richyrych

k1 visa interview questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you're in a true relationship you don't need to know the questions beforehand - you don't need to prepare, you just need to be honest. You already know all the answers to every single question then.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

If you have applied for a visa before they will most likely ask about that application, but mostly it's questions about your petitioner so as above says if the relationship is genuine you will be able to answer the questions.

I was asked about his job, how we met, his family and stuff like that. Not hard at all.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

How did you meet your fiance?

When did you meet in person?

How long have you known each other?

When was the last time you met your fiance? Where?

When did your fiance propose?

What do you love about your fiance?

When are you going to travel to the U.S.?

Have you every been to the U.S.?

If so, on what kind of visa did you travel to the U.S.? How long did you stay? When did you return?

What is your birthday?

What is your fiance's birthday?

Where was your fiance born?

What does your fiance do for living?

Where does your fiance work?

What is your fiance's designation at work?

Does your fiance have any brothers and sisters?

Where does your fiance live?

Where do your fiance's parents live?

Do you have any brothers and sisters?

What do your parents think about this engagement? Do they approve of it?

When did your fiance divorce?

Why did your fiance's first marriage not work out?

Does your fiance have any children? How many, how old? Do they live with your fiance?

Are you willing to take care of your fiance's children if they live with him/her?

When and where are you going to have the wedding?

How much time have you spent together?

Did you have an engagement party?

Did you make a formal announcement of your engagement to family and friends?

How do your families feel about your plans to get married?

Why are you getting married in the U.S. and not in your home country?

Can you show me the proof of arrangements your spouse has made for your marriage?

You may want to show the marriage invitation card, marriage hall booking, proof of shopping of clothes and jewelery, list of guests, arrangements for the food for the guests etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance was asked:

- His name and my name
- Where he was from in his country
- When/where we met
- How we met + "tell us more about your relationship"
- Whether or not I (petitioner) spoke his language
- Our respective ages
- Who "[name of our co-sponsor]" was
- The CO looked at some pictures and asked where the proposal picture had been taken

The one thing I disagree with from the list above is the part about wedding arrangements. The DoS specifically states not to make any travel arrangements or other arrangements before you receive a visa, so the CO should have ZERO expectation that you have planned anything. You don't need to have any wedding invitation, receipts for wedding clothes, booking with caterers, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for the above answer, It was curious to me that they would ask about the wedding when we cannot truly make any plans until they approve the visa

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

They asked me at my interview if I had any wedding arrangements and I just told them that we were going to get married in a courthouse as soon we could within the 90 days, and that we are going to have an actual ceremony later in the year.

Thank you for the above answer, It was curious to me that they would ask about the wedding when we cannot truly make any plans until they approve the visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.