BI Fees for Exit Clearance?

57 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, MsPinay said:

why did you not apply CRBA and phil passport right away?

You are right, If I known better. The process is just too tedious.  

04/21/2016 : Married

11/17/2016 : I-130 sent ( NSO marriage certificate took forever) 

11/23/2016 : I-130 case accepted notified by email NOA1

01/27/2017 : USCIS APPROVED NOA2

02/04/2017 : NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

02/28/2017 : Case received by NVC

03/02/2017 : Agent assigned 

03/07/2017 : Case number assigned with invoice

03/28/2017 : Fees paid (IV and AOS)
04/05/2017 : DS260 online form completed
04/09/2017 : IV and AOS package sent to NVC
04/12/2017 : Requested for NVC expedite
04/17/2017:  NVC expedite approved 

04/18/2017:  In Transit 

04/20/2017: Received in Manila (may schedule for interview)
05/11/2017: SLEC -CLEARED 
05/25/2017: Interview @ Manila Embassy - APPROVED

05/30/2017: VISA on hand plus packet

06/08/2017: POE: California  

06/14/2017: Social Security card received through DS260 filing

06/24/2017: Green card received 

CRBA 

04/10/2017: CRBA sent to Embassy via FedEx 

04/19/2017: Appointment scheduled 

05/04/2017: Interviewed and approved 

05/17/2017: CRBA certificate on hand

05/26/2017: U.S Passport on hand

06/02/2017: Paid for ECC and Extension fees

06/08/2017: POE

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. My story here is am a dual citizen ( US & PH citizen) my husband is a filipino citizen. I gave birth to our son in the US, w/c makes him a US citzen. When i gave birth, that time me and my husband wasn't married yet, my son's last name instead of his dad's, it's my lastname written on his birth cert. ,and one think is my husband was in the Philippines back than so he can't sign. 

My son and I went to the philippines (Feb2016) and planned to leave him with his dad for me to work, bcos it's hard to work w a baby with me here in the U.S

Our son is turning 3 years old next month. Now that am picking up both my son and husband in the Philippines to comeover here in the US., questions is, how much do i pay for my son's overstaying in the Philippines???

...and one more think am also gonna apply for his Philippine passport when i get to there. 

Thank you guys. Hope you could help me pls.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

Hi everyone. My story here is am a dual citizen ( US & PH citizen) my husband is a filipino citizen. I gave birth to our son in the US, w/c makes him a US citzen. When i gave birth, that time me and my husband wasn't married yet, my son's last name instead of his dad's, it's my lastname written on his birth cert. ,and one think is my husband was in the Philippines back than so he can't sign. 

My son and I went to the philippines (Feb2016) and planned to leave him with his dad for me to work, bcos it's hard to work w a baby with me here in the U.S

Our son is turning 3 years old next month. Now that am picking up both my son and husband in the Philippines to comeover here in the US., questions is, how much do i pay for my son's overstaying in the Philippines???

...and one more think am also gonna apply for his Philippine passport when i get to there. 

Thank you guys. Hope you could help me pls.

Did you complete Report of Birth with the consulate representing the state where your son was born?    Without having completed ROB in the eyes of the Philippines your son is a U.S. citizen only.   You need to complete ROB with the consulate in the USA before you can apply for his Philippines passport.  This can all be done by mail.   Get this done!  Takes 6-8 weeks.   Once you have this done,  you can then request the PSA Birth Certificate for you son while you are in the Philippines THEN you can head over to DFA (no appointment necessary as your son is only 3 years old) and apply for his Philippine passport.

Once your son has his Philippine passport  ... over-stay is no longer a topic.

If you don't get your son's Philippines passport .. then over-stay is an issue ..    Being you are asking about over-stay I am gathering your husband did not keep his son's tourist visa current with the Bureau of Immigration.       And B-I is where you would handle the over-stay fee along with the ECC fee.

Get your son's birth reported through the consulate, so that you can get the PSA birth certificate .. so your son can get his Philippines passport DFA.     Once your son has his Philippine passport there is no such thing as OVER-STAY. (yup I am repeating myself... it is THAT important !!!!) 

If you did complete ROB .. then just get your son his Philippines passport.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 9/22/2018 at 4:32 PM, Hank_ said:

Did you complete Report of Birth with the consulate representing the state where your son was born?    Without having completed ROB in the eyes of the Philippines your son is a U.S. citizen only.   You need to complete ROB with the consulate in the USA before you can apply for his Philippines passport.  This can all be done by mail.   Get this done!  Takes 6-8 weeks.   Once you have this done,  you can then request the PSA Birth Certificate for you son while you are in the Philippines THEN you can head over to DFA (no appointment necessary as your son is only 3 years old) and apply for his Philippine passport.

If you don't get your son's Philippines passport .. then over-stay is an issue ..    Being you are asking about over-stay I am gathering your husband did not keep his son's tourist visa current with the Bureau of Immigration.       And B-I is where you would handle the over-stay fee along with the ECC fee.

Get your son's birth reported through the consulate, so that you can get the PSA birth certificate .. so your son can get his Philippines passport DFA.     Once your son has his Philippine passport there is no such thing as OVER-STAY. (yup I am repeating myself... it is THAT important !!!!) 

Yes,I applied for his ROB already ,but the think is i send it to my husband in the PH, thinking he could do all the application for the PH passport but he cannot due to his name isn't in the birth cert. So i have to be the one to do it and am planning to go back to the Philippines probably this coming Dec.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, ashleyzarate said:

Yes,I applied for his ROB already ,but the think is i send it to my husband in the PH, thinking he could do all the application for the PH passport but he cannot due to his name isn't in the birth cert. So i have to be the one to do it and am planning to go back to the Philippines probably this coming Dec.  

Can't complete the Report of Birth in the Philippines, unless the child was born in the Philippines.   You must complete Report of Birth through the consulate representing the state where the child was born.    If that is Texas then you must submit everything to the Los Angeles consulate.

When a child is born abroad to parents who are both Filipino citizens or to one (1) parent who is a Filipino citizen, i.e. one who has not been naturalized as a citizen of a foreign country, the child’s birth must be immediately reported to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which exercises jurisdiction over the place of birth. Please check here if the place of birth is within this Consulate’s jurisdiction; if not please check here .

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/civil-registry-2/report-of-birth-of-a-filipino-abroad

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Can't complete the Report of Birth in the Philippines, unless the child was born in the Philippines.   You must complete Report of Birth through the consulate representing the state where the child was born.    If that is Texas then you must submit everything to the Los Angeles consulate.

When a child is born abroad to parents who are both Filipino citizens or to one (1) parent who is a Filipino citizen, i.e. one who has not been naturalized as a citizen of a foreign country, the child’s birth must be immediately reported to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which exercises jurisdiction over the place of birth. Please check here if the place of birth is within this Consulate’s jurisdiction; if not please check here .

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/civil-registry-2/report-of-birth-of-a-filipino-abroad

I did complete his ROB in the consulate in new york, bcos he was born in NEw york, and the ROB document is with me. Am just waiting for my schedule to go to the Philippines this December so that's the time ill do all his Application for PH passport. Thank you so much for answering my questions, and helping me.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ashleyzarate said:

I did complete his ROB in the consulate in new york, bcos he was born in NEw york, and the ROB document is with me. Am just waiting for my schedule to go to the Philippines this December so that's the time ill do all his Application for PH passport. Thank you so much for answering my questions, and helping me.

EXCELLENT!!!!!      Great !!!  :thumbs:      

What you will want is the PSA copy/copies for DFA when you apply for the Philippine passport.   Because your son is under 7 years of ago, no appt needed at DFA. :)       Took my wife less than 2 weeks to get her new passport paying the expedite fee.

https://www.passport.gov.ph/

Once you have the Philippines passport .. no such thing as over-stay ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

23 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

EXCELLENT!!!!!      Great !!!  :thumbs:      

What you will want is the PSA copy/copies for DFA when you apply for the Philippine passport.   Because your son is under 7 years of ago, no appt needed at DFA. :)       Took my wife less than 2 weeks to get her new passport paying the expedite fee.

Once you have the Philippines passport .. no such thing as over-stay ;)  

Thank you so much Sir for your help. Ill update you once i got it or ill msg.here of i have some questions. 😊

23 hours ago, ashleyzarate said:

Thank you so much Sir for your help. Ill update you once i got it or ill msg.here of i have some questions. 😊

There's no expiration for the ROB? I filed mine since 2016,.. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, ashleyzarate said:

There's no expiration for the ROB? I filed mine since 2016,.. 

ROB is reporting a birth in a foreign country of a Philippine citizen, it will be the "official" birth certificate for that person in the Philippines.    What would expire?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

ROB is reporting a birth in a foreign country of a Philippine citizen, it will be the "official" birth certificate for that person in the Philippines.    What would expire?

Ok thank you..

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 6:16 AM, ashleyzarate said:

Wanted to clarify because I was born in the U.S, also Dual citizen, than i got married in the Philippines with my Filipino Citizen husband, than gave birth to our son in the U.S now is a U.S citizen. Do i still need to apply my son a Philippine passport before we leave the philippines because like I mentioned my son overstayed 1year in the Philippines . Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, ashleyzarate said:

Wanted to clarify because I was born in the U.S, also Dual citizen, than i got married in the Philippines with my Filipino Citizen husband, than gave birth to our son in the U.S now is a U.S citizen. Do i still need to apply my son a Philippine passport before we leave the philippines because like I mentioned my son overstayed 1year in the Philippines . Thanks

Your son having his Philippine passport you would save having to pay ECC fees to BI .    And for a year over-stay that could get costly

Nice thing is you don't need an appt for your son as he is under 7 years, you can use the courtesy line.  And you can have his passport in a few weeks.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.