Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm good, thanks for asking!! Trying not to think too much about waiting for the NOA2. I did hear that they received the RFE reply so I think I will hear from them this week and I REALLLLLLY hope my reply was what they needed. Did you hear from the NVC? Get your case number?

Not yet, I haven't called them either. Not sure if I should? It's only been about 2 weeks. But I have prepared all the necessary documents for my fiance. Do you know if the dates matter? I have the bank statement from last month, statement of intent to marry from this month. I didn't see any date requirements for these things. I have gathered all my proof of relationship stuff, I-134 and employer letter. Just trying to decide if I should mail my fiance all the documents now or wait.

I hope they review your RFE asap.. just didn't understand why they gave you the RFE in the first place. It was over tax documents?

Edited by Poubon

K1 

02/03/16, we met

06/18/16 engaged, I traveled to India and loved it!

07/15/16 I mailed i129F with money order

07/20/16 text receipt from USCIS received (NOA1)

09/01/16 NOA2 via online USCIS website check

09/06/16 NOA2 Official Letter received (I-797)

09/15/16 NVC Recieved file from USCIS...Called NVC and got case #

09/30/16 Fiance received letter from Embassy

10/17/16 Fiance's medical

10/24/16 medical will be ready for pickup

11/04/16 Biometrics

11/07/16 Interview Day ... Visa APPROVED :D

11/17/16 Visa received

11/25/16 POE, New York

12/24/16 Married (L)

AOS

02/07/17 Filed AOS

02/13/17 Text notification 1-797 soon to be mailed 

03/10/17 Biometrics appt letter recv'd

03/22/17 Bio Appt completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In regards to calling the NVC for the case number:

At that stage, I'm guessing it will depend on the embassy you'll be working with. For instance, if we call the NVC for a case number 2 weeks after receiving our NOA2, and we're able to get that case number, then my fiance can call to schedule his medical exam. Once he has the medical exam scheduled, he can fill out the forms online (DS-160 I believe), pay the K1 Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

Potentially we could have the interview scheduled only 6 weeks out from the date we receive our NOA2, according to the Timelines filtered for UK folks only. Other embassies may have a longer wait in general, so it's a good idea to research the time frames and Embassy information to get an idea. If we were to wait until the NVC sends our application to the embassy and then for the embassy to send us Packet 3 before he scheduled his medical and interview, it may be 8 to 9 weeks out from our NOA2 date.

Cutting out 2 to 3 weeks may not sound like a lot to some people, but to us it will be great Now if we can only receive our NOA2. :clock:

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

I am glad I am not the only UK petitioner still waiting! You have been waiting for so long Allison! I saw a case from the UK filed in early July get approved last night in the app. I really hope that was you!!!

Fingers crossed it was! If it wasn't I hope they approve you guys today!

edit: Fixed grammatical errors

Thank you, Kat&Jon! Still nothing yet.

I was looking at the timelines this morning, and only about half of the VJ people who received their NOA1 on July 6th have received their approvals. Same for July 7th. So I guess we're all in the same pile/box somewhere.

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

In regards to calling the NVC for the case number:

At that stage, I'm guessing it will depend on the embassy you'll be working with. For instance, if we call the NVC for a case number 2 weeks after receiving our NOA2, and we're able to get that case number, then my fiance can call to schedule his medical exam. Once he has the medical exam scheduled, he can fill out the forms online (DS-160 I believe), pay the K1 Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

Potentially we could have the interview scheduled only 6 weeks out from the date we receive our NOA2, according to the Timelines filtered for UK folks only. Other embassies may have a longer wait in general, so it's a good idea to research the time frames and Embassy information to get an idea. If we were to wait until the NVC sends our application to the embassy and then for the embassy to send us Packet 3 before he scheduled his medical and interview, it may be 8 to 9 weeks out from our NOA2 date.

Cutting out 2 to 3 weeks may not sound like a lot to some people, but to us it will be great Now if we can only receive our NOA2. :clock:

Hey Allison, That's all true! I guess it works differently in different countries. The last time we were approved my fiance was in the U.S. only 6 WEEKS after NOA2 and that was waiting for NVC to give us the number.. I did not call. them. So it was fast. From NOA2 I only waited 2 weeks before they contacted me with the number, . If i had called the NVC first... you can fill out the K1 application that day and pay the fee.. at the end of the application you can schedule the interview. Interviews in India were available the following week - had I scheduled it in this way(###)ming we had all documents ready) , our case would not even have arrived at the U.S. consulate yet. So I guess make sure you give your case enough time to reach the consulate/embassy it is going to if you are going to get your NVC number and schedule your interview.

Edited by CRamak

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Hey Allison, That's all true! I guess it works differently in different countries. The last time we were approved my fiance was in the U.S. only 6 WEEKS after NOA2 and that was waiting for NVC to give us the number.. I did not call. them. So it was fast. From NOA2 I only waited 2 weeks before they contacted me with the number, . If i had called the NVC first... you can fill out the K1 application that day and pay the fee.. at the end of the application you can schedule the interview. Interviews in India were available the following week - had I scheduled it in this way(###)ming we had all documents ready) , our case would not even have arrived at the U.S. consulate yet. So I guess make sure you give your case enough time to reach the consulate/embassy it is going to if you are going to get your NVC number and schedule your interview.

Interesting! I was under the impression that you don't hear anything from the NVC, that they only forward the case to the embassy and when the embassy sends you "packet 3", it's then that you get your case #.

Now if we can only get our NOA2. Gaaaaaaah!

And I Hope you get your approval soon! :dancing:

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Interesting! I was under the impression that you don't hear anything from the NVC, that they only forward the case to the embassy and when the embassy sends you "packet 3", it's then that you get your case #.

Now if we can only get our NOA2. Gaaaaaaah!

And I Hope you get your approval soon! :dancing:

Yup! I received a letter in the mail a little over two weeks after NOA2 from the NVC with my case number and stating they were forwarding the case to the consulate in India.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Yup! I received a letter in the mail a little over two weeks after NOA2 from the NVC with my case number and stating they were forwarding the case to the consulate in India.

Oh! Good to know! Thank you!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

July filer here. Our NOA 2 was Aug 24th. On Sept 9th I called NVC & they received it. Then they ha ve me our case number on Sept 13th. Then when I checked it online yesterday it said our petition is being sent to the Embassy.

Edited by Tam&Luke

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

Do we know if petitioner or beneficiary receives the packet 3 and/or instructions once the us embassy in their country receives our case?

In our case, yes my fiance received a packet with instructions in the mail once the case was received in his country by the embassy.. But we also did not need to wait for this... The K1 application was online and so were the instructions.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

In our case, yes my fiance received a packet with instructions in the mail once the case was received in his country by the embassy.. But we also did not need to wait for this... The K1 application was online and so were the instructions.

Great! Thank you for your response! I have already received my NVC case number and saw that the case status was sent to the US Embassy in the country that she's in.

The case status now says that it's ready to schedule interview but she still needs to gather some more documents to be ready for the interview.

I know that it varies from country to country, but do you or does anyone know how long the wait is once we schedule an interview appointment? I don't want to schedule it and her still not have all of her documents by the time the interview comes around.

Timeline

Great! Thank you for your response! I have already received my NVC case number and saw that the case status was sent to the US Embassy in the country that she's in.

The case status now says that it's ready to schedule interview but she still needs to gather some more documents to be ready for the interview.

I know that it varies from country to country, but do you or does anyone know how long the wait is once we schedule an interview appointment? I don't want to schedule it and her still not have all of her documents by the time the interview comes around.

If I recall I think he received the packet about 2 weeks after I received the NVC number. But like I said, he did not need the packet at all. There was nothing in there he needed. In fact, we used an immigration laywer that first time around and he told us we did not need to wait for the packet to proceed. The packet was only useful in the sense that we knew the case had arrived in India. All instructions were online.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Timeline

Wishing everyone luck today!! To all of us STILLLLLL waiting for those NOA2s...(today will be the day the pile of beginning of July filers gets attention along with the rest!) it's Sept 15th. Halfway through this month.. Let's all think good thoughts today! And all of you waiting for the NVC numbers and to make other progress I hope things go well. Keep writing and letting us know how it goes. It's nice to hear about people getting one step further to living their lives together in the same place!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Timeline

Wishing everyone luck today!! To all of us STILLLLLL waiting for those NOA2s...(today will be the day the pile of beginning of July filers gets attention along with the rest!) it's Sept 15th. Halfway through this month.. Let's all think good thoughts today! And all of you waiting for the NVC numbers and to make other progress I hope things go well. Keep writing and letting us know how it goes. It's nice to hear about people getting one step further to living their lives together in the same place!

Yaaaaaay! Go July! :D Thanks, Cramak!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not much people get approve last night.. :angry::angry:

I don't understand, on the 13th there are massive approval, yesterday only a few...What happened to them last night?

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.