"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

I'm confused.  My husband's visa category is IRI, what is the USC means? I still can't get in. 

19 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

I'm confused.  My husband's visa category is IRI, what is the USC means? I still can't get in. 

What is the difference of GCP and PDOS? So which category should i choose? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

U.S. Citizen  = You (foreigner)

Spouse of USC completes GCP

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

What is the difference of GCP and PDOS? So which category should i choose? 

Are you leaving as fiancé(e) /spouse or partner of a foreigner or a former Filipino?
     If yes, then you need to attend the Guidance Counseling Program (GCP)!  "

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Are you leaving as fiancé(e) /spouse or partner of a foreigner or a former Filipino?
     If yes, then you need to attend the Guidance Counseling Program (GCP)!  "

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

So There's no available slots this month, next month on the 3rd week has the extra slots, can i still choose December instead?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

So There's no available slots this month, next month on the 3rd week has the extra slots, can i still choose December instead?

Why wait until December?  Get the seminar done, get the sticker   then CFO is history.

Make sure to bring the required documents to the seminar

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Why wait until December?  Get the seminar done, get the sticker   then CFO is history.

Make sure to bring the required documents to the seminar

The thing is, my husband is staying in a hotel in manila since sept22, when we got the mail regarding his interview schedule,  his schedule of interview was oct 11 and lastnight he just had his visa packet, i was thinking we're spending too much on his stay in a hotel, So when i saw that there's no available slot this coming week until the 3rdweek of Nov. I was thinking he go back home in our province and go back to manila again to attend the seminar on December..

Timeline
1 hour ago, ashleyzarate said:

The thing is, my husband is staying in a hotel in manila since sept22, when we got the mail regarding his interview schedule,  his schedule of interview was oct 11 and lastnight he just had his visa packet, i was thinking we're spending too much on his stay in a hotel, So when i saw that there's no available slot this coming week until the 3rdweek of Nov. I was thinking he go back home in our province and go back to manila again to attend the seminar on December..

Ah .. I do understand that one.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 8 months later...

Immigration really giving us hard times. I have same issues too. I have 6 mos old son and he has US passport and rcba. We didn’t know about an infant needed an ecc when his mother a Filipino and he was born here in the Philippines. The immigration officer at the airport didn’t allow us to go through because our son needed an ecc because he’s foreigner! I couldn’t believe it! I have to rebook our tickets because it’s non refundable, agh! Now I have to go immigration, I don’t know what I’m going to expect, but some things are for sure - it would costs us much, it will take forever, lots of paper works that will ask you from you (even some are unnecessary, from previous experiences). So how long does it usually take? Do I have to comeback to pick it up?  

Timeline
2 hours ago, macairysse said:

Immigration really giving us hard times. I have same issues too. I have 6 mos old son and he has US passport and rcba. We didn’t know about an infant needed an ecc when his mother a Filipino and he was born here in the Philippines. The immigration officer at the airport didn’t allow us to go through because our son needed an ecc because he’s foreigner! I couldn’t believe it! I have to rebook our tickets because it’s non refundable, agh! Now I have to go immigration, I don’t know what I’m going to expect, but some things are for sure - it would costs us much, it will take forever, lots of paper works that will ask you from you (even some are unnecessary, from previous experiences). So how long does it usually take? Do I have to comeback to pick it up?  

ECC fee document should be fairly quick to receive as there it has very limited validity time frame.

OR.  Go to DFA and get his Philippine passport ... no ECC fee then.  No appt needed at DFA for infants, but it can take 3 weeks or so to get the passport back.   You can pay for expedite with this.    For future travels to the Philippines you would really want this completed ....  K.I.S.S.

Philippine passport info near the bottom of this page:

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 hours ago, Hank_ said:

ECC fee document should be fairly quick to receive as there it has very limited validity time frame.

OR.  Go to DFA and get his Philippine passport ... no ECC fee then.  No appt needed at DFA for infants, but it can take 3 weeks or so to get the passport back.   You can pay for expedite with this.    For future travels to the Philippines you would really want this completed ....  K.I.S.S.

Philippine passport info near the bottom of this page:

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

As mention most get a PI passport for this so they don't have to pay overstay fees and leaving county is much easier with two passports

ChickBoy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.