reading all messages in Indonesia portal and still unable to find the answers of many of my questions, I emailed the US Embassy Jakarta. The following is my corespondence with the US Embassy Representative, I copy-and-pasted them here hopefully help other that are also filing / Petitioning from Jakarta.

Disclaimer:

1. We are petitioning for I-129F Petition / K-1 Visa. And both me (beneficiary) and the petitioner (USC) are both residing outside the US throughout the whole process.
  2. My questions are typed in blue while the answer from the US Embassy in BOLD RED writings.

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016
To: Jakarta, Consul
Subject: Re: K-1 Visa Questions - Indonesia

28 July 2016

Good Morning Sir / Madam,

U.S. Embassy Jakarta

Indonesia

This morning (28 July 2016; 9:43AM Central Indonesia Time) I phoned the US Embassy in Jakarta (+62 21 30490274). The lady with whom I was speaking to advised me to send an email to JakConsul@state.gov regarding my inquiries on my K-1 Visa Application, so here it goes:

My name is **** (Indonesian Passport No. ****; Date of Birth: ****). In July 19 2016, I received an email from the USCIS stating that my I-129F Petition for Fiancé (Case Number: ****) has been approved. While waiting to hopefully soon receive further notice / instruction from the National Visa Center and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta my Fiancé and I have been reading and working to collect the required documents for my K-1 Visa application pack. We have some questions regarding this required documents:

1. Could you please clarify that the U.S. Embassy Jakarta accepts co-sponsor for the I-134 Form? YES
  2. Could you please clarify that there is no need for my Fiancé and / or our Co-sponsor to notarize the I-134 Forms that we will be submitting along in the application? NO NEED
  3. Could you please specify what supporting documents that my Fiancé and our Co-sponsor (both are U.S. Citizens) need to submit along with our I-134 Form? I read online that these supporting documents may differ from one Embassy to another.

One year U.S. income tax returns 1040 and W-2 (copies are acceptable)

Bank statements or proof of assets (if available)

Letter of employment or job offer (if available)

1. Could you please clarify that I am NOT required to submit any form of Police Clearance Certificate from Indonesian Police Department? YES
  2. I will be submitting a Police Clearance Certificate from the Australian Federal Police (AFP) as I have lived in Australia for 2 years for my master study. From the Australian Federal Police's website I gathered that my this Clearance Certificate will state that the purpose of the certificate is for "Overseas employment / visa - for supply to a country other than Australia". Being that the underlined statement is the only option that deemed suitable by the Australian Federal Police officer I spoke to this morning via international call and the fact that I am not able to add custom message / statement in the certificate, could you please clarify that there will be no issue regarding the underlined statement? YES
  3. I believe I am required to submit a translated version of my Birth Certificate (originally in Bahasa). Am I able to translate and type the translation myself or I must use the service of an Embassy-appointed sworn translator? Should the later be the case, could you please help me with a list of sworn translators that are appointed by the Embassy? ANY SWORN TRANSLATORS
  4. Assuming the approval of my K-1 Visa, how many days from the day of interview will I be able to collect my passport / K-1 Visa? IF ALL DOCUMENTS COMPLETE AND NO ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS REQUIRED, NORMALLY IT TAKES ABOUT 3 BUSINESS DAYS.

The following questions are related to my impending Medical Test / Requirements:

1. Where do I obtain the most updated version of the DS-2053; DS-3024; DS-3025; and DS-3026 Form(s)? Should I have these document(s) / form(s) ready prior to the medical test or the clinic will prepare them for me? AT THE CLINIC
  2. Would I be required to collect the medical test result(s) and have them ready with me during my K-1 Visa interview OR would the clinic arrange for the result(s) to be delivered to the U.S. Embassy? collect the medical test result(s) and have them ready with me during my K-1 Visa interview
  3. Could you please clarify whether my Fiancé is required to attend my Medical Test in Jakarta? NO

Lastly, we are planning for my Fiancé to attend my K-1 Visa interview with me in Jakarta. I believe that this will not be an issue, am I correct? YES Other than his valid U.S. Passport and / or U.S. Birth Certificate what other document does my Fiancé need to bring? PASSPORT ONLY

Thank you in advance for your clarifications and answers. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

J/G

I hope this help others who are filling / interviewing in Indonesia.

Good luck for all.

J/G

Timeline

The Jakarta embassy will email the U.S. citizen to get contact info for the beneficiary. They will then email the beneficiary "packet 3". Here is a copy of the "packet 3" email you will receive from the Jakarta embassy:

U.S. Embassy Jakarta have received the approved I-129F.
Please complete following and submit them to the embassy within 4 months.
1. Passport must be valid for 8 months or more
2. DS-160<http://jakarta.usembassy.gov<http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/>

Edited by Miera&Marty

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Indonesia

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-05-19

NVC Received : 2016-07-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-07-08

NVC Left : 2016-07-11

Consulate Received : 2016-07-13

Packet 3 Received : 2016-07-26

Packet 3 Sent : 2016-07-26

Packet 4 Received : 2016-07-26

Interview Date : 2016-08-10 icon13.gifSubmit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2016-08-13

Timeline

Also, just found out that your fiance' will need 6 passport type photos for the medical exam. I have no idea why they need 6. lol

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Indonesia

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-05-19

NVC Received : 2016-07-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-07-08

NVC Left : 2016-07-11

Consulate Received : 2016-07-13

Packet 3 Received : 2016-07-26

Packet 3 Sent : 2016-07-26

Packet 4 Received : 2016-07-26

Interview Date : 2016-08-10 icon13.gifSubmit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2016-08-13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia: East and Pacific Regional Forum~

~Commentary is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Dear VJ Members,

I have more questions regarding preparing my Packet 3.

Disclaimer: Both Petitioner & Beneficiary live abroad / outside the U.S.. We received NOA2 by email and are still waiting further notice from NVC and Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia.

QUESTION 1: Regarding the "Letter of Intent to Marry"; one from Beneficiary and one from Petitioner, can we just sent the same letter as submitted in our I-129F Petition Pack but with updated signing date? OR is there a recommended template for this letter specifically for the Packet 3?

QUESTION 2: My fiancé (the USC Petitioner) is retired and haven't had any income in approximately 7 years. How to best answer Question #7 in I-134 Form bellow:

7. I am employed as or engaged in the business of with _________ (Type of Business) with __________ (Name of Concern) at ________(Street Number and Name (City) (State) (Zip Code)

QUESTION 3: Can someone please clarify the process of K-1 Visa payment for Jakarta Embassy?? Am I paying the fee BEFORE the interview via bank transfer OR during the interview at the embassy?

Please advise.

MANY THANKS.

J/G.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread has been moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Asia/East & Pacific forum and merged with an existing thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 years later...

Can I just confirm that from what I read.  The beneficiary need not collect the medical exam results from the Hospital.  The doctors at Bintaro will send the results directly to the embassy, correct?

Thanks

Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 2:32 AM, Johnny3 said:

Can I just confirm that from what I read.  The beneficiary need not collect the medical exam results from the Hospital.  The doctors at Bintaro will send the results directly to the embassy, correct?

Thanks

That's correct. You can schedule an interview with the embassy as soon as you are done with the medical exam. No need to wait for embassy to receive your result.

Thank you @nj2202.  With regards to fee payment, can the US$265 be paid on the day of the interview?  And if that is possible, is it only in cash or is debit/credit also allowed?  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Johnny3 said:

Thank you @nj2202.  With regards to fee payment, can the US$265 be paid on the day of the interview?  And if that is possible, is it only in cash or is debit/credit also allowed?  

Yes, can be paid on the day of interview. Although, I'm not sure if credit/debit card can be accepted. My fiance paid in cash. Bring sufficient cash to be on the safe side

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.